PDA

View Full Version : Uhh! Please help me choose a topic!

swimma253
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Ok... I have to do a paper on a thesis statement... and a thesis is a statement that you have to prove. Example: People who walk their dogs, are more physically fit than people who dont.

But that is not what Im going to do... and I dont know exactly what I want to do! Which is why I need you guy's hhelp! :D

Ok... my two choices are:

1. Husky/(certain breed of dog)'s are the easiest and smartest dogs to train.

Or:

2. Pitbulls are not bad dogs, it just depends on their training.(I wouldnt word it like that... just to give you a general idea tho.)

Ok...thats All I can think of! :confused: Can anyone think of anything else I could do? If not please vote number 1 or two, or other... and please tell me what you chose! Thank you so much!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-05-2004, 04:59 PM
I would do #2 I think, I did a project thing like that last year about Rottweilers and it went over very well.

swimma253
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
ok thank you... but do you think there will be enough research to fill up 3 pages? That is the requirement by my teacher...

I was thiinking if I did that... that maybe I could study training methods(obviously) brain setup (dont know where Id find any info on that tho) and.. dog breeds.

swimma253
10-05-2004, 05:02 PM
btw- if you choose other, it does not have to be pet related.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-05-2004, 05:03 PM
I made mine 3 pages too so it is possible:) Good luck.

dukedogsmom
10-05-2004, 05:04 PM
What about the pure bred vs shelter dog debate? Health of shelter/mixed dogs is sometimes a lot better because of no inbreeding. Look at all the lives saved for taking a shelter dog.

swimma253
10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
oohh!!! GREAT Idea Dukedogsmom!!! I didnt even think of that! That is an awesome idea! :D Do you think there would be alot of info on that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks orangutango!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
What about the pure bred vs shelter dog debate? Health of shelter/mixed dogs is sometimes a lot better because of no inbreeding. Look at all the lives saved for taking a shelter dog.

That's a GREAT Idea Val!

swimma253
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Val- I just found this awesome site with tons of info on that topic!

I think that is what Im going to do! Thank you so much! :D

Heres the link to the site... http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/tutorial1.html

Kfamr
10-05-2004, 05:25 PM
I would go with #2.

From people I know whom have Huskies, i've heard many times that they certainly aren't the EASIEST dog to train.

Val's idea is very good as well -- You could go over the many dogs whom die a day in shelters because there isn't room for them and all of the irresponsible breeders there are who create this problem. Then possibly go over what a responsible breeder is.

Amber
10-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Those are good ideas. I did a report on Puppy Mills, I got a really good grade on it too.

puppyluvs
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
I chose # 2 for you

Because I own a Husky and they are no where near easy to train

:D

puppyluvs
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Those are good ideas. I did a report on Puppy Mills, I got a really good grade on it too.

Amber I would just love to sit down and read this ;)

swimma253
10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
thanks for all the replies everyone!

I think Im going to go with Vals idea! :D

Corinna
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I think a paper on how inportant a good dog neighbor is. You could explain how plesant having a obediand dog can be for you (the owner) ,and neighbors. Stress the importance of care of the dog spaying and nutering.