PDA

View Full Version : Camra Suggestions?

Aspen and Misty
10-06-2004, 09:22 PM
I am asking for a camra for Christmas. My dad is willing to spend $200 on it.

I want one that takes good pics. 3.2 to 4 pixels is also what I'm looking for. And I want to be able to take video's with sound, but this is not a must.

Any advice, I know NOTHING about this kind of thing so any and all help is apreciated!

**Edited to add,

if you could please post a picture of a picure you took with your camra. (this is not nesecary but will let me know what kind of pic this camra takes)

One outside
One Inside
One with the flash

Thanx,
Ash

Kfamr
10-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Canon is the way to go!

I believe the Canon PowerShotA60 [my old camera] is $100+
My current one [PowerShotA80] may even be on sale aorund that time. :)

christa
10-06-2004, 09:25 PM
I have a Sony Cyber-Shot, 3.2 megapixels.

Not sure how much it was. It was a gift.

I love it though.

popcornbird
10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I have a Sony CyberShot DSC-P8, with 3.2 megapixels, and I LOVE it. Its a great camera.

Its well over $200, but we were able to get it for $235 *I think* on sale. The original price at the time was $300. You could possibly get it for a good price during sales. It also makes videos up to 90 minutes with sound which a large enough memory card.

binka_nugget
10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Canons are awesome! There are newer models coming out (I think the A85 is already out) so that means that the older models are even cheaper! I think the overall quality is still the same, it's just a matter of megapixels (most people probably won't need anything higher than 2mp) and size of videos and such.

My next digital will be a Canon for sure. I also have a Sony DSC-T1 and hate it. It's 5mp but it doesn't even come close to my 2mp Canon.

Uabassoon
10-06-2004, 10:43 PM
You can't go wrong with a Canon, I have the powershot A80 it's over your price limit. But you can get one of the older versions and it should be within your pricerange.

Here's a picture I took with my canon. I've posted it a few times, but I think it's a great picture and shows how good the quality on this camera is.

This was taken inside with no flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/uabassoon/tibby_filtered.jpg

micki76
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I have an Olympus C-740 and have gotten lots and lots of compliments on many photos. It's well over your price range, though. :(

I think I'll always have an Olympus from now on. I ADORE this camera!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-07-2004, 08:35 AM
I too have a canon powershot A80 and love it. We bought it last year as our christmas gift to each other. I would defiantly go with a canon.

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 01:00 PM
My new camera is a Samsung digimax 401, 4 Mp, Video with audio, Black and white, and sepia toned. It has alot more features and is in your price range ($300 Australian $$$s). I am reasonably pleased with it.

I have attached a pic of Clover which was taken as the sun was setting, it was mostly cloudy outside with dark storm clouds, and the camera was on night mode. :)

Aspen and Misty
10-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Thank you! Everyone!!

Please keep the sugestions coming!

Ash

sammy101
10-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I have a Nikon Coolpix 775

its good,and i think its in your price range.
heres a pic of Kodie,it was taken with no flash,outside