PDA

View Full Version : Do You Watch Animal Planet?

manda_moo87
10-06-2004, 07:13 PM
I do, I think its a wonderful channel. So many great shows on! :D

dogs_4_me
10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
I love Animal Planet as well:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-06-2004, 08:04 PM
YES! I love that channel:D I don't watch all the shows though because most of them are repeats and I am usually in school when the show I like are on.

Uabassoon
10-06-2004, 08:05 PM
I used to watch it when I had cable, but I haven't had cable in about a year and a half so I never get to watch it anymore.

micki76
10-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Hardly ever. They used to have a lot more 'feel good' and informative shows, and I used to watch it ALL the time. Now all I see on there his Animal Cops and shows like that. Now I know those shows do some good, and burying our heads in the sand won't help, but it's too painful for me to watch those types of shows. :(

Then there's the one (I think it's called That's My Baby?) where they show people breeding who really shouldn't be. :mad: :(

In other words, I rarely watch. All the 'feel good' shows are ALWAYS reruns and usually YEARS old.

Can you tell I've written to Animal Planet about their shows? :o :D

Kater
10-06-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm like Micki in that some of their programs and even certain episodes are not very enjoyable for me.
I enjoy Emergency Vets and shows highlighting rescue work or sanctuaries. A lot of the stuff tends to make my blood boil though... :(

GoldenRetrLuver
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Kater
I'm like Micki in that some of their programs and even certain episodes are not very enjoyable for me.
I enjoy Emergency Vets and shows highlighting rescue work or sanctuaries. A lot of the stuff tends to make my blood boil though... :(

I feel the exact same way.

Kfamr
10-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I rarely watch anymore.
I feel the same Micki and Kater do.

puppyluvs
10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I love the channel

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I LOOOVE Animal Planet!!! I watch it all the time, and my favorite shows are the E-Vets (I LOVE those episodes!), Breed-all-about-it, That's My Baby, and Pet Story. I don't get much time to watch the shows, though I do whenever I can! :D

pitc9
10-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Sierra and I watch it every chance we get!

I love the program showing wild babies growing up, the one's I've seen were "Growing up Wolf" and "Growing up Linx"

I watch all the animal cop type shows, I cry my eyes out most of the time and my hubby shuts it off sometimes, but I just love seeing those rotten people get arrested!! The happy endings just make me melt! OF course all the endings are not happy..:(

BitsyNaceyDog
10-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Justin and I very rarely watch TV, so we don't even have cable. I watch it sometimes if I'm at my in-laws house.

PJ's Mom
10-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I dont mind the animal cop shows...especially when one of the people gets arrested. That's the best part! :)

manda_moo87
10-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I dont mind the animal cop shows...especially when one of the people gets arrested. That's the best part! :)

Yeah, I like that show to. It can be very sad... but its great when the owners get arrested *evil laugh*. ;)

Amber
10-07-2004, 04:12 PM
I used too..

I agree with kater, mickie, kay, and julie.

The only thing I watch once in a while is A pet Story or Adoption Tales (i can't think what its called)

ParNone
10-07-2004, 04:25 PM
When I first got cable with Animal Planet on it, I watched all the time. Breed All About It, Pet Story, Emergency Vets, Pet Psychic, just pretty much all the upbeat shows. But I'm like micki now, I rarely watch it anymore. All those shows are reruns and the new shows all seem to be either abuse shows, which I just can't watch, or some guy running around pestering reptiles, which I have no desire to watch.

I keep wondering with such a boom in dog sports, why they're not showing agility, frisbee, earthdog, etc competitions. They broadcast all kinds of dog shows, so I don't get why they don't capitalize on all these different dog sports, which are way more interesting to watch, in my view.

Par...

K9soul
10-07-2004, 06:00 PM
I don't watch it as much as I used to for some of the same reasons others have stated but I love any of the specials that are on sometimes like when there was a special on there about war dogs or agility championships etc. I also enjoyed Pet Star and look forward to the new season of that. I record/watch all the K9-5 shows on the weekends. I like that one show "The Most Extreme".. can't remember if that was on Animal Planet or Discovery but I was thinking it was AP. It's the countdown show where they always have a top 10 animals in a different category every time, like top 10 strongest animals, top 10 stinkiest, top 10 most venomous, etc.

MariaM
10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Mmm well for the longest time I didn't have it and all of my friends did, but I JUST got it for the first time in maybe 5 years. I don't know that many shows they have since we just got it...I saw one I didn't really like about these people going on a date who had dogs...can't remember what it was called.

Sorry if somebody already posted about this, I didn't read all the replies.

Kater
10-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
I keep wondering with such a boom in dog sports, why they're not showing agility, frisbee, earthdog, etc competitions. They broadcast all kinds of dog shows, so I don't get why they don't capitalize on all these different dog sports, which are way more interesting to watch, in my view.
Excellent point! I'd love to see more dog sports on Animal Planet.