PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch the Animal Cops shows??

sammy101
10-07-2004, 04:14 PM
i watch the Houston one,since i live there,:rolleyes: lol,i love that show and i like watching those horable people getting arrested for what they did.

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2004, 04:24 PM
No, I saw the Detroit one once and they rescued dogs kept in a shed, not fed, and in the bitter cold of winter... which was cool that they rescued them but at the same time, I couldn't stand to see the emaciated puppers. Can't watch the animal cop or ER shows.

PJ's Mom
10-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I watch them sometimes...not as often as I used to though.

aly
10-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I try to watch them. I'm so sensitive and emotional that I bawl the whole time. But I find it really fuels me to keep volunteering at the shelters, keep fostering, and keep doing all that I can for the poor innocent souls who still have a chance to be saved.

chrissycat21
10-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I watch them sometimes. I like when they find the dogs/cats/other animals new homes at the end the best! I hate when they have to euthenize them because of someone's carelessness!:mad:

K9soul
10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I watch them sometimes, it is heartbreaking but when they show a success story of an abused animal getting a new loving home and the old owners getting arrested, it feels wonderful. Hubby will leave the room if it's on because he can't stand seeing animals in pain, so I really only turn it on if he's doing something else and if I'm in the right frame of mind to watch.

kingrattus
10-07-2004, 09:25 PM
I LOVE animal cops, its one every night from mon-wed & on wed ther r 2 hours of it. Huston/Detroit & a Florda one... Huston/Detroit r my fav. I got to see the officers on a reg bases so I like the show more, but the Florda one is new to me so its kinda iffy, plus the florda one repeates its self ALOT during the show, which is very annoying. Sure its nice to see whats going on if u missed part of the show, but seeing the same clip of a lady saying how sad over & over & over & over, really kills the show.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I watch Animal Cops: Detroit and Animal Precinct sometimes but not often. I can't believe the HORRIBLE things people do to animals:mad:

dogs_4_me
10-07-2004, 10:20 PM
I think most of those shows are too sad to watch

teenster3
10-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I've seen it several times but, it's VERY hard for me to watch & not cry for those poor animals!!!:(

teenster3
10-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh,
I've also thought about how I could get into this field to save animals like they do. However, dealing with human scum day in & day out would be exhausting. But I'm glad there are people out there who can do it!

manda_moo87
10-08-2004, 06:16 PM
I do once in a while. :)

moosmom
10-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I try to watch them when I can stay awake long enough, but lately working 6 days a week, I'm out like a light by 8 pm.

Sometimes I have a hard time watching "Animal Cops Detroit" because I happen to be friends with Debra McDonald and she's told me stories that would curl your hair. She's the most wonderful, compassionate, caring person I've ever met. She is SO right for that job.

catfancier
10-08-2004, 08:20 PM
The one that I've seen on Animal Planet over here is (was?) called Miami Animal Police - I'm not sure if that is the same as the Florida show people are talking about but it sounds the same because I can't stand watching it anymore due to the repetitiveness - every 5 minutes they go over what happened 5 minutes ago, and what's going to happen in 5 minutes!

They're starting one of the Animal Cops shows sometime next week I think too. But I probably won't watch, because I know that there are animals suffering throughout the world, I don't need to have my heart broken every week by watching an episode.

I totally commend those men and women who are animal cops though - I couldn't do it, I'd probably almost kill the b*stards who treat their 'pets' the way they do.

I like the article about the puppy who pulled the trigger on the idiot who couldn't handle the litter of german shepherd puppies, and tried to shoot them all. Serves him bloody right.
Now if this isn't a subject to get the blood boiling!

sammy101
10-08-2004, 09:42 PM
they had all the new Houston episodes on this week,and all of them were really good,and lots of people got arrested:) but too many skinny dogs,:( and horses,and they even had VERY overweight pigs,it was so sad:( :(

molucass
10-09-2004, 12:59 AM
I just was watching one a couple of hrs. ago, and they rescued well over 200 cats out of a cat collectors house.... The man actually lived inside the house in there, when all the people rescuing them was about to pass out from the smell....not to mention all the feces all over the walls, caked on the floor, and etc.
Unfortunately all of the cats were very feral and aggressive and had to be put down... :(
That's one of the worst ones I've ever seen.