PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange

micki76
10-06-2004, 09:47 AM
*Cross posting*

I know we haven’t had Halloween yet, but we’re going to go ahead and get a start on the 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange. :)

For those of you not familiar with the card exchange and how it works:

Everyone who wants to participate will email his or her mailing address to [email protected]. Aly and I will then compile a master list that has everyone’s address on it and email that list to everyone who signed up. Then you just send a card to everyone on the list! :D It’s incredibly fun sending and receiving cards. I got at least one card a day last year, usually 3 or 4. Some people make their cards, some buy them, and some are bought, but have special touches like a picture added.

Now for the rules:

Last year we had 60+ participants, so really think about the responsibility required before you sign up. It’s a big commitment and it’s not fair if you’re not going to send to EVERYONE. If you don’t know or don’t like someone on the list, you should still send a card to him or her. It’s only fair.

If you don’t want to send to EVERYONE on the list, but only certain people, please don’t sign up. Simply exchange addresses with those people yourself via PM or email, please.

Also, this list is going to be Snail Mail only, but if anyone wants to organize an email list, feel free. :)

We had a few young members last year that participated and they are welcome to participate this year. They’ve been doing so for several years and have shown the level of responsibility required, as well as parental consent. This is a large financial responsibility, as well as being a safety issue that many parents wouldn’t be comfortable with. Please do not sign up if you aren’t positive that you can follow through.

We’re going to borrow what Karen said last year and ask that if you are underage - for legal purposes, that's under 13, but let's make it 15 and under. No addresses will be posted publicly, but "children" especially should always be cautious about giving out their personal information online.

If you’re 15 or under please have a parent email permission to Karen at [email protected].

We’re going to try to get the list completed and sent by November 5th, so we’d like to have all addresses by November 1st. This early deadline will make it easier on those who make their own cards, and the overseas members.

If you’re interested in participating, email the following information to [email protected]:
Pet Talk ID
Your pets names
Your name (& significant other if you'd like them to be included)
Mailing Address
Email Address (for the master list distribution)

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 11:11 AM
*Bump*

catmandu
10-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Could you please PM,me as,on the Library computer,I cannot email you,directly!

jazzcat
10-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Giving this another BUMP. Not too many from the cat side are signing up.