PDA

View Full Version : Back to searching for a cat!

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Well most of you probably know that I won't be getting Peter, because he doesn't like dogs.

I am searching again, I only have a couple for now, Im going to be looking at some add's also(cats for sale and things).

Ebony:
http://burinspca.com/Ebony.jpg
This is an e-mail I got about Ebony:
"Ebony and four identical females plus lots of kittens were dropped at the shelter early one morning and were there when I went there. We also had a litter of kittens come in without their mother a couple of days later, they were tiny, and probably would have died, but Ebony nursed them all! They were subsequently adopted and we just had to save Ebony because she was so kind hearted. She is one in a million!"

I am waiting back on another email to see how she is with dogs and other cats.

Kitty:
http://www.envision.ca/webs/ClarenvilleAreaSPCA/images/Kitty.JPG
The e-mail I got about Kitty:
"Kitty is a quiet, friendly cat. She is hesitant around other cats, tolerates them, as long as they are friendly. I do not know how she would be around dogs."

I think thats all for now, but I am still looking..

If anyone wants to help me look, the shelter list is HERE (http://www.adoptananimal.ca/search.php?animal=2&prov=NF&zip=&within_miles=50&x=0&y=0) , the first one is too far from us however.

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Got another choice!! I just got another e-mail back :)

It's a long drive, but Im hoping that will be ok.

This is Lindy:
http://www.cornet.nf.ca/web/spca/images/lindy.jpg
And here is the e-mail:
"hi robyn. we are on the west coast. we can't transport our animals but we do make adoptions out of the local area if you can come and get them. lindy is a lovely cat with a good personality. she's fine with cats and dogs. she was spayed yesterday and is now in a foster home. let me know if you are interested. best wishes, shawn"

:D

trayi52
10-08-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry, Robyn. Hopefully, you will find one soon.

Willie:)

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Lindy sounds like a sweety. You have got me looking at our local shelters and rescues now, although i wont be able to bring another Cat into my life for about another 6 months.

lady_zana
10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Not only is Lindy beautiful, she's sounds like she's got a great purrsonality as well. {I love the black spot on her nose!} Have you tried www.petfinder.com ? They always seem to have beautiful pets from different shelters.

catnapper
10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Gosh I wish you lived closer... you'd love Harry! Coming to Pennsylvania any day soon? :D

Corinna
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
You need to get Ebony Chris and I both have an Ebony and they are terrific kitties. I beleive hers is short haired and mine is long .

NoahsMommy
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
They are all cute! I really like Lindy though. :)

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys :)

Yep I looked on petfinder, there aren't many kitties on it around this area!

Originally posted by catnapper
Gosh I wish you lived closer... you'd love Harry! Coming to Pennsylvania any day soon? :D

Harry is adorable, nope don't think Pennsylvania is in my near future..Comming to Canada any day soon? :p ;) :D

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 01:05 PM
I am really liking this guy!

Jebus:
http://www.ruffspots.com/components/com_hotproperty/img/std/17_jebus.jpg
"Jebus is a 2-3 year old neutered male cat. He is a very gentle cat and spends his days lying on the couch. He gets along with most other cats and will tolerate dogs. He has a bit of a limp in his hind legs...possibly caused by an old injury, but it does not appear to bother him. . He has been x-rayed but there are no broken bones.Jebus would do well in most any home."

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 04:38 PM
My mom says we can't get Lindy or Jebus because of the location.

I called a local shelter who only has 1 cat on their website but it says they have lots and couldn't update.

So they are going to call me tomorrow with a list of the cats that are already spayed/neutered and good with cats and dogs :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Where is Jebus at? I just might go snag him lol :D Good luck in your search, Im a firm believer in the philosophy that cats pick YOU!

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Where is Jebus at? I just might go snag him lol :D Good luck in your search, Im a firm believer in the philosophy that cats pick YOU!

Hehe still here in the province, just a long drive ;)

Also the shelter Im talking about don't have cages(they are trying to raise enough money to build a big non-kill shelter) so they only have foster homes. I'll have to make appointments to meet with the ones I'd like to, and I'm sure s/he will pick me ;)

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Be careful about "looking" lol! When I got Remus, I just was visiting the shelter! Ha lol :D

Remember to take lots of pics of your new furkid for us!

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Don't worry!! I'll have you guys sick of pictures :eek:

leslie
10-08-2004, 10:53 PM
where is jebus? Does he seem like a good match for your family? Lots of shelters do transports!

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by leslie
where is jebus? Does he seem like a good match for your family? Lots of shelters do transports!

I asked them about transports and they don't do them. So I have to keep looking!

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm sure you'll find the purrfect kitty. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I'm sure you'll find the purrfect kitty. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)