PDA

View Full Version : Can I Keep Him?

dukedogsmom
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
As I was leaving work the other night, this cute little guy was waiting by the gate. He looked so dirty that I felt really sorry for him. I wanted to take him home but didn't know how Duke would react. I had to at least have a pic of him, though. Isn't he cute?
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/homelesscone.jpg
Ok. I admit I didn't get the whole cone thing. I just felt like contributing and added to the fun. I told my friend what we did and that I had to have a pic. She said I had lost it but she was laughing.
Here's a great pic I got by chance on the way home from Kay's. I saw him lying down so I just put the camera on the seat and took it while driving. I love it.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/1003042.jpg
I'm also including one video of Duke in his ride, cruisin'. I love the song playing. Can anyone tell me the name of it?

Shelteez2
10-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Cute pic. :)

I have a couple that I took while driving on my road trip to Wyoming but I don't have them uploaded.

I believe the song is called something like "Goodies" and it's by Siearra?? I'd never heard of her before, but my sister loves the song. She's in bed now or else I would go ask her the actual name of the song.

Edited to add:

Okay I just went and looked at the web site for our radio station and the song is called Goodies and it is by Ciara. :)

BCBlondie
10-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Awwww Duke is so cute!! :D

K9soul
10-07-2004, 11:46 PM
That expression on Duke's face just melts me. What soulful eyes, makes me want to give him a kiss :)

I don't get the cone thing either really, I always wondered when/how that got started. Looks like that cone has done a lot of work :D

Kfamr
10-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Love that pic of Duke Dog.
The song is 'Goodies' by Petey Pablo & Ciara.

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Awww hello handsome Duke {Hugs}. Great photo Val. I too never understood the cone thingy or knew where it started. ;)

pitc9
10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Oh Val... that picture of Duke just makes me melt!!!

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 11:36 AM
what a great pic,,, and at least your baby sits forward,, for the longest time,, Lucy would ONLY face the rear on the car,, now after 2 years,, she has graduated to sitting at least,, sideways!!!!

caseysmom
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Do you guys buckle your dogs into the seatbelts...I am not asking to be judgemental I really need advice, I have let casey free in the car going to the dog park, its only a 5 minute drive but recently she almost got me in an accident...something in the car shifted and scared her and she jumped on my feet....I had to slam on the brakes ....luckily I was near a red light...I am sure the guys next to me thought I was drunk...anyhow has anyone tried a seatbelt? I don't want to crate her for such short trips.

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 11:45 AM
We have a seatbelt for Lucy,,, and she hates it,,, we will be getting one for Merlin as well,,, Nothing more dangerous then a loose 60lb plus or so object in a car!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenScoopalot
10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Poor stray hungry looking cone. :( I hope you at least left it some food...it looks a bit undernourished up top. Maybe some cone shelters are in your area that would be willing to find a good home for Coney? :confused: :D BTW great picture of Duke! Talk about liquid chocolate eyes! :D :)

caseysmom
10-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
We have a seatbelt for Lucy,,, and she hates it,,, we will be getting one for Merlin as well,,, Nothing more dangerous then a loose 60lb plus or so object in a car!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw one at the discovery store I keep kicking myself for not buying it...casey is only 40 pounds but she is VERY strong I am sort of afraid she will pull the seatbelt out of the car.

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
heheh,, I dont think that will be a problem,, if you consider a average man say 175 lbs in a car crash pulling on the belt in a crash ,, or not,,,,, I dont think the man would stand a chance against the strength of the seatbelt,,,, now,, a 40 lb doggie,, umm,,, its ok,, I am pretty darned sure the seatblet will win and doggie will stay put!!

dukedogsmom
10-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I do seatbelt Duke all the time. You don't need to buy one of those special harnesses for it, though. I just use his regular harness and it works fine.

sammy101
10-08-2004, 05:00 PM
the music really adds something! lol looks like he loves to cruise with the music on loud.;) I dont remember what the song is called,but ive heard it before
Great Video!

We dont buckle Kodie in b/c he's in the back( we have a Jeep Liberty),and once in a while he'll come in the backseat to put his head out the window.but he does weigh over 90 pounds,and i dont need him flying all over the place in the car:rolleyes: :p