PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, what is wrong with people??

lovemyshiba
10-06-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/06/dog.attack.ap/index.html

:( :( :( :( :(

The parents are only 19, and left the dog with the grandmother, who in turn, left the baby alone???!!!:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Logan
10-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I heard this on the radio, earlier, but had not seen the article. :( :( :( How terribly sad.

BCBlondie
10-06-2004, 03:12 PM
:(

caseysmom
10-06-2004, 03:16 PM
That is awful...my experience with a 5 week old is that is could have been non stop crying...the dog may not have known what the heck that small thing was making all that noise ...how sad...thank god it wasn't a pitbull.

They say they aren't sure what to do with the dog...what are they going to do with grandam?

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Isnt leaving a child that small alone concidered child abuse? I wouldn't totally blame the dog, thats for sure :( How terrible for everyone though.

Glacier
10-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Isnt leaving a child that small alone concidered child abuse? I wouldn't totally blame the dog, thats for sure :( How terrible for everyone though.

yes it is. I was a front line child protection worker for over 7 years. Leaving a child that young unattended is grounds to remove the child from the home, which doesn't do diddly in this case. Poor little one!

K9soul
10-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
thank god it wasn't a pitbull.

Yeah I'm sure if it had been a pit pull, rottie or doberman, it would have pointed out the dog's breed in the headline.

Very sad... who knows what really went on, it seems like they really couldn't figure out what happened.

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
I have to echo caseysmom's sentiment--instead of doing something "with the dog", I hope they hold the grandmother responsible for not supervising the baby.

puppyluvs
10-06-2004, 09:31 PM
How Crazy is this !!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tina
10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
That is so awful!:( :( :(

catfancier
10-09-2004, 10:40 PM
I can't believe there is another story about this kind of incident out there - my partner works at an ISP and he comes home every day telling me about how stupid people are, not only does it apply for his work environment but also life in general. People just don't have any common sense!
*Big let-off of steam*

THINK, PEOPLE, THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*finished now*

I have heard a story of a cat who was cold one day, got into the babies room, jumped into the cot, curled up and fell asleep on the babies face and killed it. Don't know what happened to the cat, and the whole situation was tragic, but people just need to be absolutely vigilant when it comes to things like this!

God knows I wouldn't leave my cats unsupervised in the birds room for any length of time - it's not the same as a human child, but they're still my children nonetheless.

Miranda_Rae
10-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Thats awful! :( I can't believe people would just leave their babies alone, let alone with a dog! :mad: I wouldn't trust my dog with a baby alone, not any dog. Not because she is mean, but because you just don't! Its common sense. No matter how kind, sweet, loving, patient, etc your dog is, you just DON'T leave it a lone with a baby. :(

kingrattus
10-11-2004, 12:57 AM
The article sad there were more then 1 dog in the house & they wern't sure what to do with the dogsssss... Depending on how badly the dog mauld the child, I think he should just be rehomed. If the dog just picked uo the baby & bit it a few times then there is still hope for the dog, but if it tore the child to bits, then it should be destroyed. & the grandmother should have had the babies door closed away from the dogs. Dogs who r not use to babies cannot be trusted right away & no child should ever be alone with a dog anyways.