PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my night on the lake with hurricane Jeanne.

Fox-Gal
10-07-2004, 02:46 PM
I just got power back on the other day and so just now got the chance to work on my pictures of that night. I thought I'd share a few of them. I thought some might like to see what happens to a very small normally calm lake during a hurricane.

That night as the strom was starting to build up winds. Sorry they are a little dark, but it was night in pouring down rain. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0038.jpg

Early morning we saw this come down.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0046.jpg

A little after the eye was over, the small lake seem to become a ocean.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0045.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/DSCF0048.jpg

The whole thing was scary and amazing at the same time. I see now how some people can trun into storm chasers, there was just something about it all that makes you want to watch. I was also told that on the other side of the lake the water just dried up.

After all was done and over we left to come home to more damage, but that's another whole story. :( :( :eek:

robinh
10-07-2004, 03:20 PM
OMG!!:eek: That is so scary!

I'm glad you're all OK! With winds and water like that, it could very easily gone another way.

Kfamr
10-07-2004, 03:26 PM
WOW!

I know how you feel. We didn't get hit as hard as you but I couldn't help but watch the whole thing from our front porch. It surely is amazing and scary.. there's nothing more to describe it.

Logan
10-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Libby, where were you? Were you staying at your own home or somewhere else?

These pictures resemble an ocean!!!!! Wow!!!!! :eek:

I'm just so glad you're ok and there was no more loss of life for you or your family. I did hate to see the damage done to your property, though, in the other post.

Logan

popcornbird
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
O-M-G!!!!!!! :eek::eek: That is SO scary!!!!! My goodness!!

I'm so glad you're ok, but its heartbreaking to know that your home suffered more damage. :(

trayi52
10-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow, what some dramatic pictures! It does look like like an ocean! I am just glad you and your family are alright, Libby.

Willie:)

snappy
10-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Fox-Gal - I am so glad that you and your loved ones are alright. They say that pictures speak a thousand words - well your's sure did! WOW!:eek: :eek:

dukedogsmom
10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Those were amazing! I apologize for never calling you :( So, it's good to hear from you. If you can ever get like you're feeling halfway put together, I'd love to come down there and visit. How's all the animals doing?

guster girl
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Those photos are incredibly beautiful. I know it's a dangerous situation, and, I'm glad you're ok. But, I agree with you in that I can totally see why people chase storms. Those pictures are mesmerizing to me, very powerful. Thank you for posting them.

BCBlondie
10-07-2004, 08:49 PM
:eek: :eek:
Scary!!
Glad you're okay!

captain
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Glad you checked in!!!!!:D

How about taking a pic of that lake NOW ........ I am sure it will blow my mind even more .......:)

delidog
10-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh FoxGal!!!
We've been waiting to hear from you....

I sure hope you had less damage this time....and that ALL the critters are Alright!!!

Those Pics are Great!!!!
Looks like My Pool....I looked out in the storm,and I'm Like..."John The Pool Has Rapids in it"!!!!

I know...The STorms can be mezmerizing....Thats' Unfortunately how alot of people get hurt....evryone wants to go out after and have a Look See.....They don't See downed Power Lines...and get electrocuted....Sad part of these Storms...Rarely is Anyone hurt or Killed In The Storm...It is Always Before & After....

You Are In Our Thoughts And Prayers,FoxGal!!!
Hope this finds You Home Safe & Sound!!!

NoahsMommy
10-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Wow! Those are amazing pictures!!

I'm glad you're safe. :)

ramanth
10-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Wow FoxGal! Those pictures are intense!

And it's astounding how a little lake can have swells that big. :eek:

I'm glad you're okay.

Corinna
10-08-2004, 12:57 PM
WOW It would be intresting to see some pictures of the same area to day as a compariso n you took some great shots.

lute
10-08-2004, 02:13 PM
WOW! those are some good pics! that had to be really scary!

Fox-Gal
10-09-2004, 02:43 PM
How about taking a pic of that lake NOW
Good idea, I wish I had though of that early. It would be nice to have the calm pictures to compare too. As soon as I get a chance, I'll take some pictures.

I apologize for never calling you
No need to apologize, it works both ways, I could have called you too. I was just so busy with the mess here, that honestly I didn't think about anything but that, as I'm sure you have been busy too.

Libby, where were you? Were you staying at your own home or somewhere else?
We where staying right down the road, in a concrete home. My friend felt we be safer there then here, I gald we listened to her. I don't think I could have sat in my own home and watch the damage happen to it. In some ways it's better to come home and find it then to see it going on and know there is nothing you can do to stop it.

dappledoxie
10-09-2004, 02:51 PM
OMG, how awful, and scary. I'm glad you are ok

RobiLee
10-09-2004, 06:19 PM
WOW! So scary! Amazing pics.

Robin

KYS
10-09-2004, 06:29 PM
That lake looks more like and ocean.
thank you for sharing.