PDA

View Full Version : New product - Airborne

gini
10-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Has anyone tried the new product Airborne?

It is a product to prevent colds that was created by a school teacher who was tired of getting colds from her school kids.

I had heard of it, then saw the woman being interviewed on Oprah.

I bought some.........$5.99 for ten tablets..........and I thought it did work. I had the sniffles and those awful feelings that start up when you think you are getting a cold. They are gone!

You can't get it at health food stores because it has some artificial sweetener in it. I got it at Trader Joe's.

You put it into water and it dissolves like an Alka Seltzer...........lemon/lime flavor.

aly
10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
I saw her on Oprah too. The product sounded pretty cool but I've never tried it myself.

micki76
10-07-2004, 10:58 AM
I saw it on Oprah too, and I will try it if & when I get sick this winter.

Rachel
10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Gini, what are the ingredients listed on the package? I also saw the show you are referring to and heard of all the people who swore it works; however, I can't help but remain a bit skeptical based on its origins....like how did this school teacher know what would prevent colds????

We have a Trader Joe's near us, so I may pick some up, as I also believe that sometimes there are simple solutions for complex problems. [Don't you LOVE Trader Joe's?]

gini
10-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Vitamin A - 100% Acetate
Vitamin C - 1,000mg
Vitamin E 30 i.u.
Magnesium 40mg
Zinc 8 mg
Selenium 15 mcg
Manganese (Gluconate) 3 mg
Potassium 75mg
Herbal Extracts - Lonicera, forsythia, Schizonepeta, Ginger, Chinese Vitex, Isatis Root, Echinacea,
Amino Acids (Glutamine, Lysine)

Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate, natural Lemon-Lime Flavor,
Polyehtylene Glycol, Sucratose, Mineral Oil

And now I am totally blind.......those ingredients are in such tiny type on the box!!

Trader Joe's is W O N D E R F U L!!!

Rachel
10-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Yikes, that's a lot of stuff. I'm a little leary of herbal rememdies since I take prescription meds and one really doesn't know how things interact.