PDA

View Full Version : This is so funny...I had to put it here!!!

QueenScoopalot
10-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Instead of Dog General (which is where it should have gone). This dog is such a smarty!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/3712960.stm

Cameras show who let the dogs out

Red "only ever chooses to let out his mates"
A dog has been caught on camera breaking out of his kennel at Battersea Dogs Home and freeing other animals for regular midnight feasts.
Red has been unlocking his kennel using his nose and teeth before releasing his favourite canine companions.

Staff at the south London animal shelter decided to install cameras after arriving each day to find food everywhere and dogs running amok.

The lurcher's kennel has now been made more secure to stop him escaping.

Liz Emeny, from the home, told BBC News Online the most dogs Red had ever released in one night was nine.

Red's kennel has now been made more secure

"For the last two weeks staff have been arriving every morning to a complete mess with dogs and food everywhere," she said.

"He [Red] only ever chooses his mates to let out, with Lucky the dog, who he was found with, being the first to be freed.

"We don't have CCTV cameras in the corridor so couldn't work out how he was doing it so we asked a film company to set up some cameras."

The three-year-old lurcher has been at the home since June after being handed into a London police station in an emaciated state.

"Lurchers aren't usually known for their intelligence but Red is such an inquisitive dog and would be so easy to train," Ms Emeny added.

:D :D :D :D :D :D He's a party dog for sure!

pitc9
10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I saw the video on TV the other day!! It's so funny!!!

micki76
10-07-2004, 10:31 AM
LOL!! That's too funny.

Those look like nice kennels! :)

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 10:40 AM
That is one smart pup :D.

carole
10-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Yes I saw that on the TV the other night, that is one smart dog, I bet know they will be unindated with people wanting to adopt him.,almost like something out of a movie.

snappy
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
The fact that he let out his friend Lucky first - I hope whoever adopts Red, takes Lucky also! I saw this on the local news the other night. I think it is great! The had their own version of the 'dog house'!:D :D :D

Holly's mom
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM
A co-worker told me about this the other day. I was just amazed, what a smart dog!

leslie
10-07-2004, 11:23 PM
I can't open the video for some reason! I want to see the video!!!!!!! WA!

lynnestankard
10-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Double darn Leslie - I couldn't see it either!!

(whine - whine -whine.................................. )

Lynne

ChrisH
10-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Update on Red :)
http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60399

lute
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
haha! that is a smart dog!:D

Chica
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Instead of Dog General (which is where it should have gone). This dog is such a smarty!

:D :D :D :D :D :D He's a party dog for sure! Red is a very smart dog! Does it really mean that if he was adopted, he would let burglers in the house???? :eek: :rolleyes: I saw the News video. A very interesting dog!!;) :D