PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the good news first, or the bad news?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Good news:

Our band was invited to play for the President when he comes to Wausau, Wisconsin.

Bad news?:

We DECLINED the invitation.

Why?? Because our teacher is more concerned with "students not having a ride home" and "democratic teachers not appreciating us leaving class to go to a Republican convention".

I am beyond PISSED OFF. :mad: Even if you don't like Bush, it's still a fricken HONOR to play for the President.

I am so mad. Many students have come to talk to him... who knows, maybe he changed his mind.

:mad:

RICHARD
10-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

I am beyond PISSED OFF. :mad: Even if you don't like Bush, it's still a fricken HONOR to play for the President.

You have every right to be ticked off.......What a story/event to be a part of.

It's too bad that people have to invent a reason to put politics ahead of an experience for the kids...

LOLOLOLOL,

But they will bus the football team to beat the crap outta the across-town arch rivals...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Argh.... afie/sviehg/wk!

I know... I really hope he changed his mind. It's not every day you get to play for the PRESIDENT! How many people have actually seen him in person?? ARGHHH!!

christa
10-05-2004, 06:37 PM
OMG, I would be so upset over this! I hate politics sometimes! And that's really sending out a great message to the students . . . and like you all posted before, I'm SURE that away football games have caused students to get home late plenty of times! Geez, this is making me mad and I'm nowhere near Wausau!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good luck trying to convince them to change their minds!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-05-2004, 06:45 PM
The thing is, its on this Thursday. Today is Tuesday, and we don't have school tomorrow! So it would be a last minute decision, so we probably won't, because we won't have time to send out permission slips. I'm so upset. :(

puppyluvs
10-05-2004, 06:53 PM
YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

PRINT THIS OFF AND LET THEM KNOW THAT MECHELE IN VA

IS ANGRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCH AN HONOR GOING TO WASTE...... TEACHERS SOMETIMES REALLY THINK WITH THEIR #&#^! :mad: :mad:

pitc9
10-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Wow!!
That sucks!!
It's not like everyone in the world gets to do that!!!

My highschool marching band played for Clinton once when he came to Cleveland. I danced for him too!!
(hee hee)
I was on the dance line for the marching band!!
(made ya think there for a second huh!!! :p )

Samantha Puppy
10-06-2004, 09:11 AM
You can bet your @$$ that if Clinton was still in office, your band would be playing.

This is ridiculous. Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter. It's the PRESIDENT. Jeez, what is wrong with people? A teacher in NJ got FIRED for putting a picture of the President up on a bulletin board. Parents came in for a "meet the teacher" type night and told her to put a picture of Kerry up or they'd take it to the principal. She refused and was fired. I would've done the same thing. Bush IS the President. If Kerry won the election and I hadn't changed the bulletin board by then, HIS picture would've gone up. I freakin' hate people sometimes!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 09:30 AM
That stinks. Schools shoud be teachiing that you respect the office of the President even if you don't like the man. GRRR!!!!

I'm a republican but I was absolutley thrilled to take Al Gore on a tour of our Children's Hospital when I worked there in public relations. He came to tape a commercial for the telethon back in 1990 when he was still our state senator with presidental ambitions. Personally I think he's a big doof now but I was honored to meet him, my senator.

CountryWolf07
10-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Ugh.

Politics Smolistics.. Blah.

It's way too much drama if you get politics involved!

Logan
10-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh, Ash, what a terrific opportunity. I am so sorry it didn't work out (or hasn't worked out yet). I think that would be great, regardless of who the President is!!!