PDA

View Full Version : Need Name Ideas

catnapper
10-08-2004, 07:49 AM
I have it all set to pick up Babycakes on Sunday. Last night as I was scheming it with the person who has her now, Grant asked me if I was planning on keeping here, and I said "noooo :rolleyes: she's a FOSTER." He said, " :rolleyes: You're keeping her." With a big smile on his face. :D :D

So now we have to really rename the poor dear. I'm told she knows her name and answers to "Cakes" I don't know which is worse - Babycakes or Cakes!

What name can I switch it to that prettier? I was thinking Kate or possibly Cassie... but I don't know....

It doesn't even have to be a human name. I have a Pouncer, so perhaps another verb for a name? :D

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
She's coming home on Sunday!!! YIPPEE!!! You better have that camera ready!
I think Kate is cute and it's close to "Cakes":eek: since she already knows her name. You could eventually turn it into Katie if you wanted. I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions and I will keep thinking.
Lets see how this flows
Allen, Pouncer, Evie, and Kate! I think it sounds good!:D

QueenScoopalot
10-08-2004, 08:07 AM
You could call her Katie Cakes for a while, and eventually drop the Cakes ending! That's what's suggested by our shelter for cats that come in knowing their name. ;) Doesn't happen here however. Call for Impy, and I get everyone! LOL!

christa
10-08-2004, 08:09 AM
As soon as I read that she answers to "Cakes" . . . I automatically thought of KATE OR KATIE! And then I saw that you'd already thought of that . . . I think that would be a definite option! Cute name . . . and a few less calories! LOL

catmandu
10-08-2004, 08:23 AM
How about Sheba,the name,of my Late Aunt,and Uncles Cat!Then,she could be The Queen of Sheba! Or King,as I am ,not sure of the gender!

catnapper
10-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Impy.... LOL!

Catmandu, if I hadn't known the MEANEST cat known to mankind with the name of Sheeba, I'd be thrileld to name her that. But I have so many bad recollections of a mean cat with that name.

I am leaning towards Kate/Katie, but I need to give the kids a list of names I like and have them narrow it down. After all I can't go naming all my cats myself... can I? :D

mina'smomma
10-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Now I'm weird, but I like Cassie and Kandi

Or how about Kuddles?

:D

Samantha Puppy
10-08-2004, 09:51 AM
I like Kate/Katie. It's very close to "Cakes" so she will have an easier time adjusting to the slight change.

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Eiii "BabyCakes" is coming home :D. I also think Kate is a nice name. I will keep thinking and get back to you.

Karen
10-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Katie cakes
Sugar
Bonny (close to baby) and I'm sure she's a bonny wee thing
you have a Pouncer, maybe a Twister?

Uniqueviking
10-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Try www.kittynames.com :)

You can choose from different categories: Male/female and then cartoons, history, music and so on. It also gives you the meaning of the name.