PDA

View Full Version : Toby's at the vets =(

ComedyDevil
10-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm so scared :(

Last night Toby was quieter then usual, and he threw up a few times. I was gonna take him to the vet's in the morning if he wasn't any better. This morning he seemed ok, back to his old self. I thought he was ok. And then at lunchtime he started throwing up again, he was coughing a lot and breathing real heavy, he wouldn't eat anything and he hadn't drunk since the night before.

On the way to the vets he collapsed and he was hardly breathing :( as soon as we got him to the vets they put him straight on fluids, they said his blood pressure was very high and he was dehydrated. Once they stabalised him they did an emergency surgery to find out what's happening, part of his intestine is swollen and he's losing proteins through his stomach lining - they don't yet know what's caused it.

We've had to leave him at the vets. He's still having trouble breathing. The vet said he only has a 50% chance of making it through the night. :(

I'm so scared, I feel so terrible for not noticing it sooner, and not knowing why it's happening. :( He can't die, he's my first dog, and he's only 8, he's too young to die. If he dies I will kill myself, and I'm serious. I know that sounds stupid and OTT, and I know he'll have to leave sometime, but not yet, I can't let him go yet. I'm so scared, please pray for him. :(

:( :( :(

PJ's Mom
10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Keep thinking positive thoughts and the rest of us will send all our good wishes and prayers to your Toby baby. He's gonna be ok.

Peej and Bailey send you big ((((hugs)))).

Logan
10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh dear. You keep your thoughts positive and trust your vet to do the right thing for Toby. I know you are worried, but we are here for you and I will definitely be keeping your Toby in my prayers. Keep us posted, and go see him when you can. It will help him to see you, even if he is still in a drugged state.

Logan

tatsxxx11
10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Oh no:(:(:( Oh, please hang in there. I know how terrified you must be, but Pet Talk prayers have been known to work miracles. Please don't blame yourself. It's not something you could have seen coming. Hopefully they'll be a noticeable improvement following the fluid replacement, then hopefully they can find out what's causing this:( Lots and lots of prayers and postive thoughts for your beloved Toby are on the way. He's such a beautiful Labbie boy. We're here for you. Please don't think of doing anything drastic. Your pups need you and we're here for you. Check in when you can. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Sandra
Cody and Star.

KYS
10-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh Dear, sending oodles of ooodles of get
well wishes that Toby will be ok.

Karen (((^..^)))

GoldenRetrLuver
10-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh no, poor Toby. :( I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers, Amy... {{hugs}} I really hope he'll make it through okay.

Thinking of you.. keep us updated, please.

chocolatepuppy
10-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Prayers and thoughts coming your way for Toby. Please don't blame yourself, it's not your fault. And please don't talk about killing yourself, even if the worst happens your other babies need you! And we need you here too! PT prayers are mighty powerful so hang in there.

shutterbug0303
10-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Hang in there Toby! Sending lots of hugs your way so you'll feel better very soon...and Amy...don't blame yourself for this! Everyone is here for you! Check back when you can and let us know how things are going. ><> prayers <>< and {{{hugs}}}! Hang in there

Judy and Chloe (and the rest of the gang is pulling for you too, Toby!)

dukedogsmom
10-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how scary it is when they're really sick. I almost lost Duke about a year and a half ago so I know how you feel. Please don't give up on Toby and go see him as often as you can. I think that's the best medicine you can give him. I hope they can help Toby to be happy and well again.

micki76
10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh Amy, my dear friend, I wish I'd seen this sooner. :( I'm praying and praying and praying that Toby will be fine. :(

You are NOT a bad mom for not noticing sooner. They fool us sometimes and make us think it's just a bug, or that they're ok when they're not. I know how much you love Toby, Squid, and Ollie. Those kids are EVERYTHING to you and I know, that you know that you haven't let Toby down. You're just worried and scared, as anyone would be.

I hugged Chester & Millie and said a little prayer for Toby & you. I don't pray often, so I don't know how much weight my voice carries, but PTer's prayers are miraculous.

Please, please keep us updated.

QueenScoopalot
10-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Prayers coming your way for Toby. It's so hard when out beloved pets can't talk. Glad he's being treated, and saying many prayers that he'll do fine.

Pitties are my life
10-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I hope Toby is ok. Don't kill yourself. Thats definitly not the right thing to do. If your having suicidal thoughs perhaps you should see someone:confused:

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I am so sorry:( I'll keep praying that he'll be OK, I know how that feels (I almost lost my RB Jesse 2 years ago from Pancreatitis:() and don't blame yourself, it's not your fault:( sometimes things like this happen unexpectedly. Please update us as soon as you know what's happenning. ((((hugs))))

puppyluvs
10-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Lots of prayers & hugs coming yours and toby's way !!!!!!!!!!! Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s

Kater
10-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Toby will be in my thoughts and prayers!
{{{HUGS}}} to you during this scary time. :(

Holly's mom
10-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh, no, I do hope your Toby is better soon! And please don't blame yourself, we know you love your pups. It sounds like your vet knew exactly what to do, and hopefully Toby will soon be on the road to recovery.

The_Duck
10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and have my class pray for him tomorrow morning. Hugs to you both and just keep thinking positive thoughts. He's gonna be ok, hang in there alright?

captain
10-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Don't hurt yourself, PLEASE!!!

Let us know how he is ...............

wolf_Q
10-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry this has happened to Toby. :( Prayers on the way! Hang in there!

sammy101
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
On the way to the vets he collapsed and he was hardly breathing as soon as we got him to the vets they put him straight on fluids, they said his blood pressure was very high and he was dehydrated. Once they stabalised him they did an emergency surgery to find out what's happening, part of his intestine is swollen and he's losing proteins through his stomach lining - they don't yet know what's caused it.

that sounds like what my RB dalmation did.She had K/D,and she got so sick,and after a few months of having it,she started throwing up her food,and collapsing as yours is doing.Is the collapse like he jsut falls on his side and his tongue is hanging and not breathing for a few seconds??and she lost alot of weight and got weak,i dont want to scare you
im so sorry that he's not doing well,and i hope he gets better.:(
{{hugs}}

BCBlondie
10-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Omg :( I'm so sorry.. I hope Toby makes a fast recovery!
Stay strong, Toby!!
**hugs**

ComedyDevil
10-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Well, he's still alive.

He's breathing real heavy, and is still trying to throw up, even though his stomach is empty. The vet's given him something to stop it, but it's not helping much. Part of his intestine is infected, they may have to remove it, and they can't work out how he's losing proteins. If he doesn't significantly improve today, he's going to be put to sleep. :(

I hate this, I hate that my dog is sick and I can't do anything, I hate that I didn't notice it sooner. I can't lose him. He was fine on the weekend, he's not even old, he's only 8. This is my dog, the dog that plays tug for 2 hours straight, the dog who's so gentle with my pups and hasn't ever even growled even when they're climbing on his head. The dog that poses so beautifully for photoshoots, and most importantly, the dog that comes everywhere with me, and always knows how I'm feeling and comforts me when I'm sad.

That's my dog. Not the dog I saw today, a black mutt with a greying muzzle, stuck in a cage with tubes in him, having trouble breathing and too tired to lift his head. I didn't even recognise him. :( This sounds horrible, but in a way I wish it were Ollie or Squid that were sick, at least they're younger - they'd have an easier time fighting it off. I really think we're going to lose him, and I can't, not like this, not yet. :(

This is a picture I took of him Saturday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/junoandtwister/img_14411.jpg

He doesn't even look ill. Gosh, I hope he pulls through. :(

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. I'm not gonna do anything stupid, I'm not suicidal, but that dog means everything to me. I wouldn't need to kill myself, I'd die without him anyway. Thanks so much for caring, I'll update when I can.

Amy :)

chocolatepuppy
10-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Amy, Like I said before, please don't blame yourself. I will continue to keep Toby and you in my thoughts and prayers as the day goes on.

delidog
10-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Please know that You & Toby are in our Thoughts and Prayers....
Please try to keep your spirits up...(I know..Easier Said than Done!!)...But for His Sake...Please try...
Visit him and Coddle him as much as possible!!!
Good Luck...
Keep us Updated...

Cookiebaker
10-07-2004, 06:45 AM
:( Oh no! Major prayers on the way for Toby that he will pull through.

I know how terrifying this must be for you. Please let us know how he's doing when you can!

{{{Huggs}}}

petslover
10-07-2004, 07:17 AM
hey prayers for your dog.. i hate to hear that, but just think positive. God bless!

pitc9
10-07-2004, 07:22 AM
It's not your fault!! Please don't blame yourself, you got him help as soon as you noticed!! You've done all you can, now you have to leave it in the hands of the vet, and to the power of Pet Talk prayers!!!

Please hang in there and be strong, Toby needs you to stay strong!!

COME ON TOBY...... GET BETTER!!!

Hugs and prayers to you and Toby!

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 07:32 AM
I am sorry for not seeing this sooner,,, amy,,, dear,,, hang in there,,, no talk of suicide or death,,, youll be ok no matter the outcome,,, We all are praying our hardest for you baby,, he is truly beautiful,,, the vets and you are doing all you can.... hang in there!!!!:(

lovemyshiba
10-07-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm sorry, I missed this yesterday.:(
Dear Toby is in my prayers, that he will fight it off and pull through like a champ.

Jods
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry I missed this I was away yesterday... I'm so sorry :(
Comon Toby fight as hard as you can!!!!!
Prayers on the way!

micki76
10-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Amy, I woke up several times last night with you and Toby on my mind. Each time I said a prayer for you both.

I know how hard it is to lose one, but keep praying and please take care of you.

I'm so sorry this is happening. :( I wish I could be there to give you a shoulder to cry on. :(

C'mon Toby, Mommy's not ready for you to go and neither is PT.

ComedyDevil
10-07-2004, 08:57 AM
I'm going to visit him in about an hour. If he's no better he's going to be put to sleep. :( I can't cope with this :( I love you Toby ...

:( :( :(

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Lighting a candle for you and Toby,,,, wishing only good thoughts....... Stay strong....... We are with you in spirit!!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2004, 08:59 AM
C'mon Toby... you gotta pull through, big guy.

Keeping the thoughts and prayers coming!!

micki76
10-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Candles aren't allowed in our building, so I lit a virtual candle for Toby, Amy.
http://www.petpics.net/memory/

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Missed this yesterday. I'm so sorry, but I'm sending up prayers now and I hope they work. Toby, pull through, baby boy! I know you've got so much tug left in ya - you don't wanna pass that up, do you? :)

Jaime

Dere Tobee,

My momma sez dat yor not feelin' gud. I hope you feel bedder soon! Youz gotta fight aginst da bad germs dat are makin' you sickies. Jus' rest up an' do whut da white koats say an' I know you'll feel bedder soon. Your momma ain't reddy to lose ya so pleeze Toby, fite hard. You are a hansum guy - I wanna see more pikchers!!!

Lots of lickies and head rubs,
Samantha

K9soul
10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh God, I'm just in tears. I just saw this this morning and I feel heartsick. I'll be praying with all my heart for a miracle for Toby. Please pull through sweet Toby, your mom loves you with all her heart and soul, she needs you sweet boy. I wish there were more I could do/say... All I can do is promise that you and Toby will be in my prayers. :(

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh Amy i have only just seen this now :(. Plenty of get well wishes and tons of prayers on the way for both Toby and yourself. I will be waiting anxiously for an update. :(

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
http://www.petpics.net/memory/

I lit one as well.. thanks for the addy!!!!!

DJFyrewolf36
10-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Lots of candles lit for Toby. He is in my thoughts and prayers

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh my! How did I miss this yesterday.

I am so sorry to hear about what's going on with Toby. I hope you come back from the vet with some good news.

Toby is in my thoughts.

tatsxxx11
10-07-2004, 10:27 AM
I too kept thinking of you Toby, all night long. I'm beyond heartbroken not to have read an encouraging update:( But we're not giving up hope. Please Toby, fight sweetheart. Your mommy needs you so and loves you and we love you too. We all wish we could be there for you Amy. I'm lighting a candle now and praying for a miracle. Love to you Amy and sweet Toby boy.

DogLover9501
10-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Oh No :( :( I hope Toby is doing better

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I am going CRAZY waiting for news,,, I am so worried for sweet Toby and his mommy...........

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Me too Lorraine :( (It is nearly 4am), Good vibes still coming Tobys way. Please check in when you can Amy {Hugs}.

micki76
10-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I know, I've been keeping this thread & LJ up and just refreshing every few minutes. I also have AIM open, but I have to go to lunch now. Hopefully when I get back there will be some GOOD news from Amy.

pitc9
10-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Come on Toby.......we're all pulling for you!!!

shutterbug0303
10-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Toby....how are you doing buddy??? Hang in there and pull through! You have a lot of people thinking about you!!

tatsxxx11
10-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I can't stop checking and can't stop thinking of you sweet Toby. Praying so hard that we'll hear some good news soon.

PJ's Mom
10-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Hopefully the saying, "No news is good news" applies here.

micki76
10-07-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm so worried that something has gone wrong. It's nearly 8 pm Amy's time. :( :( :(

robinh
10-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Have been checking in hoping to see good news. Sending lots of prayers for Toby.

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Me too,, but I am TRYING so hard to think that because she hasnt gotten a hold of us,, that he is doing ok and she just is staying with him at the vets....

tatsxxx11
10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
That was my thought Lorraine. Or maybe he had surgery and she's there at the vet's with him post op. I'm so worried:( We're praying for you Toby.

K9soul
10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Been thinking of you and your Mommy all day today Toby. Praying for good news... I'm so very worried. :(

Equus217
10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Come on Toby....get well soon!!! Lots of thoughts and prayers are around you sweet boy!:(

pitc9
10-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I keep checking back too....:(
Oh I hope she is still at the vet with him.....

chocolatepuppy
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
No news, please be good news! Still praying for Toby.

sammy101
10-07-2004, 04:11 PM
i hope everything is ok,i hope she posts by the time i get home:( thats so sad,and it reminds me of when Sheena got so sick:(

***Thinking of you Toby,and please hold on:( ***

micki76
10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Yay! Uppiedate coming soon from Amy!

ComedyDevil
10-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I STILL HAVE MY BOY! :D :D :D

Sorry to keep you waiting so long! I've only just got back from the vets, I was there all afternoon, came home for food and went back there. My moms friend is a receptionist there so I got to stay late.

He's doing better. He's not breathing so hard, and his blood pressure has gone down, so thats good. He's still losing proteins, they still don't know what's wrong or how to stop it, but he's more stabalised, and they've taken some blood so they can do some tests tomorrow. He's on loads of painkillers, and fluids to rehydrate him. He's pretty out of it, but he was licking my hand earlier :)

The vet said some of the symptoms are similar to Parvo, although he is up to date with his shots and, as far as I know, hasn't come into contact with anything that could've caused it. :confused: He's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing better and that's the main thing. :)

Thankyou SO much to everyone who has replied and prayed for him. I can't explain how scared I was of losing him and how thankful I am to all of you for caring. PT prayers really do work! I'll update again as soon as I can. :)

manda_moo87
10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Yay! :D So glad to hear sweet Toby is doing better!

PJ's Mom
10-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I bet you'll rest easier tonight, too. Congrats on the good news. it's good to hear! :)

sammy101
10-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Yay!!:D im glad he's doing better

chrissycat21
10-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm so glad Toby is doing better! I will keep my fingers crossed for him until he is home safely!

micki76
10-07-2004, 04:36 PM
What a gigantic relief it was to hear how he's doing. I know there are still rough times ahead, so more prayers & good thoughts coming for you two! :)

aly
10-07-2004, 04:45 PM
This exact same thing happened to one of my foster puppies. She tested negative for parvo, but it seemed to be exactly like parvo. She was losing proteins too and I think her white blood cell count was almost nothing. She actually had to have a plasma transfusion. I really thought she was going to die :( She ended up staying in the emergency room for 4 days, but was able to go home after that and made a 100% recovery :)

Hopefully Toby will recover quickly and this nightmare will become a distant memory.

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Toby will stay in our thoughts and prayers 'til he's back home and in his third consecutive hour of playing tug! :)

QueenScoopalot
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
i posted this a while back...and wonder if it's possible this is what Toby has???
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59657

Glad to hear he's doing better. You may want to copy this info and see if it could be this virus which mimics parvo, and can kill in 24 hours!

dappledoxie
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm soooo sorry I haven't been on to post sooner, I am soooo relieved he's doing better, I was reading through the posts and I was getting so upset that I was going to read some bad news, I am so glad he's doing better, prayers are coming from me now too sweetie, hang on Toby, please hang on and get better!

ComedyDevil
10-07-2004, 05:03 PM
I've just seen all the prayers for Toby at http://www.petpics.net/memory/ Thank you all so much :)

{{{{hugs}}}}

shutterbug0303
10-07-2004, 05:26 PM
WAY TO GO TOBY!!!! Tears again...but this time of happiness! I am so glad to hear that he is hanging in there! We'll keep up the prayers...and Toby can keep up the great work!! Hang in there buddy, and you'll be playing with your sibs again soon! :D

><>prayers<>< {{{hugs}}}

K9soul
10-07-2004, 05:27 PM
That's wonderful news, I'm so so glad I cannot even express just how relieved I am that there is improvement. Toby will continue to be in my prayers, there won't be any letting up here until he's totally in the clear! :)

LorraineO
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
best darned news I have had allll day!!!!! WOOHOOOOO

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2004, 05:48 PM
I was thinking about Toby and you ALL day today!

SO glad he's doing better! What a relief. Still going to keep the thoughts and prayers coming!

MariaM
10-07-2004, 05:52 PM
YAY! I am SO GLAD he's feeling better! I'm so sorry for not replying to this, but I've just been out of it for the past few days. Toby, get better so you can come home soon!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
I am really glad he's doing better. I hope they can find out why he's losing the protein and make him even better. Hope he'll be home soon.

tatsxxx11
10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Thank you God, thank you:):):) I can't tell you how relieved I'm feeling right now! Hopefully we all, including brave Toby, can sleep a little better tonight! The prayers continue!!! Maybe you could mention to your vet, Aly's experience and Queenscoopalot's link. I'm sure he/she's a great vet and doing everything possible:) Tomorrow, please give Toby a gentle kiss for me. C'mon Toby Man, keep up the good fight sweetheart! All of Pet Talk is pulling for you:) Go Toby! {{{HUGS}}}

chocolatepuppy
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Toby, you keep fighting and I'll keep praying! :)

slick
10-07-2004, 06:45 PM
I just saw this now and am lighting another candle for Toby. Dear sweet puppers, come on now you've got to get better so you can go home and play tug-a-war again.

{{{HUGS}}}

delidog
10-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah Toby!!!!!!
Keep getting stronger & healthier!!!!!
we Need You On Pet Talk!!!!
You are Such a Wonderful Doggie!!!!

Hugs & Treats!!!!

Tonya
10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I am sorry that I caught this thread late. I am glad to hear that Toby is improving. Get well soon, Toby!

countrycowgirl
10-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I am so sorry that I didn't see this till now...I am SO glad to hear that Toby is doing better!!...I will be praying that he continues to do better!!...when you see him agian give him some kisses from me

Cookiebaker
10-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Continued prayers and good thoughts for Toby! So glad to hear that he's doing a bit better. :)

Logan
10-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh sweet Toby, you are such a fighter!!!! :) :) :) I am overjoyed and will go to bed tonight with hope and prayers for your continued good health. I could not be happier than I am right now to hear this news.

Best wishes for your continued recovery, sweet boy.

Logan

sabies
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Lots of good thoughts heading your way Toby. Get well soon!

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
What good news, i am so relieved. Get well wishes and prayers still coming your way Toby and Mama. I hope toby continues to improve and will be back at home with you soon Amy.

:)

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 05:02 AM
He's not doing so good again. :(

His BP is back up, although he's breathing ok. He's still dehydrated although they're pumping liquids into him. They may have to do another surgery, but can't until he's stabalised. They were going to do it today, but now with his BP back up, it looks like we're back to where we started :(

Aly & Jan - I've printed off what you wrote and given it to my vet, hopefully it'll help. Ugh ... I hate this :( I just want my Toby back :(

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2004, 05:46 AM
So sorry, will continue to pray for Toby. :(

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Oh NOOOOOO,,,,,, oh what a nightmare for you and your family,, and us too here on PT,,,,, We are a big cyber doggie family too I think and when we hear how much one of our own is fighting for life,, well,, it just brings tears to MY eyes,,,,,
Lighting another candle this morning and putting it on my windowsill for you.......

Hang on Toby!!!!

Logan
10-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Oh dear! I went to bed so happy about Toby last night, and now I read this. I hope he will perk up today. Keep us posted, and we'll keep those prayers coming for your lovely boy.

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Oh no :( . Poor sweet Toby you have to get through this your Mama loves you so much. More prayers on the way.

:(

pitc9
10-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Come on Toby!!
Everyone here is pulling for you big guy!
Get Better Soon!!!

micki76
10-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Oh, Amy. :( :( :( More prayers for sweet Toby.

ramanth
10-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Amy I'm so sorry Toby is ill again. I was so hoping when he was perking up that he'd get to go home soon.

I know how you are feeling.

Kia seizured after a PH6 injection and I had to watch her deteroriate at the vet hospital. She looked so tired and in pain. She had a blood transfusion and lots of fluids and meds, and slowly she recovered.

I wish only the best for you and Toby. *HUGS*

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 08:33 AM
He's having surgery in 1 hour. :(

Why does it feel like we're up against a brick wall? Every time I think he's getting better he just gets worse. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/junoandtwister/banghead.gif

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 08:34 AM
what exactly are they doing in the surgery? ho was he doing hun????
/how are YOU??

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 08:42 AM
He was doing better, that's the thing. And then his BP shot up again and we're back to square one http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/junoandtwister/banghead.gif :(

They're going to remove the infected part of his intestine, then keep him on fluids and pain meds. He may need a blood transfusion. They can't do anything else, he just has to fight off the infection. But the way it's looking at the moment, he may not even wake up from the anasthetic. :( :( :(

I miss my dog :(

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh sweety :( , sending lots of {{Hugs}} and prayers across the miles. Come on Toby you can get through this.

:( *Tears*

Holly's mom
10-08-2004, 09:08 AM
:( Oh, I was hoping to hear better news this morning. Sending lots of prayers and well wishes for Toby's recovery.

slick
10-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Oh no, I was hoping for some more good news. More prayers coming out for Toby. This must be so frustrating and stressful for you. {{HUGS}}

dukedogsmom
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
I hope he can fight off the infection successfully. I know how heartbreaking it must be. We'll keep praying for him. Maybe removing the infected intestine will help. Please Toby, get well!

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm going to the vets now. I'll update when I get back, but I don't know when that'll be. Gosh, I hope he makes it :(

Thanks for all the replies and prayers.

cloverfdx
10-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Goodluck. Prayers still coming your way. {{Hugs}}

pitc9
10-08-2004, 09:52 AM
COME ON TOBY.... you can do it boy!!

Fight it off!! Do it for your mom!!

Prayers and good thoughts for Amy and Toby!!!

Rachel
10-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Prayers are going up for God to watch over Toby and the doctor taking care of him.

lovemyshiba
10-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Continuing my prayers for sweet Toby.......
:(

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Prayers coming for you and Toby. What a stressful time for you. :(

trayi52
10-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Prayers, good thoughts and lots of hugz for you and Toby.

So sorry, I just seen this thread. Hope and pray everything goes well for Toby.

Willie

robinh
10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
More prayers for Toby and for the doctor taking care of him.

Jadapit
10-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm so sorry that Toby is sick!!:( You and Toby are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 02:19 PM
He made it through surgery :)

They've removed part of his intestine, apparently it was very swollen and infected. He may still need a blood transfusion, but at the moment he's stable, so that's good! All they can do now is wait and see if he improves ...

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers :)

LorraineO
10-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Lorraine, Lucybelle and Merlin doing the happy dance of joy joy!!!!!!!!!!!!

micki76
10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Hopefully removing the infected intestine will make him feel better. I can imagine how that could make him so sick. Was there a blockage or anything that caused the infection, Amy? I'm always worried about blockages with Chester, since he's such an aggressive chewer.

Continued prayers & thoughts for the Tob-meister!

How's his BP?

Oh and Toby, I've had part of my intestine removed, too. No biggie!

ComedyDevil
10-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Nope, they didn't find a blockage, but it was really raw and infected, so I imagine something could have been stuck there at some point. BP is still slightly up but he's stable so he's doing a LOT better than yesterday. :)

micki76
10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
YAY!!!!!

pitc9
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Yippee!!!!

Sierra, Buddy and I will be doing a "Keep on Gettin' Better" dance tonight!!

Sending more thought and prayers your way!!!

Jods
10-08-2004, 03:10 PM
More prayers from my gang are on the way!
Glad to hear he's stabalizing a bit... COMON TOBY!!! Fight boy!! Ur doin' a good job, keep it up

tatsxxx11
10-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm so, so happy to hear the great news:D:D:D And so relieved the vet was able to find the cause of his problem and treat it. Sorry you had to have sirjury, sweet boy. But you're a trooper and I know you'll come through with flying colors! Lots of love and positive thoughts coming to you Toby:) And I'll be praying for a swift and complete recovery!:) Keep up the good fight, brave Toby Man:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

slick
10-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh God, I just got back from lunch and had to log on to see if there was any news. I'm so glad that Toby is doing better. Still more prayers on the way.

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Please Toby keep on fighting, hang in there Amy! Will keep you both in my prayers. :)

dappledoxie
10-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Yay I am so glad!!!

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm so happy he made it through surgery! Hang on Toby!! :) Please get better!!

KYS
10-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Glad the surgery went well and will be sending
many more good thoughts that he will get well
with no more problems.

karen

cloverfdx
10-09-2004, 02:13 AM
What great news :D. Keep on getting better Toby man.

Jamieejo85
10-09-2004, 02:33 AM
I am very glad to hear that he is improving. Prayers coming your way Toby until you are home in your mommy's arms again!

DogLover9501
10-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Yay!!

Glad to hear that Toby is doing better!!

tatsxxx11
10-09-2004, 10:59 AM
How ya doing today, Toby??? Hoping for an encouraging update:) Paws crossed...

K9soul
10-09-2004, 01:28 PM
So very relieved to see things taking a turn for the better. We'll keep Toby in our prayers here as he continues to recover. God bless, sweet Toby.

ChrisH
10-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I am sorry to read that Toby is so ill, but glad to hear he came through the op ok and was doing better. How is he doing today?

He and you are in my prayers.

Hugs
Chris

ComedyDevil
10-09-2004, 04:15 PM
He's doing good. :D

His BP is almost back to normal and he's breathing ok. He won't need a blood transfusion, which is the best news I've heard all week! He's not trying to throw up any more, and they're going to give him a small amount of food tomorrow (chicken and rice) and see how he copes with it.

I've been with him nearly all day :) He's still really weak - he got super excited when he saw me, tried to stand up and tired himself out straight away :rolleyes: I can hear him breathing (he's not breathing heavily any more but where his throat's sore from being sick so much it makes his breathing really noisy) which is kinda creepy but he seems relaxed so that's good :)

He's still on pain meds and meds to fight the infection - it seems to be working, so hopefully he'll continue to get better and I'll have my boy back home! :D :D :D

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. I'll keep you updated :)

Holly's mom
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm so relieved to hear that Toby is doing better. I hope he continues to keep on the road to recovery.

chocolatepuppy
10-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Great news! Hang in there Toby! :)

ChrisH
10-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Brilliant news! :D :D

Kater
10-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Toby has pulled through this! :D What a very scary time this must have been for you. :( I will pray for his continued recovery!
{{{HUGS}}}

RobiLee
10-09-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm so sorry I'm just now reading all of this. I'm glad to hear that Toby is doing a bit better and that surgery went well.

Toby is in my thoughts and prayers.

Robin :)

slick
10-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Oh Amy, I'm crying with happiness to hear about Toby. Yet another miracle happening right before our eyes, thanks to all the Pet Talk prayers. Please give Toby some slurpy kisses from me and tell him to hang in there, that it won't be long before he's back home where he belongs. :)

micki76
10-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Haven't been on PT all day, and have been wondering about Toby. It sure is good to get on here and see that he's improving so much! :D

SUCH happy news!!!!! :D

QueenScoopalot
10-09-2004, 08:30 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D GO TOBY :D :D :D :D :D

Sevens
10-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry I missed this, I just had a change in my job situation and have been off the board for the past week or so.

I am so glad that Toby made it through surgery. I will pray for his continued recovery and that he will be home with you very soon.

Hugs,
Stephanie

PJ's Mom
10-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Woo hoo!! What a strong boy you have there! Congrats, Toby! (and Amy, too) :D

ComedyDevil
10-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Well, they fed him this morning, and so far he hasn't been sick. If he keeps his food down and his BP stays normal he could be home in a few days! :D :D :D Yay!

delidog
10-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Woo Hoo!!!!
Get Strong Toby!!!

trayi52
10-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Amy, thats what I love hearing is good news. Thats the best medicine I can get! I'll keep those prayers coming for Toby, that he gets to come home to you really soon! Thanks for the update, it made my day!

Willie:)

LorraineO
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
thats wonderful news...

ComedyDevil
10-10-2004, 04:07 PM
YAY :D :D :D

They fed him a small amount this morning, and he's kept it down all day (I rang just before closing time). His breathing is fine (if a little noisy) and his BP is basically back to normal. So, as long as nothing goes wrong *touch wood* I should have my boy back in 2-3 days! :D :p :D I can't wait til he comes home!

Kfamr
10-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey Amy, I PM'ed you this... but I want to let you know here that we've been thinking of you and Toby. so glad to see he's getting better. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Great news Amy! I'm so pleased to hear it. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Toby. :D

Rachel
10-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Soon this whole episode will soon be in the past and Toby will be his old self once again. What a relief that will be for you and him both (a big understatement, right?). A crisis like this is something that makes the bond between the two of you so close that it is beyond comprehension.

Needless to say, I am elated that Toby is on the way to his recovery. Give those White Coats a big high five from all of us. *YES*

LorraineO
10-11-2004, 06:37 AM
I think I would be kissing my vet all day if they would let me right now if I were you!! :D Fantastic news for us up here in Canada.. its Thanksgiving today....

dukedogsmom
10-11-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm so glad he's doing better. Keep us updated still.

captain
10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
I am so glad to read this .............

Hope Toby is home soon .............. give him kisses from me ..... :D

ComedyDevil
10-11-2004, 07:45 PM

Update is HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60976) He's coming home Wednesday :D :D :D