PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE...need many prayers for Pep

jazzzytina
10-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I know I asked this earlier, but Pep has taken a turn for the worse - I think he may have had a stroke. I'm taking him to the vet this afternoon at 2:30 - he can't walk and won't eat wet food, which is not like him, and he is mewing these teenie little mews - i can hardly type through the tears - he's been such a good cat for 19 years. We're just not ready to let him go. Please please say a little prayer for him that he can either go comfortably or hang on and bounce back. I really appreciate it.

Tina

aguu
10-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Poor Pep. He is in my prayers. Hang in there!

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 07:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Tina. I know it must be so heartbreaking for you.:(
Prayers are on the way that if Pep must go to the Bridge then let it be an easy and peaceful trip for him. Prayers also for you and your hubby. Pep is much loved and we all understand the pain it causes when it comes time for them to leave us. Please God let it be as easy as possible for all of them.
God Bless you all and please keep us posted.

QueenScoopalot
10-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Purrayers for Pep & you as well. Is he an older kitty? I would think the vets would want to see him earlier than 2:30! I'd be marching into my vets first thing in the morning without an appointment.

catmandu
10-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Our Friend Pep,is in our Prayers,we pray,that the White Coats,can restore him,to health,so he can be with you,once again!

jazzzytina
10-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Pep is 19. Today is surgery day at the vet, and they don't take any appointments until 2:30. My sister is with him while I am at work for a while - she is so good with him and he loves her dearly. He even wrote her a love letter that you can see at

www.jazzytina.com/aloveletterfrompep.htm

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.

Craftlady
10-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Good Luck.
I like other think you might want to think about changing vets. They can make time to see you inbetween surgery procedures. I am so thankful when my vet practice says "come now" when it's a emergency.

Uniqueviking
10-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry :( My prayers and very best wishes to Pep!

jazzcat
10-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry. I hope Pep will be okay. Prayers on the way!

QueenScoopalot
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by jazzzytina
Pep is 19. Today is surgery day at the vet, and they don't take any appointments until 2:30. My sister is with him while I am at work for a while - she is so good with him and he loves her dearly. He even wrote her a love letter that you can see at

www.jazzytina.com/aloveletterfrompep.htm

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.
Now that's one heartfelt love letter! :) Gorgeous Pep...please get better so Auntie Maria & your Meowmie can have more years with you. :)

slick
10-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh Pep, what a wonderful love letter. Your Auntie Maria must be something special. It brought tears to my eyes. Mega prayers on the way for you sweetie. You've had a good life until now and I pray that you are around for a few more years yet. Get well soon honey and please tell your Meowmie to post as soon as there is any updates.

NoahsMommy
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
:( I'm sorry about Pep's health concerns. :( I hope everything is successful today.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Pep and all who love him. My cats have all paws crossed too!

AmberLee
10-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Our prayers are on the way, too.

jazzzytina
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone. The vet says that there's really nothing they can do for him, but if we wanted, we could have a bunch of bloodwork and x-rays done. He said the chances of him being able to fix what he might find wrong is "very low". He gave him a B-12 shot and some NutriCal since he isn't eating, and just told us to make him comfortable. Maria, my sister, was here with him all morning and held him like a baby and he seemed to like that.

He's been a good, good friend, and COTD, so we couldn't ask for much more except for a peaceful end to any suffering he's having. We're going to decide what to do when Daddy gets home from work.

Thanks so much for your prayers and concerns. It really helps to have people who understand to talk with.

Tina

Kirsten
10-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm so very sorry!!! :( We're never ready to let them go, not even after 19 years.

I wish I could say something that comforts you, but there are no words for these moments. :(

But there are many people here who have been through the same, and who understand...

Your Pep is in my thoughts,

Kirsten

lynnestankard
10-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Oh Tina how terrible sad for you.

I know you don't want opinions -but can I just say - the kindest thing we ever do for our much beloved furries is to be with them and cuddle them when the time is right for them to go to the Bridge.

I'm keeping you all in my prayers - {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

rg_girlca
10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
You and Pep are in my prayers.

catlady1945
10-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Poor Pep is in our thoughts. We had the same situation last year with you 19-year old. Our poor, Patty was in very bad shape and failing rapidly. I held her as she passed on and she left us very peacefully.

jazzcat
10-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I'm so sorry. ((((HUGS)))

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

I held RB Crybaby when she went to the bridge, she was 19 too and had a similar thing happen :(

jazzzytina
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
You all have been so kind. Lynne, you're right, the best thing we can do is be with him and cuddle him and that's what we've been doing. Everyone's advice has been so helpful. Tad, my husband, is so attached to him, and has never lost anything or anyone close to him, unlike me, both my parents are gone, i've lost pets, so I'm most worried about him. Pep is laying on the couch with him now, mewing occasionally. We tried giving him some Nutrical, but he doesn't seem to want any, so we're just watching and waiting. I've cried so much my eyes are swollen, and I know many of you have been through the same thing. Luckily, we have Vivi and Sasha, and now Nilla (a dog we found about a month ago) to keep us company when he goes.

Thanks again so much for your kind words and prayers.
Tina

todd
10-08-2004, 09:06 PM
prayers for Pep comeing your way I thay are like part of the family let us now how it go.
Hugs

prechrswife
10-08-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pep's condition. (((((Hugs)))))

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2004, 01:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pep.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please take care. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Karen
10-09-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm closing this at jazzytina's request. See Pep's Memorial thread. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60764)