PDA

View Full Version : I met Peter this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
:D :D :D

This morning around 10am, my mom and I went to the Humane Services and met this guy, Peter(name has to go):
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/NF01/NF01.3452240-1-x.jpg
"Peter is a dlh orange tabby neutered male. He is a quiet , gentle cat. He gets along with other cats. Peter is a lovable cat that is around two years old. This cat is looking for a loving home to take him in. Peter will be an enjoyable cat to have in your home. He will sit and read the paper with you."

I am so happy, we walked into the room, and there he was, sitting in a little basket looking at us, I walked over and he purred, I pet him and I even picked him up and he looked into my eyes and it was the most amazing thing in the world!!!!

He looks alot like Tigger, but he is ALOT smaller LOL and ALOT more social and just ugh I am so in love!!!!!!!!
I hated when she said we had to wait 24 hours!

I filled out the application, very anxiously, she said they will call us later today or tomorrow, and hopefully we'll be getting him tomorrow :)

I am so happy, in tears and ready to burst, even though I only had 2 hours of sleep!

:D :D :D

puppyluvs
10-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Oh Sweetie I know that excitement, It's wonderful....I hope the call you soon cause the anticapation will kill you if you are like me :D

sirrahbed
10-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Oh Robyn!!! I am so excited for you!!!! He was my favorite too!!!!!! Something about that expression and the beautiful eyes. And, you know you can't go wrong with orange :D He looks like a real love muffin to me. So he is smallish huh? Hard to tell from the picture. What color are his eyes? Since he reminds me so much of Twink's Barliman, I wonder if they are "liguid caramel"?? That is how Twink described Barli's eyes:) This is agony to wait isn't it???
YAY!!

catcrazylady
10-07-2004, 08:52 AM
YIPPEE!!! He is simply BEAUTIFUL !!!
I can't wait until they call and tell you that Peter is now yours and he could be cuddled in your arms tomorrow!!!
I'm so happy for you and I'm especially happy for Peter!! :D :D :D

cruisetime
10-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Ahhhhh the wait.... If you are like me you won't sleep much tonight either till you get him home with you.. :) :) I had to wait over a weekend for mine - the shelter had to take her to the vet to get fixed - I didn't sleep at all! :) :) So glad he will be coming home with you - I have no dought they will call you later and say he is yours! :) Have a wonderful day and and soon he will be in your arms again - you know he is even more anxious for that than you! Debbie

Logan
10-07-2004, 09:20 AM
He is so handsome!!!!! :) I hope by tomorrow, he will be at your house, FOREVER!!!!! :D :D :D

catmandu
10-07-2004, 09:33 AM
The Found Cats Orange Organization,salutes you,Peter was The Puuurfect Choice!

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh Robyn how exciting :D. Peter is just beautiful or should that be handsome. I cannot wait for the outcome, hurry up tomorrow.

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Oh Robyn!!! I am so excited for you!!!! He was my favorite too!!!!!! Something about that expression and the beautiful eyes. And, you know you can't go wrong with orange :D He looks like a real love muffin to me. So he is smallish huh? Hard to tell from the picture. What color are his eyes? Since he reminds me so much of Twink's Barliman, I wonder if they are "liguid caramel"?? That is how Twink described Barli's eyes:) This is agony to wait isn't it???
YAY!!
Debbie, I was waiting for you to see this ;)

He is such a love muffin!!! He loved being petted, and held(completely oposite from Tigger :p) he purred alot and was so calm, quiet and just started grooming himself.

He is small to me, but I've been used to a 20 pound cat :p

His eyes are a green-ish(I *think*).

His coloring is actually alot lighter orange than it looks in the picture and alot lighter than tiggers, he reminds me a bit of Dylan ;), except I don't think theres any/much white on him.

And yes, hurry tomorrow!!!

And YES....YAY!!!!!

NoahsMommy
10-07-2004, 11:25 AM
HOW EXCITING!!!! :) :) :)

He's such a lovely boy!!

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Yes VERY exciting!!!!

Im doing alot of reading about introducing a new cat and all kinds of things like that ;) :D

Tina
10-07-2004, 01:42 PM
He is so gorgeous! I'm sure you can't wait to bring him home tomorrow.:)

carole
10-07-2004, 02:50 PM
He is one beautiful orangie, I can feel your'e excitement oozing out of this thread, Hey I feel it myself, he is lovely, let us know when you get him and what you have decided to call him.

Uabassoon
10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Congrats! That is so exciting! I hope everything works out and they call you back tomorrow saying that he is ready to come to your home.

QueenScoopalot
10-07-2004, 02:59 PM
He's a gorgeous boy that's for sure! :eek: COTD material all around. Hope to hear he's coming home with you soon....and looking forward to more pictures of the hunk! :D

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by carole
let us know when you get him and what you have decided to call him.

I am open to name suggestions ;) I'll probably make a thread with a poll of names within the next few days!

Also nobody has to worry about pictures, I can't wait to take some pictures of him :eek: :D

rg_girlca
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Congratulations. He sounds like a real love bug.
It's the waiting that's the killer. Keep yourself busy so time flies by.:)

prechrswife
10-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Congratulations! He is a very handsome kitty. I know that the wait is endless.:)

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I am very excited, but still a bit worried about Tigger :(

I just don't want him to be mad at me! When my uncle Tony brang his kitten here tonight, Tigger hissed at him and stayed outside the entire time!

Im not going to let them see each other at all until a week or so, and Im going to do the "bowls on each side of the door" thing so they can eat almost next to eat other, and also the towel thing so they can get each others scent..

I just REALLY hope this works out, Tigger is not the friendliest cat when it comes to other cats, and I don't want him to be too upset with me ;)

He does love the dogs however, and he was here before all them, and he took that well and adjusted(sp), so I hope he can adjust to this!

RedHedd
10-07-2004, 05:25 PM
He's BEAUTIFUL! Kinda like a Tigger mini-me! :) As for names .... I'm sure once you're around him and get to know his purrsonality, his true name will come to you. That's how I've named all my cats.

slick
10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
What about calling him Pumpkin??

nibblets
10-07-2004, 06:57 PM
He is absolutely orangielicious! Sounds like he chose you, that is always a great sign that he will fit in perfectly! *crossing fingers that you get him*

sirrahbed
10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
I understand very well about being worried about your current kitty being mad at you! But, it is a very normal concern and most of the time, it is a useless worry. You are so careful Robyn - thinking of everything!! I hope your mom is very proud of you:D
Just take things gradually and give Tigger LOTS of loving and time to adjust to the "intruder" (that is what I am currently calling the kittens:rolleyes: ) Hissing is probably to be expected so don't worry.
I have previously brought only adult cats home and there has never been a problem. Some introductions took 10 minutes and others took a week or so. Each one is different. Don't worry, be relaxed and I have always felt the cats can sense your own relaxed attitude.

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks Debbie :D :D

Im not sure if my mom is proud of me :p, I don't think she knows everything I am thinking about or how important they are!

Also Tigger isn't a nice cat(I'd never say that to his face ;) :D) I just really hope that they will hit it off because "Peter" is so gentle and seems so submissive(sp).

I feel so bad for the guy! He stays in this little square room, in his basket, and his "room mate" is a female tuxi in a cage who is really upset and hisses alot!

But he was so relaxed even with those surroundings, he seems so sweet and laid back.

I have never felt like this, atleast not this fast!!

I knew he was purrrfect when I seen him and read about him, and meeting him only proved that!

manda_moo87
10-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh Robyn that is so great you can have Peter. He is beautiful and I bet he'll make a wonderful addition to the family... :) Congrats!

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
Oh Robyn that is so great you can have Peter. He is beautiful and I bet he'll make a wonderful addition to the family... :) Congrats!

Actually we haven't got the call yet :o :o, but I don't see any reason why our application wouldn't be accepted.

manda_moo87
10-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh lol. Well I wouldn't worry, I'm POSSITIVE you'll be allowed to get him! :D But good luck anyways!

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
He's gorgeous and I sure hope that you get the call tomorrow so you can adopt him and take him to his loving forever home.:) Good luck.:)

Glacier
10-07-2004, 11:52 PM
He's very cute!

I have an orange tabby named Peter--we call him Petey most of the time. It's a fine name!;)

trinity
10-08-2004, 06:13 AM
He is so beautiful! And for some reason, around 12:30 last night, this thought went thru my head...you already have a Tigger, why not change Peter to Pooh Bear? Pooh Bears are orange...and laid back....the strangest things go thru your head in the middle of the night, don't they? Congratulations!!!!

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Well its 10am, they just opened lol Is it a bad idea to maybe call? Or do I just wait and wait and wait? lol Ugh!

Originally posted by trinity
He is so beautiful! And for some reason, around 12:30 last night, this thought went thru my head...you already have a Tigger, why not change Peter to Pooh Bear? Pooh Bears are orange...and laid back....the strangest things go thru your head in the middle of the night, don't they? Congratulations!!!!

Hehe I was also thinking about another name from Winnie the pooh! Im going to be picking a name after I spend more time with him :D

catnapper
10-08-2004, 07:59 AM
What a truly handsome young man! Congratulations on your new kitty!

I like the name Peter... you could call him Purring Pete! :)

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 07:59 AM
I don't think it would be a bad idea to call. That would only show how much you want him and how excited you are. I don't knwo if you'll get an answer to your question but it sure won't hurt to ask!

I'm so excited for you that I'm about to bust! I hope all goes well when you get him home. He will be so scared for awhile but I'm sure with all the love your going to give him he will be fine in no time!!
Let us know as soon as you do!!:D

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 08:00 AM
:( :(

We might have to wait for 2 hours until my dad goes back on his bus-run, did I forget to mention that he doesn't know ANYTHING about this??

Not my idea, my mom said she would tell him in "her own way" :rolleyes:, you probably guessed by now that he's not the easiest person to talk to and wouldn't listen.

But I just feel kind of scared, that he'll be back home when we walk in, but my mom doesn't want to tell him now and of course he'll say we're not getting anymore pets..etc..etc(what hes said before we got all of them :o :p), and then my mom won't feel like going on out and getting him until my dad has reached the "ok whatever" point.

I hate waiting :(

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 08:53 AM
I would say that your mom knows how to handle your dad the best so I would just go along with what she says. I'm sure she has many years of experience with him and surely she wouldn't have let you go through this whole process if she didn't think she could convince your dad.;) Mom will work it out somehow I'm sure.
Keep us posted.

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I would say that your mom knows how to handle your dad the best so I would just go along with what she says. I'm sure she has many years of experience with him and surely she wouldn't have let you go through this whole process if she didn't think she could convince your dad.;) Mom will work it out somehow I'm sure.
Keep us posted.

I guess your right ;) Thanks :)

Its almost 11:30, so that means my dad is leaving in half an hour, and then I'll call and hopefully we'll be leaving after that.

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 09:08 AM
:( :( :( :( :(

Im crying so much right now, I can hardly see to type!

I called and they told me that he doesn't like dogs at all so they can't put him in a home with dogs....

Why didn't it say that on Pet Finder?? Or why didn't they tell us when they asked what other pets we had??

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/traurig/sad-smiley-021.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/traurig/sad-smiley-021.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/traurig/sad-smiley-021.gif

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Ok, I know this is heartbreaking news for you but think about it this way, if he doesn't like dogs then he would not have been happy at your house. That would have upset you to see him scared all the time. Trust me when I say that you really don't want to deal with those issues if your dad is iffy anyway. What this means is there is another kitty somewhere who belongs with you and with your other animals. I know you had your heart set on Peter but it must not have been meant to be.
Don't stop looking and I promise you that one day when you are snuggling with just the right kitty that you will be thankful that it all worked out the way it did.
The right kitty is out there and unfortunately you will have to be just a little more patient. I'm sorry you won't be getting Peter but please don't give up, ok? There are so many shelter kitties that need you and the right one is just waiting to come live with you.
It will all work out for the best in the end. I PROMISE!! God has a way of doing that you know?:)

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Oh sweety i am SO sorry :(. They should have told you first thing. :angry:
I am speachless :(.

DogLover9501
10-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks again, Lisa!

I know that he wouldn't be happy with the dogs :(, I really do wish they would have told us before, instead of waiting and I had names and everything, I guess it's my fault though because I didn't wait. I just thought on Pet-Finder they always used these little things:
http://www.petfinder.org/gifs/dog.gif
And there wasn't anythings like that by Peter's name :(

Ugh, I am going to keep looking, but from now on Im going to ask about dogs as my first question!!

Ack--Im always going to remember that guy :(

jazzcat
10-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Robyn I'm so sorry. They should have the info about not liking dogs on Petfinder.:(

CCL is right, you will find the right kitty for you and your family. Just keep looking, there are so many out there who need a wonderful home like yours.

catcrazylady
10-08-2004, 09:49 AM
It is a darn shame that they didn't let you know that upfront! They need a handslap for that since you got your hopes up. What a shame.:(
Start looking again and lets see some more pictures of possibilities.:D

sirrahbed
10-08-2004, 10:07 AM
((((Robyn)))) I am so sorry about this disappointment - but CCL is exactly right in all her advice - I agree completely. Peter would have been very unhappy and that would have made you miserable:( Shame on Petfinders for not saying that upfront! BUT - a purrfect cat is still waiting for you! You will see:D

catlady1945
10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
That's too bad - Peter is such a lovely boy. It would be nice if they had shared that info up front.

carole
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Aww that is a real shame, and such a big disappointment for you, I know how you had your heart set on adopting Peter, let us all hope Peter finds a loving home and soon.

Don't despair too much over Peter though, as there are so many beautiful kitties just waiting for you to come and see them and choose, just be patient , the right kitty will come along.:)

manda_moo87
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh No....:( I'm so sorry Robyn. So sad....

I know how you feel, we almost adopted a cat several months ago but then it didn't work out.