PDA

View Full Version : Keep your fingers crossed *update*

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi guys,

Well my husband and I talked and right now just doesn't look to be the best time to introduce a new dog into our lives. We're still trying to save up money to decorate the house to our liking, we have no kids so we tend to want to hit the road whenever we can - and my parents have no problem taking care of Samantha but asking them to handle another dog (when they've never owned multiple dogs either) just isn't fair. Maybe later, when Samantha's older and not adjusting to living with new people (well, not new but she lived with me AND my parents and now she just lives with josh and I) and a new house, etc.

However, to soften the blow, Josh did say that I could look into getting a kitten. Woo hoo!! I had been looking at getting a Maine Coon kitten from a breeder but they're *so* expensive and we just don't have $550+ to spend on a kitten right now - especially when so many others are in need. So to Petfinder.com I went!! And I found these guys in a DC-area shelter:

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/VA219/VA219.3393505-1-x.jpg
Stevie and Vanilla (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3393505&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=416586db07713bfc-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

I completely fell in love. Stevie (the dark one) looks like he may even have some Maine Coon in him, but regardless of that, he's adorable. And Vanilla is just absolutely STUNNING. I sent the link to my husband asking him if he'd mind if I looked into adopting them and made sure he knew they had to be homed together which would mean TWO cats and he said he didn't mind! So I've got an e-mail into the contact AND I'm about to call because I cannot WAIT!!!

Aren't these kittens beautiful?

(PS - I know I said all that stuff about Samantha adjusting BUT while living at my parent's house, she grew up with a cat, so she gets along very well with them and it wouldn't be a major "adjustment" like another dog would.)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Thats awesome!!! Two kittens will be more fun then one. I'm so excited for you.:)

wolfsoul
10-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Aww how cute! Vanilla reminds me of my Caleb. :)

Jamieejo85
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Good luck, those kittens are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Good luck! The kittens are too cute. I really miss having a kitty. Just love their purrs. Samantha will look so cute with them, too. Think about all the great pics you can get.

dappledoxie
10-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Those kittens are so cute! I miss having a kitty, good luck with them!!

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Good luck the Kittens are just precious :D. All fingers, paws and claws are crossed for you.

robinh
10-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Ooooooooooohhhhhh! Vanilla is so striking. Stevie looks like my sons RB kittie Markie. Good luck!!

Jamieejo85
10-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I don't know if there has been an update lately or not. If so, forgive me because sometimes I miss important threads. I was just wondering if you ever got those kitties??