PDA

View Full Version : Few pics from my husband's crash this weekend...

Tonya
10-06-2004, 06:17 PM
WARNING: These pics are a little bit gross. They're of my husband's swollen black and blue ankle.

My husband crashed his motorcycle again. :rolleyes: This time it was at Infineon Raceway aka Sears Point in Sonoma. It was really scary for me because I couldn't find him to find out if he was ok for quite a while. Anyways, the bike is toasted and he's pretty beat up from head to toe, but nothing life threatening. He went over the front of his bike and tumbled quite a ways on the asphault. His helmet is cracked and the face shield is ripped off. He's black and blue all over, especially his arm. Being the stubborn man he is, he already removed his cast himself yesterday. :rolleyes:

I took these pictures to send to his boss yesterday because he lied to her and told her he could work Thursday. I think he needs to stay home a while longer. His job is physical and he's on his feet all day running up and down stairs.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p54b3de2a2bf43e74fa51f85dab6b59d1/f6bd16e1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p02cab1271ace7f6783c18056e7027bd1/f6bd16e5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p299263665d4d84daeeee01bff9afe8f3/f6bd16dc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p50c401d53a5e0b2fae513dc710855902/f6bd16d6.jpg

RedHedd
10-06-2004, 06:32 PM
YEOW! That looks like it hurts a lot! I love Sears Point aka Infineon (still can't get used to the new name!). Ahh yes, the roar of the engines, the smells .... the speed! FUN! and scary. I had a boyfriend who was a race car driver and instructor up there, so I can say that I've actually been on the track in a race car! It was FUN! Hope your hubby heals quickly! Is the bike toast?

Tonya
10-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
YEOW! That looks like it hurts a lot! I love Sears Point aka Infineon (still can't get used to the new name!). Ahh yes, the roar of the engines, the smells .... the speed! FUN! and scary. I had a boyfriend who was a race car driver and instructor up there, so I can say that I've actually been on the track in a race car! It was FUN! Hope your hubby heals quickly! Is the bike toast?

Thank you! We're not sure yet. He had to order parts for the damage that he can see so far. It would have been about $4000, but he's got sponsors, so luckily we didn't have to pay all that. But most of that stuff is cosmetic things. He hasn't looked at the actual mechanics of the bike or to see if the frame, rims, or forks are bent. Normally, they total them if the frame is bent, but he's got a buddy that can straighten frames.

*edit* Hubby just corrected me, not all $4000 went to the bike. He had to get a new helmet, gloves and boots because they got destroyed in the crash....That was about $1000 of it.

Karen
10-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Yowch that ankle looks SORE!!!! Hope it feels better even sooner than it looks better!

kimlovescats
10-06-2004, 07:09 PM
OUCH! Glad he is "ok"!!!:eek: ;)

shais_mom
10-06-2004, 11:55 PM
omg!
omg!
omg!
I see people everyday with broken bones and such but I haven't seen an ankle THAT bruised and swollen that was fractured for a long time. The only ones worse then that are the ones that are thru the skin or at least almost
!! yikes!!!

puppyluvs
10-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Tonya I have a friend that crashed his motorcycle last year just as your husband has here, would you believe that bruise is still there !!!! I am serious, this happened last year !!! Man they both are very lucky !!!!!!!!!!!

BCBlondie
10-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeouch!! :eek: :(
I'm glad your hubby will be okay though!
I hope he makes a fast recovery!

My brother (16) wants to get a motorcycle... :rolleyes: I betcha you know what my parents said to that! LOL

pitc9
10-07-2004, 07:29 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Tonya
10-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
omg!
omg!
omg!
I see people everyday with broken bones and such but I haven't seen an ankle THAT bruised and swollen that was fractured for a long time. The only ones worse then that are the ones that are thru the skin or at least almost
!! yikes!!!

Mike says it's not broken. lol. He totally lied to the doctor on what happened in the first place. I wasn't there for the ER visit, but I don't think the doc checked him out enough.

Today, he's got a follow up appointment with our family doctor. His boss (after me sending pictures) told him he can't come back with out a doctors release. I'm going with him to make sure that he doesn't cheat. :D

Maybe later today if I am not to lazy, I will take pictures of the motorcycle.