PDA

View Full Version : Ummm is this for real?

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Gosh the news is making me go :rolleyes: a lot today. I just found this, who comes up with this tripe? Gahhh its a friggen MOVIE! Who cares?
------------------------
February 01, 2004

More Rings Racism

A writer tracked down by the Montgomery, Ala.-based Southern Poverty Law Center says the Lord of the Rings trilogy is like promotional ad for those “tired old race and gender paradigms that were all the rage back in author J.R.R. Tolkien's day.”

Andrea Lewis, described as a San Francisco-based writer and co-host of the Morning Show on KPFA-FM 94.1 in Berkeley, Calif, says on the SPLC’s tolerance.org website that the Rings movie should instead have been called "The Return of the Patriarchy."

That almost all the heroes of the series are "manly men who are whiter than white" and “frequently framed in halos of blinding bright light and exude a heavenly aura of all that is Eurocentric and good” is proof for her of the films' racist leanings.

Lewis much prefers the Matrix movies, she says, because they give “women and people of color some characters they can relate to.” All the better, she says, most of the bad guys in the Matrix movies are really “Euro.”

“It's the patriarchy of the past versus the Rainbow Coalition of the future,” she says.

--------------------
And for something equally as stupid-sounding
----------------
Nice

A GOP Senate candidate in South Carolina is being taken to task for referring to his female opponent as "a nice lady," reports The State in Columbia.

Activists from both political parties say the language used by nominee Jim DeMint when referring to his Democratic opponent Inez Tenenbaum is sexist, demeaning and constitutes sexual harassment.

DeMint says he may have been wrong to call Tenenbaum what he did.

"I really thought she was a nice lady," the Greenville congressman said. "But based on the nasty campaign she’s running, I may have been wrong."

RICHARD
10-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Gosh the news is making me go :rolleyes: a lot today. I just found this, who comes up with this tripe? Gahhh its a friggen MOVIE! Who cares?
------------------------

That almost all the heroes of the series are "manly men who are whiter than white" and “frequently framed in halos of blinding bright light and exude a heavenly aura of all that is Eurocentric and good” is proof for her of the films' racist leanings.

Lewis much prefers the Matrix movies, she says, because they give “women and people of color some characters they can relate to.” All the better, she says, most of the bad guys in the Matrix movies are really “Euro.”

Just after the Ringwraiths pull a "ride by" in the forest.

Yo, Frodo, How you be?

What was that?

Looked like some punks from another 'hood.

Weez got to jam outta here!

For schnizzle!

Man, they gonna punk us for the bling bling, man.

For schnizzle...

Let's jet!

AIGHT!

animal_rescue
10-05-2004, 06:24 PM
LMAO RICHARD!:D

or it could be more like...

Sup Homie?

How you Doin?

Nutin, just chillin like a villan!

Tight,Tight!

How's the bling bling?

It's flashin!

Aight,Aight....

Mann we gots to get some heat before the ******* gets
our shiznitz!

Aight, lets go!

I swear to you that's like how everyone(mainly guys!) talks in my school! I don't have a clue to what half of them are saying!

RICHARD
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by animal_rescue

I swear to you that's like how everyone(mainly guys!) talks in my school! I don't have a clue to what half of them are saying!

That was pretty good, It's "west coast" out here, so the are some differences!!

Aight???
;)

mugsy
10-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Well Richard, you know we Hoosiers are a little behind the times!! I hear that talk ALL THE TIME in the hall at school and I harass them unbelievably and they all laugh at me and say....Ahhh c'mon Mrs Kendall....give us a break!! lol I of course come back with..."why should I?" hehehe I AM evil.

As far as that crap about LOTRs....Let's see.....it's FANTASY! The books were also written many years ago. Must we water down EVERYTHING to make it PC enough?? ACK!! My response to that reporter....."Deal with it!" Ok, I'll sit back and wait for the attack!! ;) :D :D

BCBlondie
10-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Andrea Lewis, described as a San Francisco-based writer and co-host of the Morning Show on KPFA-FM 94.1 in Berkeley, Calif, says on the SPLC’s tolerance.org website that the Rings movie should instead have been called "The Return of the Patriarchy."
LOL!!! That's Berkeley for ya! :D :p
Gotta love my 'Bezerkly' city. haha :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2004, 10:31 AM
You know, I want a job where I can get paid to whine about things not being PC all day....

Seems like a fun occupation!