PDA

View Full Version : stupid commercial

guster girl
10-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok, so, I was driving a little bit ago, and, this commercial comes on. It's a lady talking about how they threw a surprise party. And, how she guessed it wasn't that great of an idea because it was for her dog, and, there were a lot of strangers. **Especially because it was a Rottweiller** So, in the background, you can hear a dog barking, and, then, she goes on to describe how they had to resew someone's finger back on and deal with all the settlements, etc. Then, the point of the commercial becomes clear when she says this year they just got steaks and a bottle of St Genevieve. And, then, a man's voice says something about "st genevieve, for life's little celebrations" or something like that. I don't know if anyone else thinks it's bad, but, I was like, dang, why do they have to use a breed that already has a bad reputation? I just felt the commercial could have been just as funny without being breed specific. I dunno, thought I'd vent.

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 01:32 PM
That does seem awfully stupid...grrr. What are people thinking sometimes!

cfuh
10-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah, that's certainly not nice. :( :(

animal_rescue
10-13-2004, 08:35 PM
I wish I could find the e-mail for those people! I sure have something to say to them(I've looked but I can't find the commerical online!)

Twisterdog
10-17-2004, 10:27 AM
I was like, dang, why do they have to use a breed that already has a bad reputation? I just felt the commercial could have been just as funny without being breed specific

Actually, I don't think it's funny at all. Not only does a specific breed need not be mentioned, I think it does the dog fancy no favors whatsoever to air commercials about dogs biting off people's fingers ... no matter what the breed.