PDA

View Full Version : Basie, the good pill taker!

NoahsMommy
10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
I just know that after I type this, all will change tonight. But, the little guy deserves praise. :)

His sneezing has been horrible! He has asthma and allergies and they were pretty unactive for the past two years, until now.

He's gotten a few anti-inflammatory injections and one strong one to help his asthma for 6 months. That seemed to help his gasping for air thing. But...his sneezing remains bad. Poor little thing sneezes until he's unable to stand. :( (Like 50 in a row, I worry he'll pass out because I know he's not getting air when he does that! :eek: )

His vet prescribed Chlorpheniramine and Pred 1-2 times daily to get his immune system under control.

Last night, Basie took both his pills with a minimal amount of fussing. This is a big thing for "Mr. Hide pills in my mouth till they let go". I've learned a few tricks that even confuse him, he'll walk away and try to spit out whatever I've already sent down his throat. ;)

He seemed better last night and this morning so far. Yay! Hopefully this will work. Our next step is a kitty enhaler if it doesn't. That should be really fun to give him. ;) :rolleyes:

shais_mom
10-08-2004, 12:36 PM
aaww poor little Basie Boy!
I sure hope he continues to take his little pills!

jazzcat
10-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Poor Basie. What a good boy he was last night. I hope it does continue and he can get some relief.

lynnestankard
10-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Aww poor Basie baby - so sorry to hear he's feeling under the weather. But what a clever boy - he knows his Meowmie is trying to make him better with the pills.

Fingers crossed and lots of purrs for the lovely fella from Bagel,Ketchum and Dan xxx

Lynne

rg_girlca
10-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Awww Basie, I hope you continue to take your pills like a good little boy, so that you can stop that nasty sneezing.

Glad to hear that your felt better this morning and pray that you continue to do so.:)

catmandu
10-09-2004, 09:20 AM
If there was a word,for the Found Cats,and Pills,it wouldnt be Good Pill Takers! I generally,buy,thier meds,in liqiud form,then,at least,they get the benefit,of a little,of what will cure them.

NoahsMommy
10-10-2004, 12:22 AM
I LOVE Basie on antihistamines!!!! I know that may sound bad, but we don't call our Basie Bratty for nothing!!

He terrorizes Noel, now that Olivia is beyond his reach and Noel doesn't stop him. I know that tortie girl could kick his little behind, but she just lets him torment her.

Not on Chlorpheniramine!! ;) His sneezing is gone and he's back to his sweet self. Fun huh??

He's getting a tad resistant to pill time, but he's still doing well and I'm getting them down him before he can get them out again. ;)

Yay! We have a calmer, happier house.