PDA

View Full Version : Checking Cat Of The Day!

Bari_d
10-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I keep wondering why so many people who submit their cats for Cat of the Day don't seem to even see the day their cat is honored! Surely if they see their cat is honored, they would post about it!

Cat of the Day has done such great things allowing us to show our kitties' stories around the world. Yet so many of those who have submitted their cats for the honor, don't stop by COTD and know their cat is there!

What can we do to get more people interested in stopping by COTD daily to see if their cat has been honored???

Bari - mother of the Cat Happy Pride

NATRAH
10-06-2004, 07:37 PM
I think not all owner who post to COTD can write in english. like myself i visit this site daily and read all the thread but i dont have gut to write and respond.

i think my english is poor. hope you can understand this.
anyway i have 5 cats, most of then siamese mix.

I love MYCATS soo much.
:D :D ::D

christa
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll admit, I don't always check.

Aren't they suppose to email you when you get COTD? I guess that's why I don't check on a regular basis.

catmandu
10-07-2004, 08:48 AM
If one of My Cats,was ever honored,as COTD,not only,would I notice,but I would throw a Partee,in thier honor,and have a Tshirt,made of it,and bore everyone,that I know,with it!

sirrahbed
10-07-2004, 08:55 AM
I must admit that I do not always look at COTD and only realized that Dylan was honored when I heard it here on General! I think and e-mail announcement would be a good idea so folks who might otherwise miss their day would be sure to see it! Allot of time might go by before their cat is selected. I never did receive any notification so if it is already being done, perhaps I just missed mine? Sure glad I am part of PT as I would have hated to miss Dylan's special day!:D

Killearn Kitties
10-07-2004, 09:05 AM
First, can I say Natrah, that your english is NOT poor. I understood perfectly what you said. I would also love to hear about your cats. I do understand your fear though. I have a huge amount of admiration for the people who use this site whose native language is not english.

I don't really know why the vast majority of people don't reply to the post about their cat/dog/pet. It's great when someone joins and says "thanks". I suppose we don't know whether they are reading the posts or not. Certainly when I submitted my mum's cat and he became Cat of the Day, I went in and read the posts. I had never logged on to Pet Talk before in all the years I had looked at the Cat of Day. Even when I read the posts for my mum's cat, we were really excited, but it never ocurred to me to join (bad person that I am). From that time though, I did start to look at the forums and realised what a great source of advice it was. I joined about four months later when I was on holiday from work (extremely busy job at the time).

mina'smomma
10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Natrah,

Your English is better than mine, and I'm in America. Please don't let that stop you from participating in our discussions. We value your info just as much as everyone else's.

If I could get my camera working I have several cute pictures of Mina, and would love to have her Kitty of the Day.:p

Bari_d
10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Natrah, your English is just fine! Don't hesitate to post or share photos! That is what COTD is all about! I have to admit that Cat of the Day is almost always a daily stop for me with my morning coffee. I have enjoyed seeing my own cats honored and have met many online friends as a result of posts or emails from people here.

It would be great if Karen or someone could email people who's pets are being shown the next day - that is the way it used to work, but I do understand that they receive so many photos, etc., now that just handling them is time consuming and we don't have to pay to see all these beautiful animals.

Karen and all do a wonderful job to share these photos - I wish more people would just stop by each day and check to see if their submitted cat or dog has been honored! I always look forward to a reply by the cats' family or maybe an updated photo!

Thanks for listening/posting on this subject.

Bari

DJFyrewolf36
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey it was my moms bird being POTD that spured me to join PT!!! :D I know if Remus were ever COTD I'd be throwing a party! *And probibly take off from work too lol*

NKBurlington
10-07-2004, 11:24 AM
I sent my boys photos in MONTHS ago, and I'm sure to check daily, but still nothing.

I may have missed a day or two on the weekend however.

BTW, how long does it take before one becomes COTD?

jazzzytina
10-07-2004, 11:30 AM
I look at COTD every day. I nominated Sasha months ago and heard nothing and she hasn't won . :(

When Pep won in December of 2003, I never got an email. I nominated him twice. I wonder if they are just innundated with nominations.

cruisetime
10-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Natrah - great to see your post. Please join in - it is fun and we would all love to hear about your cats. :) I have a good friend Dian who is from the Philappines who now lives in Chicago and I can understand you more than her! :) :) You know English well.

I check Cat of the Day everyday and read the caption of who the cat is. I was doing that before ever coming here to talk. I LOVE to see all the cats and hear how they came to be part of the family. I have learned something too. Sometimes I think - that cat isn't cute or pretty, what are they thinking! Then I got my own cat and think she is heaven sent and the most precious thing ever. No matter what others think she looks like. I'm learning. Love is from the heart and always will be. :) I have to get some pictures of my new addition to the family - I am so proud of her! Soon! Debbie

RedHedd
10-07-2004, 11:51 AM
POTD is one of the first sites I go to when I log on each morning. I learned about the site from iWon's POTD feature and it took me years to look a little to the left and see that there were Pet Talk forums. I didn't join PT until after my RB Goldie died and I needed an outlet for my grief.

Now, of course, the rest is history .... this place is addictive. I haven't put my two up for COTD because I don't think I've taken a good enough picture of them yet to qualify for COTD. Besides, they are my special cats of the day every day. I know it can take years for your pet to actually make it to the POTD page as they get millions of submissions.

Bari_d
10-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Keep in mind that Karen, et al get many, many candidates each week from most every country in the world - many more than they may ever be able to show! Be patient - all but one of the cats I've submitted have been COTD - the last one took almost a year I believe.

Also, if you feel your cat/dog/pet might have been shown and you missed it, just do a search on their name (search on the main page). You'll see all cats, etc., having that name or even pets mentioned in the write ups.

Bari

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
When Ally was chosen I received an email from Karen the day before to let me know.

In the email she mentioned that usually they do INVITE the purrson of the COTD to join Pet Talk, when they send them the email that their pet has been chosen, but in my case I was already a member ;)

Maybe part of the problem is the time delay between submitting and being chosen - peoples email addresses etc change. (I know that I contacted the lady with the Bahraini Dilmun which was COTD in August, and she replied back that they are no longer in Bahrain, and gave me the cat's new owner's details.

Maybe Karen can pop over here and clarify how it works?

jazzzytina
10-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Hooray for COTD and POTD that they have so many animal lovers and so many nominations! It's funny, when I nominated Pep, I was clueless, and I was perplexed as to why he didn't win THE VERY NEXT DAY. Now I know better! They do a great job at POTD and deserve applause for bringing us such cute pictures and stories every day. :cool: