PDA

View Full Version : Lucky & Louie

Dusty's People
10-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Ok sorry I haven't been on in a while, Duty of work calls though. The latest on lucky is he is better than ever. A little Spoiled though I tell you someone is going to get a REAL LAP CAT. Louie is great as well. Hope they get new homes and whom ever gets them becomes a member of PT I would like to keep up with these 2 Boys. Anyway I posted the pics as an attachment cause I am not as good as all of you in here yet. Mom will be home next week and can show me this. Hope you enjoy these pics.

QueenScoopalot
10-06-2004, 08:31 PM
He looks like a total sweetheart! And so grateful that all these PTers came through just in time to save his life. ;) Now the sticky part is how to get reliable transport? :confused: They need a home where they'll be loved forever, and no chance of gas chambers in Southern area shelters. :( I'm not sure what, and how many states down your way use gas...but what an awful ending it would be. COME ON PTers!!! Put your collective minds, and hearts together on this, and help figure out how to get these boys up to Mass from Louisiana!!!:confused: Lucky & Louie need help still. :( Jan

Dusty's People
10-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Also Both kittes are putting on some good Weight Lucky loves lying on a heating pad and in Foster Moms lap. When he gets a new home Boy we will miss him dearly. Would love to keep him but we have our hands full with Dusty, Princess, Gizzy, Amy, and Samantha. We would and like to thank everyone for the help.

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
He's so adorable. I hope a forever home can be found soon and/or the transport arranged. Wished I knew some way to help.

rg_girlca
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I am so glad to hear that the boys are doing so well.
Wait a go Lucky and Louie.

Know what my dream is. That Lucky and Louie are able to find a forever home together, as i'm sure they will miss each other being separated.

leslie
10-06-2004, 10:16 PM
hi all! Well, there has been zero luck with all the transport groups I have joined... until yesterday. I got mail from someone doing a transport from GA to MA and inviting Lucky and Louie along if we can get them to GA, (in pet finder)- but no dates listed on when this is happening! I have private messaged this person back as Kevlin will be in same state next week but yet to hear response! This has been one frustrating and NEW experience! I do not know what I am doing! But have been diligent as best I can! Hopefully this person will get back to me in next day or 2! I was feeling SO discouraged until the suprising one piece of mail yesterday and now am a bit down on it again with no response..
Nice pic! Glad they are doing well! What a cutie! Are the original "owners" asking how "Cheech and Chong" are doing? Do they ask at all?

catcrazylady
10-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Lucky looks fantastic! If my house wasn't on overload I would take those adorable boys! I wish I could be of help with the transport but I just don't see how we can swing it.
Thanks to you all for caring for these little boys. I'm sure you will miss them but it sounds like your doing a wonderful job of spoiling them for their next home!:D
Leslie I have never dealt with any of this transport stuff and it's a shame that it has to be so frustrating. I hope you hear back from that person that PM'd you.

mina'smomma
10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Its awesome to hear that Lucky and Louie both are doing so well. I'll keep praying that they will get a wonderful home where they are spoiled rotten.;)

catmandu
10-07-2004, 08:30 AM
They,are Great Looking Cats,with the Happy Smiles,of well cared for Companions!

leslie
10-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Can anyone help? I copied and pasted from pet finder's transport group. this is the nice person I told you had responded to me when I had really given up all hope! She seems nice and sincere and on the up and up. She went to pet talk to read about lucky and louie! (maybe we have a new pter?!!!) Anyway, she asked me to post this here to promote the need for rides for these kitties! Of COURSE! (meaning of COURSE I will do anything to help!! What do you all think else I could do to help get these kitties including lucky and louie up here?)
Donate

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:37 pm�_�_ �_
Post subject: �_GA to MA 10/16-10/17-kitties need out of shelter!!!

****PLEASE CROSSPOST*****

6 cats and kittens (all friendly, lovable, highly adoptable) need transport from kill shelter
Madison Oglethorpe Animal Shelter in Danielsville, GA
http://www.moaspets.org/MOAScats2004.html
to approved independant rescuer Brooke Saxton in Boston, MA
rinkratscores @ hockeymail.com (remove spaces)
please email Brooke if you can help or have any re-routing suggestions
Passengers:
Will be spayed/neutered and vaccinated prior to transport
Minnie: female tabby
October: Russian Blue X female
Melody: torti 4 month old female
Spicey and Saucy: 8 week old black fuzzy kittens
1 TBA
Lucky & Louie: 8 month old male kitties rescued from near death
1 or 2 hitchhikers welcome!

Leg 1:
Danielsville, GA to Anderson, SC
50.94 miles (1 hour 23 minutes)
8:00am-9:30am

Leg 2:
Anderson, SC TO Spartanburg, SC
64 miles (1 hour 13 minutes)
9:40am-10:45am

Leg 3:
Spartanburg, SC TO Charlotte, NC
76 miles (1 hour 23 minutes)
10:55am-12:20pm

Leg 4:
Charlotte, NC TO Salisbury, NC
43.03 miles (49 minutes)
12:30pm-1:20pm

Leg 5:
FILLED! THANKS ANN!!!!
Salisbury, NC TO Greensboro, NC
52 miles (1 hour)
1:30pm-2:30pm

Leg 6:
Greensboro, NC TO Durham, NC
54 miles (58 minutes)
2:40pm-3:40pm

Leg 7:
Durham, NC TO South Hill, VA
73 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)
3:50pm-5:10pm

Leg 8:
South Hill, VA TO Ashland, VA
87 miles (1 hour 32 minutes)
5:20pm-6:50pm

Leg 9:
Ashland, VA TO Springfield, VA
79 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)
7:00pm-8:15pm

***OVERNIGHT NEEDED AROUND LEGS 9, 10 or 11****
Leg 10:
Springfield, VA TO Baltimore, MD
53 miles (1 hour)
9:25pm-10:25pm

Leg 11:
Baltimore, MD TO Newark, DE
57 miles (1 hour)
11:35pm-12:35pm

Leg 12:
Newark, DE TO Cherry Hill, NJ
50 miles (1 hour)

Leg 13:
Cherry Hill, NJ TO Edison, NJ
60 miles (1 hour)

Leg 14:
Edison, NJ TO White Plains, NY
66 miles (1 hour 15 minutes)

Leg 15:
White Plains, NY TO Berlin, CT
81 miles (1 hour 28 minutes)

Leg 16:
POSSIBLY FILLED
Berlin, CT to Worcester, MA
75 miles (1 hour 17 minutes)

Thank you to whoever can help bring these kitties to safety to find their forever loving homes

rinkkrat

�_

Revised and updated. Also, here is the sad story of Lucky and Louie, the newest passengers. Their lives have turned around, let's get them to safety and to a loving family!!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=59267&perpage=15&pagenumber=1