PDA

View Full Version : Had a visitor at work today...

Cookiebaker
10-05-2004, 08:45 PM
I had a customer come in with her dog today, a doberman. Normally, I would have loved this, but today I was a little wigged out. First the lady, just let go of the leash and let the dog wander everywhere. Second, the dog cringed, growled and barked at my co-worker, nor was she friendly with me at all.

I love dogs (you know me), and I love when they come to visit. But I have to admit, that I was a bit tense/scared because I didn't really trust this dog.

I would have felt better if the lady seemed to be in control of her dog, but she wasn't. She was not concerned that the dog had growled at all. She just said in a sing-songy voice "oh you silly Maya, why are you making such noises?" :rolleyes:

I just can't help but wonder how I could have better handled the situation. Any suggestions?

Aspen and Misty
10-05-2004, 08:49 PM
What I would have said in a nice, respectful tone...

Ma'm
Some people are afried of dog's, and while I'm sure your sweet darling Maya wouldn't hurt anyone, I know it might scare some people to have a dog running loose, it is also company policy that all dog's are under compltle controlle (if it is company policy). I know your baby is probly a sweet heart, but could you please re-gain controlle of her?

She, most likly, will say "Sure"

and then I would say

"Thank you, she really is a wonderful dog!"

And walk away.

Ash

pitc9
10-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Yes, I would have asked her to please hold on to her dog.
Some people just don't realize how other's see their dog(s).