PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Litter Box?

Doggirl
10-06-2004, 09:34 AM
First of all, I am very happy to anouce that Mom is seriously considering adopting a cat. But she wants to know if those Automatic Litter box things work. So I ask you, do they work? Please tell, it would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
Doggirl.

catmandu
10-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I have thought about one,I would like,to know too,as there are a lot,of money! I know,that the sifting ones,really dont work,all that well!

christa
10-06-2004, 09:56 AM
I HAVE ONE!!!

My parents bought me & my hubby one for our anniversary. (so sentimental) They work GREAT! We just have one cat and it's perfect for her. If you were going to have more than one cat, I would suggest getting the Deluxe size (there are two sizes) or two small ones. It really cuts down on scooping time and the difference smell wise is worth it all!

When we first got it, we set it up beside of her regular litter box. She automatically began using it on her own, didn't go near the regular litter box. They're so clean, and cats prefer to do their business in clean litter.

Good luck . . . hope your mom finds the PURRFECT kitty!!!

CatCaper
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
We too had one of these and I seriously recommend that if you have more than one cat, stay away from these because they're just not powerful enough to keep up with more than one cat.

We have three cats and even with the finest (smallest grains) clumping litter it still wasn't strong enough to keep up with the loads of three cats. What's worse is that it works on a sensor so when a cat leaves the litter the littler sweep engages. The problem with this is that if one cat decides to enter the litter box after another leaves, the sensor gets confused and doesn't know what to do. It will, at times, engage while a cat is in the litter because cats tend to be pretty still while "going"

Hope this helps.

chrangharris
10-06-2004, 10:37 AM
We have the deluxe one for our three cats. We absolutely love it. We still need to go do some work about every other day or so but it is less work then with a normal cat box. It also smells a lot less! It was some of the best money we have spent! Just make sure you don't fill it to full- there is a line marked on it!

Doggirl
10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info everybody, I've been looking online and could only find This (http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444180 7324&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033737&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1097090687966) is it the only one, or am I just not looking in the right places?

Thanks again,
Doggirl

sirrahbed
10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
eBay has a model LM600 for $39.99. It is item #4324102498 and "buy it now" (not an auction) and there are two left as of 3:30pm est. The shipping is $21.95 but that is still much cheaper than PetsMart. eBay also has a new "Mega" model LM900 for $119. I buy often from eBay and have never had a bad experience. Hope you find what you are looking for! My son and DIL love their Littermaid (chrangharris):D

K & L
10-07-2004, 08:44 AM
We have one and love it. We have only one cat that will not go near it. I recommend one!