PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange

Pages : [1] 2

micki76
10-05-2004, 04:54 PM
I know we haven’t had Halloween yet, but we’re going to go ahead and get a start on the 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange. :)

For those of you not familiar with the card exchange and how it works:

Everyone who wants to participate will email his or her mailing address to [email protected]. Aly and I will then compile a master list that has everyone’s address on it and email that list to everyone who signed up. Then you just send a card to everyone on the list! :D It’s incredibly fun sending and receiving cards. I got at least one card a day last year, usually 3 or 4. Some people make their cards, some buy them, and some are bought, but have special touches like a picture added.

Now for the rules:

Last year we had 60+ participants, so really think about the responsibility required before you sign up. It’s a big commitment and it’s not fair if you’re not going to send to EVERYONE. If you don’t know or don’t like someone on the list, you should still send a card to him or her. It’s only fair.

If you don’t want to send to EVERYONE on the list, but only certain people, please don’t sign up. Simply exchange addresses with those people yourself via PM or email, please.

Also, this list is going to be Snail Mail only, but if anyone wants to organize an email list, feel free. :)

We had a few young members last year that participated and they are welcome to participate this year. They’ve been doing so for several years and have shown the level of responsibility required, as well as parental consent. This is a large financial responsibility, as well as being a safety issue that many parents wouldn’t be comfortable with. Please do not sign up if you aren’t positive that you can follow through.

We’re going to borrow what Karen said last year and ask that if you are underage - for legal purposes, that's under 13, but let's make it 15 and under. No addresses will be posted publicly, but "children" especially should always be cautious about giving out their personal information online.

If you’re 15 or under please have a parent email permission to Karen at [email protected].

We’re going to try to get the list completed and sent by November 5th, so we’d like to have all addresses by November 1st. This early deadline will make it easier on those who make their own cards, and the overseas members.

If you’re interested in participating, email the following information to [email protected]:
Pet Talk ID
Your pets names
Your name (& significant other if you'd like them to be included)
Mailing Address
Email Address (for the master list distribution)

aly
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
So excited :D

slick
10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Last year it was sooo much fun. Everyday I would speed home from work to see what little treasures lie within my mailbox. :)

:( Due to financial reasons I will NOT be participating this year. Maybe next year.

wolf_Q
10-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Sending an email right now. :)

The_Duck
10-05-2004, 07:55 PM
I'd love too, but I'm going to have to get my moms permission and also theres a little glitch for me... we're moving, but I'm not sure when. The house here has to sell first so I'm not possitive where I'll be living when card time rolls around :( :confused:

Jods
10-05-2004, 10:17 PM
YAY!!! sent mine!:D :) :D

kingrattus
10-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I'll know by the 16th at the latest. It all depends if Rob keeps his job or not.

I really hope I can do it this year, the last couple of years looked fun, but couldn't afford it, so here good luck that Rob keeps his job & I can join :)

teenster3
10-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh good, glad you got my info.!:)

teenster3
10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Ok...
I know about sending to everyone but how exactly does this work? Do you hand-make the cards or buy store bought? Do you write messages inside to everybody or send pictures? Etc.
Tina:)

wolf_Q
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by teenster3
Ok...
I know about sending to everyone but how exactly does this work? Do you hand-make the cards or buy store bought? Do you write messages inside to everybody or send pictures? Etc.
Tina:)

You can do either, I usually make mine but lots of people buy them. Most people write a note inside the card, many also include photos. It's all up to you! :)

Karen
10-05-2004, 10:46 PM
The variety of what people do is just part of the fun! How you decide to participate is entirely up to you!

I'll be sending my info tonight.

The_Duck - if you want to participate, and you parents are okay with it, sign up with your current address - if it changes by the time people are mailing cards, you can send an email to people with the correction!

Ooooh, goody good fun fun!

Rottieluver45
10-05-2004, 11:20 PM
I wanna sign up!!! :) I probably will :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm going to sign up again this year. This will be my third year and it's so much fun.:D

pitc9
10-06-2004, 07:44 AM
I just e-mailed my info!!!

Woopieee!!!:D

BitsyNaceyDog
10-06-2004, 08:10 AM
I sent my info.
I am so excited!!!
Thank you, Micki and Ali

dukedogsmom
10-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Ok. Just sent my email :D

Barbara
10-06-2004, 08:50 AM
I am at Frankfurt Bookfair right now and acting on a stand computer. I'll write the mail first thing Sunday when I come home :)

ramanth
10-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Info sent! :D

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I just sent mine, yay!!

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Micki - are you going to cross post this in the Cat, Dog and Pet generals for those who don't visit General?

micki76
10-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Micki - are you going to cross post this in the Cat, Dog and Pet generals for those who don't visit General?

:o Thanks for reminding me, Lori. I meant to do that yesterday, but I was trying to get it posted before I left work, so I was in a hurry. I'll go do that now. :)

Cincy'sMom
10-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't know that it matters, but if you want to list Ralph and I like Karen and Paul are, it may not make the list look as long, sinceonly one card is needed :)

lynnestankard
10-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh so excited - just sent my email off - better go and get a cup of tea and calm down!!! :D :D :D

Lynne

Desert Arabian
10-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Count me in! I missed last years exchange! I sent my e-mail! YAY- so excited! :D

lovemyshiba
10-06-2004, 11:10 PM
sent

micki76
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Update: we have received from:

Richard
robinh
wolf_Q
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Cincy'sMom & SadiesDad
teenster3
anna_66
Jods
Captain
Karen & Paul
Rottieluver45
krazyaboutkatz
pitc9
kblaix
Dukedogsmom
ramanth
jazzcat
Joannie
Edwina’s Secretary
mina’smomma
Felicia’s Mom
lynnestankard
YellowLabLover
lovemysiba
Killearn Kitties
sasvermont
snappy

snappy
10-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I just sent mine in! I am looking forward to my first Christmas with all of you!!:D

Karen
10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Pssst - as she posted, Cincy's Mom and Sadie's Dad should be on one line, as they are married to each other, just like Paul and I are! ;)

Made this sticky!

micki76
10-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Pssst - as she posted, Cincy's Mom and Sadie's Dad should be on one line, as they are married to each other, just like Paul and I are! ;)

Made this sticky!

Done!

Thanks for the sticky, Karen! :D

Felicia's Mom
10-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for doing this again. It will be my third year, and I really enjoy it.:)

slleipnir
10-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Sounds like fun, I would sign up but I'm not really a card person lol

jazzzytina
10-10-2004, 08:17 AM
For those who have indicated they can't afford it this year (and the economy has really hurt a lot of folks), couldn't they participate and send an E-card? That would be a nice way to include everyone regardless of financial circumstances.

Cataholic
10-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Good Gosh...while this will be next to impossible for me to do with Jonah in the house...I am going to say YES! It is SO much fun, and, it will be my 3rd year!

micki76
10-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Update: we have received from:

Richard
robinh
wolf_Q
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Cincy'sMom & SadiesDad
teenster3
anna_66
Jods
Captain
Karen & Paul
Rottieluver45
krazyaboutkatz
pitc9
kblaix
Dukedogsmom
ramanth
jazzcat
Joannie
Edwina’s Secretary
mina’smomma
Felicia’s Mom
lynnestankard
YellowLabLover
lovemysiba
Killearn Kitties
sasvermont
snappy
RobiLee
clara4457
Barbara
Cataholic

Mkitty
10-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I would love to do this with my parents permission! I'm not usually allowed to give my adress out! I think my parents will make an exception for this! my mom knows how nice you guys are, and she might be joining! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-13-2004, 09:49 AM
I got my cards last night! I ordered them from the National Wildlife Federation - and no, they weren't that expensive. They're beautiful cards and are animal related at least, and the profits go to a good cause. Not that I want everybody to have the same cards as me, but you can see them here (http://store.yahoo.com/nationalwildlife/13724.html). If you want to see other cards they have (which are more expensive) or other items they have (I think they have really nice stuff) go here (http://shop.nwf.org).

Now all I have to do is get a different Christmasy pic of T & P and start putting this all together! :D

lizzielou742
10-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Sent! ;)

Lillycat
10-13-2004, 06:45 PM
me too!

lovemyshiba
10-14-2004, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to see if I get any cat hair this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-15-2004, 01:50 PM
:( This really breaks my heart, but for financial reasons I will not be able to participate this year :(

Mkitty
10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
My mom will let me right to people, but I can't give my dress out.:( :( My mom believes in alot of safety measures, I don't think I can blame her, but I'm not saying that you guys aen't good! You guys are GREAT! My mom might let me give our email adress out though! Lets hope she lets me!:D

kingrattus
10-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Mkitty
Why don't u ask if u can give out ur moms/dads/family member work address??

No one will know where u live & u can still get cards.

QueenChyna
10-16-2004, 12:39 AM
I still don't know if we can e-mail them if we want?!?!?!or do you just have to send them through mail!?!?!? If this was already answered, I must have missed it. It would help to know.
thanx.

Mkitty
10-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks kingrattus I'll ask! I think my parents would be alright with that, especially my mom! My dad is a little more easy going.
And I wish I knew an answer, QueenChyna! Why not private message Karen?

petslover
10-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah Kitty, Thats what I did. I gave out one of my friend's work address. My dad likes it like that. No offense to all. I am already planning this out to what I'm going to do. I'm excited. :)

Mkitty
10-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Wow, this is great! I think I'll ask my mom right now! Thanks kingrattus and petslover!:D I like giving cards and receiving!

Mkitty
10-16-2004, 01:29 PM
:(:( :( :( I just asked my mom and she said NO! I can't believe this!:mad: I guess I'll only be sending cards to peple, but I still like doing that and it's the spirit of Christmas. My mom is still thinking about email, but knowing my mom, she'll say know.:(

lynnestankard
10-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Mkitty - I really now where you Mum's coming from - if either of my (now very grown-up daughters) had wanted to give their home address out at your age - it would be a very strong NO!
Sorry sweetheart - but there are so many weirdo's on the web - your Mum is only thinking about your well-being.

Lynne

guster girl
10-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by QueenChyna
I still don't know if we can e-mail them if we want?!?!?!or do you just have to send them through mail!?!?!? If this was already answered, I must have missed it. It would help to know.
thanx.

This is a snippet from the rules on the first post of this thread.... "Also, this list is going to be Snail Mail only, but if anyone wants to organize an email list, feel free. "

Looks like it's just regular mail.

karyn674
10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Just sent mine & it's my first. I'm looking forward!!!!

petslover
10-24-2004, 02:18 PM
hey if anyone wants to do a e-mail. i will organize it. just e-mail me if you want to at [email protected] with the same form except change address to e-mail address. . sound okay to everyone?

micki76
10-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by petslover
hey if anyone wants to do a e-mail. i will organize it. just e-mail me if you want to at [email protected] with the same form except change address to e-mail address. . sound okay to everyone?

You'll probably want to start a new thread about an email Xmas card list. More people will see it if you do. :)

Nomilynn
10-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm curious - how many people do we have signed up so far? :)

petslover
10-25-2004, 01:06 PM
thats what i was wondering to.

micki76
10-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry, guys. First day back from vacation. Wow, I'm wiped.
Here's and update:

Richard
robinh
wolf_Q
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Cincy'sMom & SadiesDad
teenster3
anna_66
Jods
Captain
Karen & Paul
Rottieluver45
krazyaboutkatz
pitc9
kblaix
Dukedogsmom
ramanth
jazzcat
Joannie
Edwina’s Secretary
mina’smomma
Felicia’s Mom
lynnestankard
YellowLabLover
lovemysiba
Killearn Kitties
sasvermont
snappy
RobiLee
clara4457
Barbara
Cataholic
lizzielou742
Petslover
karyn674
Lillycat
Nomilynn

What? 36 so far? :)

Rottieluver45
10-25-2004, 10:21 PM
yep! I'm excited!! :)

Kfamr
10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
I just talked with my mom.
I wasn't sure about participating because we've been short on money, but she said yes. :)
I'll be sending mine in a bit.

micki76
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I just talked with my mom.
I wasn't sure about participating because we've been short on money, but she said yes. :)
I'll be sending mine in a bit.

Got it! :)

LuvmyPapillons
10-28-2004, 06:32 AM
So if there were 50 people signed up..that would be $18.98...I think that's right..Can old timers with this give me a ball park $$ figure so I can decide about getting on this list...I'm gonna do it any I think..It sounds like so much fun..getting all these cards and sending out cute cards with photos,etc...
Thanks,Victoria
PS..or should"new" members not really do this? as most of you know each other, right?:D

karyn674
10-28-2004, 07:26 AM
PS..or should"new" members not really do this? as most of you know each other, right?

Hello LuvmyPapillons I am also a new member and I am participating in this card exchange cos it seems so exciting! I think that being a new member (& know no one) means that I need to get to know people, hence it is a great opportunity for us to make friends!!!

Hope you join in the fun!

Karen

Barbara
10-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Last year we have been close to 60 people. It was very expensive (especially for the ones outside the US as the postage is more expensive) but it was soooooo much fun:D

So if you feel you can afford it and if you want to do it, do it:D

Whether you are a newcomer or a pillar:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by LuvmyPapillons
So if there were 50 people signed up..that would be $18.98...I think that's right..Can old timers with this give me a ball park $$ figure so I can decide about getting on this list...I'm gonna do it any I think..It sounds like so much fun..getting all these cards and sending out cute cards with photos,etc...
Thanks,Victoria
PS..or should"new" members not really do this? as most of you know each other, right?:D

In the US, first class stamps are $.37/e, which means 50 x .37 = $18.50 - just for the postage. However, you would need to either buy cards or make them before you can send them ;) and that's the part that gets expensive. To keep the cost down somewhat, I buy my cards and then insert a picture of T & P in each one. At least I think that would be a bit cheaper than making a card from scratch....but now that I think about it, I've never really priced it out that way. I just know that the card stock is expensive and the printer ink is expensive also.

Another option to keep costs down would be to send a postcard. I think postcards are now $.20/e (?) which would make postage for 50 of them $10.00 instead of $18.50, and creating a nice christmassy postcard seems like it would be cheaper than creating a full blown card.....hmmm.....

Also, I think it's great that new members are interested in participating. It really is a lot of fun and this is a good way to get to know the people here.

karyn674
10-28-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't know if this is silly, but anyway i will still ask.

If for us that live outside US can send one envelope containing all the cards destinated to all of you US Citizens to an address where someone who's kind enough, could take them to the local post office bearing a money order for the amount of local stamps( i.e. quantity of cars x $.37/e) would result to a much cheaper cost. This is how I worked it out:

Let's say we have 50 cards destined to the US. So I grab all the cards and send them in one envelope along with the money order that will cos me max. $5.68, plus $.37/e x 50 cards = $24.18

But if I send them all from Malta indivitually that will cost me about $.85/e per card multiplied by 50 cards = $42.61

See there is a discrepancy of $18.43

Can someone inform me if this can be done please?

Thanks

Karen

wolf_Q
10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by karyn674
I don't know if this is silly, but anyway i will still ask.

If for us that live outside US can send one envelope containing all the cards destinated to all of you US Citizens to an address where someone who's kind enough, could take them to the local post office bearing a money order for the amount of local stamps( i.e. quantity of cars x $.37/e) would result to a much cheaper cost. This is how I worked it out:

Let's say we have 50 cards destined to the US. So I grab all the cards and send them in one envelope along with the money order that will cos me max. $5.68, plus $.37/e x 50 cards = $24.18

But if I send them all from Malta indivitually that will cost me about $.85/e per card multiplied by 50 cards = $42.61

See there is a discrepancy of $18.43

Can someone inform me if this can be done please?

Thanks

Karen

Yes that can be done and I believe it has been done in the past. I don't mind being the sender if you'd like to mail the cards to me. I'm at the post office all the time anyway. :)

karyn674
10-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Hey that was a quick reply!!!! :D

Thanks a mil. for your kind help wolf_Q ;)

LuvmyPapillons
10-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Hi..Thanks for the Heads up about liking new members to be interested in this card exchange..how could we not??
Maybe a few of us US people could offer to accept packages of cards from overseas? so 1 or 2 people aren't inadated with cards?
I stopped sending cards out to family & friends 3 yrs ago...If they find out I'm doing this??I'm in the Dog house for sure..Shhhhh;)
I need to make up my mind soon , I know. I also thought it would be cheaper? to print out the cards of good quality paper instead of card paper..and print on them phots, xmas stuff,etc..May not look as nice as "real" cards..but what the hay..it's the thought that counts,right??
I haven't gotten my siggie from here yet as I just learned to use a album site for a album rather than saving to hard drive and fetching the pics from there only..I have learned so much here already!!
Talk later,Victoria
Mic & Annas littel girls born last Valentines day..My only litter so far.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/pdc3ed74ae670ac7d064af3bfdde74996/f6776b23.jpg

LuvmyPapillons
10-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Hi..Thanks for the Heads up about liking new members to be interested in this card exchange..how could we not??
Maybe a few of us US people could offer to accept packages of cards from overseas? so 1 or 2 people aren't inadated with cards?
I stopped sending cards out to family & friends 3 yrs ago...If they find out I'm doing this??I'm in the Dog house for sure..Shhhhh;)
I need to make up my mind soon , I know. I also thought it would be cheaper? to print out the cards of good quality paper instead of card paper..and print on them phots, xmas stuff,etc..May not look as nice as "real" cards..but what the hay..it's the thought that counts,right??
I haven't gotten my siggie from here yet as I just learned to use a album site for a album rather than saving to hard drive and fetching the pics from there only..I have learned so much here already!!
Talk later,Victoria
a siggie from my msn group I belong too..Not great as the ones here..But I like it. smile..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/pdc3ed74ae670ac7d064af3bfdde74996/f6776b23.jpg

Barbara
10-29-2004, 03:25 AM
I have made my cards myself last year, buying coloured cardboard, designing a motive, printing it in colour and glueing it on the cardboard cards. I think they looked VERY nice (at least I loved them very much;) ) but it cost me two complete weekends of time- which was fun.

As always money can be exchanged against time :)

This year I bought my cards as I am completely under water with work.

But I have a design idea for another self made card. Maybe next year:D

karyn674
10-29-2004, 07:43 AM
I also thought it would be cheaper? to print out the cards of good quality paper instead of card paper..and print on them phots, xmas stuff,etc..May not look as nice as "real" cards..but what the hay..it's the thought that counts,right??

I totaly agree with Barbara. Something you do yourself that has taken up your time and most of all your thought is much more valuable then something ready-made and puchased. I does contain more value and it much more fun to do:p

Ps Just checked your profile and discovered we both age on the same day. Isn't that funny :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
I have a correction on the postage amount that I cited earlier. Kater was kind enough to remind me that not all the recipients live in the US, so the cost will be more that $18.50 because some cards will have to go overseas. If I remember correctly, the cards that go to the Western European countries (Germany, England, Spain, Denmark, etc) were $.85 each and I don't remember how much they were to go to other places such as Australia, New Zealand, etc., but just say they are $1.50 each (I don't think they were that much, but better to over estimate than under estimate). So say out of the 50, 40 are going to US addresses; 40 x .37 = $14.80. Say 7 are going to Europe; 7 x .85 = $5.95. And say the other three are going elsewhere; 3 x 1.5 = $4.50. That would make a grand total of $25.25 which is definitely more than the $18.50 I quoted before.

HOWEVER this is only an ESTIMATE! I do not know the exact number of participants we'll have this year, I have no way of knowing how many of those are Europe or elsewhere and I'm using my best guess on the overseas postage costs. This is only an example and more than likely the actual costs will be more than this - along with the costs of the cards - so it is an expensive undertaking - both in money and in time. Even though I bought my cards, it will still take time to sign them all, print the pics, insert a pic in each of them, address them all, stamp them all and send them on their way. This is what I did last year also and even though I didn't make the card, it still took the better part of two weekends to get it all done.

So I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but it is quite the undertaking and those that aren't ready for the commitment - either time or money wise - should probably take a pass. :)

neko1
10-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Got my cards...sign me up!!:D ;)

shutterbug0303
10-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Yippie!! I'm in!!! Can't wait to get the master and get started!!! :D

neko1
10-31-2004, 04:37 PM
When is the information being collected?

wolf_Q
10-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by neko1
When is the information being collected?

Everyone who wants to participate will email his or her mailing address to [email protected].

neko1
10-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Oops, thanks....I'm too stupid today to think of looking at the first page!

(just sent my email in):)

micki76
11-02-2004, 08:43 AM
So far...

Richard
robinh
wolf_Q
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Cincy'sMom & SadiesDad
teenster3
anna_66
Jods
Captain
Karen & Paul
Rottieluver45
krazyaboutkatz
pitc9
kblaix
Dukedogsmom
ramanth & Fett
jazzcat
Joannie
Edwina’s Secretary
mina’smomma
Felicia’s Mom
lynnestankard
YellowLabLover
lovemysiba
Killearn Kitties
sasvermont
snappy
RobiLee
clara4457
Barbara
Cataholic
lizzielou742
Petslover
karyn674
Lillycat
Nomilynn
kfamr
Shutterbug0303
neko1
Blustang24

Anyone else interested? :) 42 So far (including me & Aly)

ramanth
11-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Could Andy (Fett) be added along side my name please?

I wish I had the resources to make my own cards, but I'll be going with store bought again. :)

Blustang24
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
I sent mine in, but now that I look you already added me to the list! hehehe

It'll be nice getting all of the cards.

I asked Kenny if he wanted his name on them, and if he wanted them sent to his house or my parents (which I "live" at) and he chose his house because "we don't get any cards at his house."

I'll have to go shopping for cards or make some as soon as I know how many for sure! :)

Cataholic
11-04-2004, 02:26 PM
I just wanted to offer to recieve anyone's package of cards from overseas, and send the stateside cards out from here!

Just pm me if you would like to take me up on this offer.

heinz57_79
11-04-2004, 03:27 PM
I wish I could, but I just can't afford it this year. :( I'd also love to be on the receiving end... i don't think i've gotten a Xmas card in several years. :p Hopefully next year! But that doesn't mean I don't wish everyone a very happy holiday season! :)

Barbara
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't want to be pushy but being a European I start to think about my overseas Christmas cards.

Do you ahve an idea when the list will be mailed?:)

I know it is a hell of a work ....

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2004, 11:14 PM
I bought my cards and now I just need to create a Christmas photo of my boys with my photoshop program.:) I'd also like to know when we'll be receiving the final address list.;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Is it to late for me to join the X-mas list of this year? I was welcomed soooo warmly, so I wanna show my gratitude to all of you :)

neko1
11-13-2004, 12:13 PM
When is the email list of addresses being sent out? I was away for 2 weeks so I'm not sure if I missed something. Also, my computer cannot receive attachments, so the list would have to be in the body of the letter, thanks.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-15-2004, 06:21 AM
I didn't get any reply yet.... . I am in time, or not?

neko1
11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Yeah I didn't get a reply either:confused:

lizzielou742
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I signed up a long time ago and have not heard anything about it yet, so I don't think they've sent out the list to anyone yet. :)

jazzcat
11-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I think Micki and Aly are heading this up and I haven't seen either one around for several days. I hope they are okay.

petslover
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
maybe they are busy working on it? I hope it gets out soon so that the people overseas can get it before Christmas.

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2004, 11:43 PM
In the past, the list has been e-mailed to everyone by Thanksgiving so hopefully this is the case this year.:)

micki76
11-16-2004, 08:16 AM
Sorry everyone. Alyson hasn't been feeling well for a while, so I've pretty much been doing this on my own. I'll try to get this out this week. Actually, I'm just waiting on an answer from Aly, and then it'll be ready to go. As soon as I hear from her, I'll send it.

Sorry about the wait. :o :)

petslover
11-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I hope Aly gets feeling better.

robinh
11-16-2004, 10:44 AM
No problem. We really appreciate your doing this. Get well, Aly.

AlleyCat
11-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi, just added my name to that mailing list yesterday - I hope it gets in there in time ?? Would love to be part of this!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
My cards are ready! I designed a card with a pic of my cats, and X-mas decorations. Today I printed out about 40 cards. Enough??
I cannot wait to start writing the addresses and personal messages :) :) http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20491%20Xmas_fireplace.gif

Jods
11-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi,
Can we please get the addys soon I would like to send them off to get that off my list of things to do.... Plllllease :rolleyes: Yah I'm whining LOL!!
;)

micki76
11-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by MommyOf3cats
Hi, just added my name to that mailing list yesterday - I hope it gets in there in time ?? Would love to be part of this!

Hi Andrea, I just need your last name. I've also sent an email to you.

As soon as I get it, the list will go out. :) It's all ready.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks Micki and aly. I can't wait!!!

petslover
11-18-2004, 12:23 PM
yeah Thank you very much for putting this together!

RICHARD
11-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks!

Got my list!!

Can I ask a favor from everyone???

I dropped my stash of Xmas cards and some pictures fell out..
:(

Should you enclose a photo could you please make a little note as to who the picture is of??

Thanks!!!

micki76
11-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Thanks!

Got my list!!

Can I ask a favor from everyone???

I dropped my stash of Xmas cards and some pictures fell out..
:(

Should you enclose a photo could you please make a little note as to who the picture is of??

Thanks!!!

Glad you got it. :)

That's a good idea, Richard. Perhaps write it on the back of the photo even if it's taped in, since tape loses it's adhesiveness after a while.

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Micki, Rottie's just a wee bit grounded from the computer for somewhere around the rest of her life. Can you PM or email me a copy of the list for her, please? Whenever you get a chance would be great. Thanks. :)

AlleyCat
11-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi, can I get a copy of the list too? (I did send my name and address and all, but it sounds as if others already received the list and I haven't?) Thanks much, so looking forward to this!

Lillycat
11-19-2004, 06:23 PM
thank you soooo much for all the hard work in providing the "list"!!!

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2004, 10:42 PM
I received my list. Thanks Aly and Micki for all of your hard work.:) Now I just need to sit down and create my Christmas picture for all of my cards.:D

jazzcat
11-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by MommyOf3cats
Hi, can I get a copy of the list too? (I did send my name and address and all, but it sounds as if others already received the list and I haven't?) Thanks much, so looking forward to this!
Mommyof3cats - I'd love it if you would introduce your kitties to us on the Cat General board. They look so cute in your avatar.

Micki and Aly - thanks for the list and all the hard work!

karyn674
11-19-2004, 11:37 PM
OMG I haven't received the list :(

Can you kindly send it again? Pleeeeeeese?

teenster3
11-20-2004, 12:29 AM
I didn't receive the list either...please pm me with it!:)
Tina

teenster3
11-20-2004, 01:03 AM
opps.....nevermind I found it....THANKS!!!!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2004, 07:40 AM
I didn't get it yet :( . I hope I was not to late with my request :eek:
maybe I didn't give my e-mail address very well:
[email protected]

Joannie
11-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Im sorry I couldn't access the list, could you please send it to [email protected] or tell me where to go to get it? Thanks Joannie

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2004, 01:41 PM
I got the list today!! YIPPIE!!!!
But, the name of my street is wrong. If anyone sees any mistakes in his/her address, please post it on the other thread
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=919162#post919162

dukedogsmom
11-22-2004, 06:12 AM
I am making mine this year. Almost done. Still need to get the Christmas pic of my two boys. I am much more prepared this year. Last year overwhelmed me.

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2004, 07:21 AM
I haven't received the list yet. Could you try sending it to my email address again please?

Cincy'sMom
11-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Micki and Aly- I didn't get the card list yet. (or I accidently delted it from my junkmail without checking :eek: ) Can you please resend it?

Thanks!!!

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2004, 09:12 AM
That's it just through. Many thanks! :D :D

lizzielou742
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Thank you Micki and Aly! :D

Barbara
11-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Thank you Micki and Aly! I bought the cutest cat stamps today and I can start:D

pitc9
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
I just checked, and I did not get the list either.

Could someone please send me the list to:

[email protected]

Thanks!!!

lovemyshiba
11-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I got mine:)
I am having one heck of a time trying to get these 4 goons to sit for a picture for me:rolleyes:
Hopefully I'll figure something out, or I'll just have to send cards without pictures!!

Thanks for all the hard work!

snappy
11-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Got my list as well! Can't wait to use my new digital (ok - it is my boyfriends....but he hasn't used it since I purchased it for him!) camera and take a few good shots of my boys to share with you all!:D :D :D

Joannie
11-24-2004, 07:31 AM
I still haven't got the list, could someone send it to me privately @ [email protected]. Thanks Joannie

dukedogsmom
11-24-2004, 07:31 PM
I just now downloaded and looked at my list and all I have is that it starts with Richard and ends with Mommyof3cats. I'm missing everything else. Can someone please send me the full list? I'll be doing the pictures this weekend and hopefully getting them in the mail within the next two weeks.

Nomilynn
11-24-2004, 08:35 PM
I got my first CARD today!!!! THANKS petslover!!!! :)

teenster3
11-24-2004, 11:37 PM
"Nomilynn I got my first CARD today!!!! THANKS petslover!!!!"

WOW.......that was fast it's not even December yet!:p

petslover
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
hey your welcome! I sent off the overseas first hand on that Friday we got the list. I thought it took about 3 weeks to get there so I wanted to make sure it got there before Christmas. wow, it got there very quick.

Barbara
11-26-2004, 02:49 AM
Petslover- your first card made it to Europe!!!!!!!!! Thanks- and your furkids are very cute:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-26-2004, 04:54 AM
Yippie, thank you Tia (Petslover).

Cincy'sMom
11-26-2004, 03:33 PM
We got our card from Petslover today too!! What a cute picture of Coco!!

I didn't realize you were in Tupelo. My sister's husband's mom lives there, so I confused by the return addres...trying to figure out who in my sis's family was sending me something, and why :)

petslover
11-26-2004, 03:44 PM
wow thats so cool. If you ever have to visit her maybe we can meet up somewhere! Thats so cool. I am glad alot of people are getting theres lol. I just went by the post office today, and sent off the rest of them so everyone should be getting them any day now!

K9karen
11-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Yikes! I know that I've been lagging behind on PT, but I realized (bong on the head :mad: tonight that, gee, wonder what's happening with the Xmas list. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that I was WAY late in adding my name. I've never missed it in all the years we've done it. Micki..I sent you an email tonight. I'm so upset. With home caring my mom, taking care of the house by myself and getting my personal stuff in order (I'm having major surgery Jan 10 and will need 6 months to recup) and find a nursing home to keep mom for a while, I've lost all track of time. Please tell me I'm not too late. Can someone email me the list so I can send cards, even if it's too late to add my name to get one? (except I'll really miss the cat hair!! :) :D :D )

teenster3
11-27-2004, 01:14 AM
k9kAREN.......
I haven't sent out any of my cards yet, so if you want to pm me you're info. I'll send you one! This is my 1st year doing this so I'm pretty excited about it as well!
:)
TiNa

Lillycat
11-27-2004, 11:15 AM
hey.......how will we get k9karens address?

Cincy'sMom
11-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I just now downloaded and looked at my list and all I have is that it starts with Richard and ends with Mommyof3cats. I'm missing everything else. Can someone please send me the full list? I'll be doing the pictures this weekend and hopefully getting them in the mail within the next two weeks.

This the same list I got. Is it not the full thing?

neko1
11-27-2004, 02:52 PM
That's the same list I got too...I have 45 total on my list...is that correct?

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
k9karen, I tried to pm you but your box is full. I'd love to add you to my list this year.:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2004, 09:35 PM
I received my first Christmas card today from petslover. Thank you for the beautiful card and cute picture of Buster. For some reason or other I can't attach a big smilie face here.

Kfamr
11-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by neko1
That's the same list I got too...I have 45 total on my list...is that correct?

Ditto. Just curious if that's everyone!!

K9Karen -- If you'd like, please send me your address and i'll gladly add you to my list!

dukedogsmom
11-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I would also like to add K9karen to my list. Sorry guys, it just didn't look like enough. Last year I think we had a little over 60. I've been prepared this year as I made a lot of cards!

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I would like to add K9Karen too!!

jazzcat
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
K9Karen - please PM your info to me so I can add you to my list too.

wolf_Q
11-28-2004, 10:28 PM
K9Karen I'd like to add you to my list too. I have the list from last year still with your address I hope that is still correct...

I received the card from Petslover. Thank you, it was so nice! :) Should we start a new "card received" thread?

pitc9
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I got my first card (thanks Petlover) but I still have not gotten a list at all!:(

Could someone please send me a copy of the list?!?

I guess I could just send cards to everyone as I get their cards using their return addresses, but for those people that wait till very close to Christmas... I would be able to get there's to them till long after Christmas.

Please??? ANYONE?!?!?!? Please send me a copy of the list to:

[email protected]

jazzcat
11-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Angie, I just emailed you the list.

K9Karen - I got your info - thanks!

Petslover - I got your card today, big thanks!!!! My first card of the season.:D

kohala
11-29-2004, 09:30 PM
You all are going to have sooooooooo much fun! I have done this each year (OK, two years) and my PT cards made the house look wonderful!!! I had 'em strung all around!! The first year I dedicated a wall to them! I was making out cards and Grasshopper was sitting on them, leaving fur all over, so I decided she wanted to sned some to everyone! What fun! I got all kinds of goodies - Oh, man, I wanna play!!!!!
But we are moving (good time to move, huh? But sanity demands we get out of this apartment:p ) hopefully before Christmas, which means I am half packed, and a little tight in the budget this year :( .
So sadly, no furry cards from me and the family - I was going to send Spirit Cat greetings since she is still kinda around. But I will post a card to all on the link Paul and Karen are creating, and when I am all settled in, I'll read this thread from beginning to end and think of each and every one of you. I have been blessed with good e-friends and read such fun posts from names I don't recognize - yet! But I'll be back:D !!
I had thought to go ahead and participate, but Dadcat is a little tense with this move thing (we are up to 4 classic muscle cars to move now :p ) and I think he might blow a rod or seize a piston if he found me stopped in the middle of packing dishes writing out cards. I haven't even seen the whole thread yet - how many this year? Oh to have over a hundred cards to make and send!
It is my goal to send you all home made ones eventually!!
OK, enough - so nice to be here and say HI and Happy Holidays to all!!

Love, Ko, Dadcat and the Spirit Cat

teenster3
11-30-2004, 02:24 AM
I received my 1st card from Tia (Petslover) today as well!
Thank You,
It was a really cute card with a cute saying & the picture of Tiger is adorable!!!!!:D
I've gotta get my cards started here soon or I'll be too late! I bought all my cards, (more than enough, I thought more people would sign up) I just have to get a picture of my dogs & buy stamps. I can't wait for more cards to arrive. That's 1 great thing about Christmas, is rushing to the mailbox to find Christmas cards!!!!! Hey, it's better than BILLS right?!!!!
Thanks Again,
Tina, Matthew, Wicket & Waffles!!!!! ;)

P.S.>>>>K9Karen, I'm willing to send you a card if you'd like to send me your info.!:) If not, that's ok too.....I just haven't heard either way from you yet!

Lillycat
11-30-2004, 05:31 AM
me too.....thanks Tia!!!

lbaker
11-30-2004, 06:53 AM
ARRRRGH! Here it is the last day of November and I'm FINALLY thinking Christmas cards. I'm the same address as last year but would appreciate an updated list. I'm so sorry this is late :( Is it TOO late?? I still have last years list (I think) but there are new people and probably some address changes I would like to be aware of. Oh fiddle-dee-dee.
Laurie

jazzcat
11-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Laurie - please PM your info to me so I can add you to my list.

Barbara
11-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Laurie and K9Karen- I still have your address from last year- so I can add you:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Laurie and K9Karen- I still have your address from last year- so I can add you:)

Me too....matter of fact....I've already got a card for Laurie made out. I went through last years list and there were a few people that I wanted to send cards to that weren't on this year's list. :)

petslover
11-30-2004, 02:45 PM
I got my first card today. Yippee!! Its from Joanne.. The picture of Patches, Bailey, and Beaner was precious! Thank you so much...

K9karen
12-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Whew! I feel (just a tinge) lessy awful now that I know Laurie forgot too! :rolleyes: :D I emailed those of you who've asked for my address and I too have last years list. Am working as fast as I can on my pictures...

K9karen
12-01-2004, 12:58 AM
YAY! Karen just emailed me the list-so I have all your names! Mine is the same as last year..for those who don't have it, please continue to PM or email me!

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2004, 09:50 AM
I just received my second card yesterday from Lut. Thanks for the beautiful card Lut.:D I'm mailing out all of my international cards this morning so hopefully everyone will receive them before Christmas.:)

Laurie, I was already planning on sending you a card so you're covered.:) Now I just have to start on the rest of the cards.

dukedogsmom
12-01-2004, 11:08 AM
I'll be mailing mine the weekend of the11th. It would be sooner if I could buy the postage but the pics were a lot more than I thought they would be so I lost all the money I had saved on making my cards(almost anyway) And, if you want the pic off the card, you'll have to cut it off because I'm using super strong tape!

petslover
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
I just recieved my second card. Thank you Lut! The card is wonderful!

teenster3
12-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I received my card from Lut too.......thank you!
It was a beautiful hand-made card....I was surprised to find the confetti inside...too cute!:D

Just out of curiousity......how much are stamps for oversea people? I was just going to put 37 cent stamps on them but will people get them? I've never sent oversea before!
Thanks,
Tina;)

AlleyCat
12-02-2004, 11:42 PM
No, overseas costs more. If you know the weight of your envelope you could look it up online (www.usps.com); otherwise you should go to your local post office.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Just out of curiousity......how much are stamps for oversea people? I was just going to put 37 cent stamps on them but will people get them?

For overseas letters, do ALWAYS go to the postoffice! Some PO's refuse all insufficiant stamped letters :( . Sometimes they return them, but sometimes they just throw them away....!
Because overseas letters travel by air, they must be weighed :D

ps. I am happy you like my card :) :)

Barbara
12-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Overseas letters are more - I see that from the many cards I got:)

And here they are more expensive too. I am sure US post has a website where you can check it.

jazzcat
12-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Just out of curiousity......how much are stamps for oversea people? I was just going to put 37 cent stamps on them but will people get them? I've never sent oversea before!
Thanks,
Tina;)
Tina, I mailed all mine yesterday. It's 60 cents for Canada and 80 cents for everyone overseas on the list. You will also need to either have the PO stamp it Airmail, get the stickers and put them on yourself or handwrite Airmail on the front of the envelope.

Lut, I just got your card, adorable!! Thank you.

Nomilynn
12-04-2004, 12:18 AM
got my second card - THANK YOU LUT!!! :D

My goal is to get working on them this weekend, and have them in the mail by Monday or Tuesday :)

Lillycat
12-04-2004, 09:16 AM
i put the last of my cards in the mail......at the post office before 9 ayem this morning!!!!!! Yay!!!!! now let the fun begin!!!

NoahsMommy
12-04-2004, 03:52 PM
I mailed most of my cards at lunchtime on Friday.

My rates were the same as Jazzcat. I hand carried them in to see how much each one was (outside of the US) and the mail person put the correct postage on for me.

:) This is fun! We've gotten three PT cards so far.

Felicia's Mom
12-04-2004, 07:33 PM
My cards will be late; I haven't worked for two weeks and my list is at work. The printer at home doesn't work. I was going to
have pictures too, but probably won't

RobiLee
12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I love the Christmas Cards!!! So much nicer to see than the bills :p I have received cards from petslover, Lut, jazzcatt and Anna. The last 3 I received today. Such a special treat! It is so much fun to check the mailbox now :D

I have been bad and haven't even started on mine yet. I need to get busy :o

Hugs to everyone....Robin :)

Cincy'sMom
12-05-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm falling behind already!! I received Lut and Anna's card the ned of last week. Thank you both so much!!

I ordered mine this morning, and I as soon as I shower and get laundry started, I'm off to pick them up!!

K9karen
12-06-2004, 01:18 AM
Yay! I'm on the final list! Picked up my cards today and should have them all mailed out by tomorrow night! It's such a kick! This is one event I don't mind spending money on..I'll just cut down on the chocolate candy, I guess.....:rolleyes: :p :D

anna_66
12-06-2004, 09:11 AM
I received cards from Lut & petslover:D

pitc9
12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
I mailed my out of Country cards last week, and I will put mailing all the others today!

I do have one problem!!

When I went to send my out of country cards, I did not have a country for Karen & Thomas, Lulu and Pippa.

The post office would not take it, and I looked on the list again, and the list did not have a country on it! Could someone please tell me what country she lives in?!?

Thanks!

lbaker
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
The country is Malta.. it's an island in the mediterannean. The way it's listed on our PT Christmas list you may think it's part of the city name (followed by the country code) but MALTA is a country. Not everyone is familiar with it but the post office people should have been.

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm running behind schedule this year:o so I'm still working on the U.S. Christmas cards. Hopefully I'll have all of them mailed out by this weekend.

snappy
12-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I too am running behind in everything this year! But they cards should be coming out by the end of this week I promise that!

I feel guilty because I have already received some from you all....I swear it will be worth the wait!

pitc9
12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
The country is Malta.. it's an island in the mediterannean. The way it's listed on our PT Christmas list you may think it's part of the city name (followed by the country code) but MALTA is a country. Not everyone is familiar with it but the post office people should have been.

So it should look like this:

29 Kapumastru Stret
Zejtun
ZTN 07
Malta

:confused:
(sorry I am so stupid!!!):o

Barbara
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Yes, Angie, that's what it should look like. Since May 2004 Malta is part of the European Union too. It is a very small island but it has very old and beautiful architecture- from the stone age to the temple knights:D

Tracey: I got your card! Thanks:) :) :) What a wonderful picture of... but I won't give it away;)

Mine are on their way now:D

petslover
12-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I didn't get the two additional addresses of the people that have joined. Can anyone send those to me at [email protected]

jazzcat
12-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by petslover
I didn't get the two additional addresses of the people that have joined. Can anyone send those to me at [email protected]
I just emailed the new list with the additions and corrections on it.

pitc9
12-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks Barbara!!!!:D

petslover
12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Thank you for sending that to me. The last two cards will be sent off tomorrow.

karyn674
12-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Here is the Maltese :D

It's funny but loads of people don't have the palest idea about the existance of the tiny island of Malta, and mind you the address is so short due to this fact .... lol

Thanks to both of you lbaker and barbara

And pitc9 rest assured that the address on the list is the correct one, its just that at the post office the're being dumb:D

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
I received cards from Jazzcat, Jods, and Anna today.:D Thanks for the beautiful cards and cute pictures too.:) Now I really need to work on my cards some more.

anna_66
12-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Got a few more cards:D Thanks to...
Jazzcat, Noahsmommy & Lillycat...beautiful cards and pictures!!

Kfamr
12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I just went and got my cards printed!
They look fantastic. I love them so much.

I hope to send them out this week.

micki76
12-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I've gotten cards from Lut, Lori, Kelly, Anna, Jodie, and Tia. How exciting is that? It's so cool ,cause I got them all in one day. Can't wait to go home tonight and look in the mailbox! :D

Thanks for all the cute, sweet cards and pics!

My post office had no problem with Karen's address, either.

anna_66
12-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jods, Rottieluver45, sasvermont! Love the cards...thanks again:D

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 07:24 PM
If it's not too much to ask of anyone...

If you haven't sent me a card yet could you address them to 'Richard's mom'?

She picks up my mail for me and she was saying that she was going to tell the postman not to stop anymore.....I think she needs a card or two.....

THANKS!

PJ's Mom
12-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Thanks Jods, Rottieluver45, sasvermont! Love the cards...thanks again:D

Anna, we were sooooo happy to see Angus on your card!!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2004, 12:43 AM
I received 2 cards today from Noahsmommy and Lillycat. Thanks for the cute cards and pictures.:) I'm still working on my cards so I hope to mail out a batch by Thurs. morning.;)

Kfamr
12-08-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm completely finished. Hopefully they'll be sent tomorrow! :D

Nomilynn
12-08-2004, 01:03 AM
I got cards from Anna_66 and Tracey - THANKS guys! :D

My cards *might* be late. I hope hope hope to get them done this weekend. But I might not have a pic :(

Barbara
12-08-2004, 02:58 AM
Jods, Pitc9, sasvermont, Lillycat and Noahsmommy! Oh this is so much fun:) :) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2004, 06:11 AM
I got 8 cards so far: Anna66, Kak, Pitc9, Petslover, Lillycat, Noahsmommy, Lynnstanckard and Jazzcat!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Lynn, that card is a piece of art! Congrats!!

Kfamr
12-08-2004, 01:54 PM
As I was addressing my cards last night, I noticed Lauren (blustang24) had 34683 as her zip code. She's having them sent to my brother's house, which I don't believe that's the correct zip code. I'm having my mom call her right now.

The correct zip would be 34652.
*edit*
We got ahold of my brother and he says that Lauren hasn't recieved any cards yet, that's probably why. :P

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2004, 03:02 PM
I am falling behind again...since Monday we have receivd cards from Lillycat, Jazzcat, Sasvermont, Jods, Pitc9 (both cards ;) ), Rottielover, Mina'smommy, and NoahsMommy! Thank you all so much!!

I love this time of year!!

I've got all my envelopes addressed, and the first 5 or 10 card done. Hopefully they will be out by this weekend!

NoahsMommy
12-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm so glad the cards got there. I just mailed the second batch this morning and will mail the rest tomorrow. :)

I can't wait to go check my mail. I haven't checked it since Saturday!

Kfamr
12-08-2004, 05:27 PM
All of my cards were sent today! :)

captain
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
All sent :D

Anna - ditto the comment about seeing the beautiful Angus in your card .....

krazyaboutkatz ..... waddya mean work on your cards more. Your card was great!!!!!

anna_66
12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Anna, we were sooooo happy to see Angus on your card!!! :)
Thanks PJ's Mom and Captain. I thought he was such a part of PT this last year I just couldn't leave my RB boy out:)

I received more today!

Thanks to:
pict9 & mina'smomma:D

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by captain

krazyaboutkatz ..... waddya mean work on your cards more. Your card was great!!!!! I mean that I have to personalize and address the U.S. cards. I also had to resize the picture so it would fit in the cards because these cards are different than the one you received. I only had 16 of the one you received.;)

I also received a card from Pict9 today. Thanks for the beautiful card.:D

Nomilynn
12-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Thanks Jods - got your card in the mail! :D

pitc9
12-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Yes, Anna, I ment to tell you that I did cry when I saw Angus in your card. It was so wonderfuly touching to see him.
The picture on Bon on the card is priceless!!!!

I got Jods yesterday, and Sally's the other day.
Thank you all for the cards!

lynnestankard
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I hope you'll all be patient - I've sent all my American cards to Diane and she's going to post them there - doing this has saved me approx: £20 ($40!!) All the others - Canada, Europe and Oz have been sent!!

I've received the following:-

Lut - lovely - how clever you are!!
Tracey (KAK) - what a lovely picture!!
Jodie - nice to know the meezers are in chargew of Christmas!!
NoahsMommy(Kelly) - fingers crossed that we do meet one day!!
Augie(Pitc9) - that's such an AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW pic!!
Lilly - what can I say - - beautiful both card and pic!!
Anna - what can I say ? To see Angus also had me in tears - but it seemed so right somehow. PS. Bon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those slobby lippies just need BIG xxxxx's.
Slick - ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne

Barbara
12-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Lynne: WHAT a card! You should start a business:)
Anna: Bon doesn't look grumpy- just relaxed:D

NoahsMommy
12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I got a whole bunch of really wonderful cards and a very special surprise yesturday. Checking the mail in December is the best!!

All but two of mine have been sent. Going to the post office to mail those tomorrow at lunch. :)

FUN!

Rottieluver45
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
:D I have recieved some!! they're all very lovely!! I love the pics!!

I 've sent out a couple of mine,I'll get the others out soon! :)

lynnestankard
12-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Two more today

Debbie (T&P) - what a beautiful card - I can't stop looking at it.
Oh yes - and how sweet Tubster and Mz.P having a christmas kiss xxxxx

Tina (Teenster3) - great pic of you with W. & W.!!!

Lynne

lbaker
12-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Mailed most of mine yesterday. Will try to finish this weekend. I'm not as creative as most of you. Just store-bought cards and no personalized photos but the warm thoughts are there.
Laurie

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2004, 11:16 AM
I received 2 more cards yesterday from Captain and mina'smomma. Thanks for the beautiful cards and cute picture of the spotties.:D

I finished all of mine last night and have mailed the first batch on Thurs. morning and will mail the rest this morning so everyone should receive their cards hopefully by Wed. of next week.:)

dukedogsmom
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm mailing all mine tomorrow! Got the notes written today at work while not busy. I'm so glad I've finally gotten them done.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
I got a tun of PT cards today, 7 just today. They make me so happy, thank you all.

Amy- yours took my breath away.

I WILL be sending mine out tomorrow. My printer is being stupid and I need Justin to help me. He promised he would help me tonight so we could get them in the mail in the morning. They're all ready except for the picture I plan on putting in them, even that's ready it just needs to be printed.

Nomilynn
12-10-2004, 11:41 PM
So far I have cards from:

KAK
Jods
Anna_66
lynnestankard
Noah'smommy
Jazzcat
Lillycat
RICHARD
sasvermont
pitc9
teenster3
Barbara
robinh
Tubby&Peanut's Mom
petslover
Lut

Thank you EVERYONE! I love them all.. they are gorgeous :)

My goal is to get done this weekend.. we'll see :P

K9karen
12-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Whew! I'm so thrilled I made the final cut on the list! I've gotten so many cards! I beat Logan to the door when I hear the mailman! I love them all and read them about 3x each! Most of mine were mailed yesterday and the rest will be mailed tomorrow. Sorry it took longer than expected..personal stuff again! But it's so much fun to send and get them! It's a favorite time for me! I love you all!

anna_66
12-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks Barbara, Wolf_Q and cataholic!!!

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I thought i'd do this now before I get too overloaded, although I should ahve done it while I recieved them!

There are whom i've recieved from! :D

Micki76 -- I tell you, seeing Cinny written on our return address gave me the BIGGEST smile ever!!!
Lbaker -- Simba sends you Christmas kisses!
krazyaboutkatz -- your card is tooo adorable. Give those kitties some smooches from me!
Robinh- The pups send you kisses back!
wolf_q- What a fabulous picture.. whoever took that must have been awesome ;) It's hanging on our fridge.
Pitc9- ThankYou, give those pups some kisses from me!
teenster3- What a cute picture!
Barbara- Thanks!! Your stamps are too cute.
jazzcat- That picture of Rocky is adorable.. poor kitty :p
noahsmommy- yes.. Nelly is on ym list.. My WISH list. :p
Rottieluver- Thanks!!! I WISH we had snow!
sasvermont- Thank you for the wonderful card.
Lut- Simba, Nala and Ki send you hugs back. :D
Anna-66 - I've already thanked you, but I want to do it again.
The card was just wonderful and that other 'card' is already used, of course. ;) Thank you and Mark for everything.
petslover- that picture of Tia is adorable. Thanks!
Debbie (tubby and peanut) - It was nice meeting you guys as well.
lillycat- thank you for the adorable picture!
Jods- What an adorable picture of Mercedes! :D

And I *think* that's it!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
It's been so much fun opening each and every one.

dukedogsmom
12-11-2004, 07:34 PM
I mailed all the U.S. ones on the list today. I've got to mail the out of U.S. ones and a few that weren't on the list on Monday. Hope you like them!

wolf_Q
12-11-2004, 10:16 PM
I've received a ton of cards....I'll name them all later. Thank you everyone! I hope mine will all arrive soon. :)

Rottieluver45
12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Kay!!!! I loved that pic of the pups...it's soooo cute!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2004, 01:29 AM
I received 3 cards yesterday from T&P's Mom, Teenster3, and Micki76. Thanks for the beautiful cards and pictures.:D

I received 4 cards today from lbaker, neko1, Barbara, and kfamr. Thanks for the beautiful cards and pictures too. :D

I sure do love getting all of these Christmas cards in the mail instead of just junk mail and bills.:D

karyn674
12-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Me and hubby are getting addicted to this! I cannot open any cards before he comes from work!!! And vice versa! He calles me to ask me 'how many cards we received today?'

Thanks to all of you!

Kfamr
12-12-2004, 06:32 AM
I'm so glad people are recieving mine! :D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Sundays! No mail!!

anna_66
12-12-2004, 09:56 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Sundays! No mail!!
I so agree Kay!!:(

But I did receive 5 yesterday!

Thanks to neko1, lbaker, micki76, kfamr & Staci!

Blustang24
12-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Kenny said we received about 20 the other day and then another 4 the day after. I have yet to get up to his house since then, so I don't know who they are from. He said he wanted to wait for me to get there to open them. I'm going there tonight though...so I'll be sure to open them! :)

Kfamr
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Blustang24
Kenny said we received about 20 the other day and then another 4 the day after. I have yet to get up to his house since then, so I don't know who they are from. He said he wanted to wait for me to get there to open them. I'm going there tonight though...so I'll be sure to open them! :)

He told me yesterday that he opened mine. ;)

Nomilynn
12-13-2004, 02:01 AM
phew.. got ALL my cards done today :) Just have to get to the post office to buy some stamps. I hope to have them mailed by Tuesday :D

ramanth
12-13-2004, 08:33 AM
We've received lots of cards. :D Mine finally came in Friday evening. Some were mailed today and I hope to get the rest out tomorrow! :D

If they arrive after Christmas, I'm so sorry. :o I wanted them sent earlier but decided to wait for pictures.

anna_66
12-13-2004, 01:45 PM
:D Thanks to:
krazyaboutkatz, MommyOf3cats, Snappy & k9karen! I loved them all!!!

Cincy'sMom
12-13-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm way behind again!! Amazing if you don't add to the list everyday, how quickly that happens!

Thursday through today we received cards from Wolf-Q, Tubby and Peanut's mom ( what a sweet card :(), teenster3, snappy, Captain, Micki, Cataholic, Neko1, Kfamr, krazyaboutkatz, and K9Karen.

Everybody cards are so great...wonderful pictures, cute cards..so much fun!! Thank you all!

I bought stamps today so mine should be in the mail tomorrow...later then I hoped, but I'm a little slow at everything right now!

jazzcat
12-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I've received many great cards. They are all so lovely, thanks. Here's the list so far:

Robinh, wolf-Q, Tubby & Peanut's Mom, Teenster3, Anna66, Jods, Captain, KAK, Pitc9, Joannie, Mina's momma, Killearn Kitties, Kfamr, Neko1, SAS, Noahsmommy, Snappy, Barbara, Cataholic, Lillycat, Petslover, Lut, Micki, LBaker.

I'm so glad I participated. All these beautiful cards have helped to get me in the holiday spirit!

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I received 2 more cards today from Killearn Kitties and MommyOf3cats. Both cards are beautiful.:) Thanks again everyone. This is so much fun.:D

Barbara
12-14-2004, 03:46 AM
Robinh, Tubby & Peanut's Mom (some tears for the adorable kissy pic), Teenster3, Captain, Pitc9, Killearn Kitties, Kfamr (so cute- and every dog signed in a different pawwriting ;), Neko1, Micki, Richard (deal accepted ;)) and someone else! Oh wow, my brain!

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I recieved some more yesterday! :)

Captain - What an adorable picture, and I'm glad I remember last year and have been opening cards carefully... or else I would have had little angels all over my tile!!

Dukedogsmom - Valerie, your boys are too sweet. Can't wait to see them again.

Neko1- Were the kitties helping you decorate? ;)

Mina'smommy- What a cute card!!

Thanks to Everyone!!!!

petslover
12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey! I am having so much fun checking the mail everyday. I am so glad I joined up for this.

I just wanted to ask has anyone not received my card? I just want to check to see if everyone got theirs.

Nomilynn
12-14-2004, 10:24 AM
I got 3 more yesterday - thanks to Mommyof3cats, neko1 and Killearn Kitties :D

Mine are all ready to go, and should be in the mail by the end of today. If some are late, I am SOOOO SORRY but I've made a card for everyone on the list and I'm hoping that they will make it by Christmas day!

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Put mine in the mail this morning1 If I missed anyone, please let meknow!! As I was finsihing up family and friends a few minutes ago, I realized I missed the "R"'s in my address book! I'm hoping I didn't miss anyone else!!

ramanth
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
My international bound cards went to the post office today. :)

captain
12-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Captain - What an adorable picture, and I'm glad I remember last year and have been opening cards carefully... or else I would have had little angels all over my tile!!

Thanks KayAnn. I edited that in Fireworks, if you look closely you will see .......... I edited out John's legs from behind Captain ...:D
DAMN shame you opened the card carefully :D:)

Felicia's Mom
12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
At last, I can start mailing cards.:) I should have them all sent this week, except for the ones out of the USA. I need to go to the post office for stamps and can only get there on Saturday.:(

dukedogsmom
12-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by captain
DAMN shame you opened the card carefully :D:)
I did too! I remembered last year :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2004, 11:58 PM
I received 4 more cards today from Cataholic, Dukedogsmom, k9karen, and snappy. Thanks for all of the beautiful cards and pictures. :D

K9karen
12-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Thank you all! What a blast! Michele..I shook your card and heard a bit of movement..was as careful as can be..but STILL managed some stars on the floor! :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm gonna hate when this is over and all I get is junk mail and bills! :(

lynnestankard
12-15-2004, 04:12 AM
I'm with you Karen - it's just so much fun!!!

My update is as follows:-

Barbara, Robin, Micki, Laurie, LeeAnn, Kay and Tia.

With many, many thanks to you all - great cards - and pics!!!

Love Lynne

lynnestankard
12-15-2004, 11:12 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!!

My cards for the USA arrived at Dianes this AM -= she's going to drive down to the Post Office and get them posted - sorry ik's been a long wait for everyone - but now their on the way - Yippeeee!!

Lynne

anna_66
12-15-2004, 11:39 AM
I received 7 more in the last two day:D

Thanks to:
shutterbug0303, killearn kitties, joanie, ramanth, dukedogsmom, cincy's mom & captain! They were all just lovely!!!

Kfamr
12-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I got 1 PT card today from shutterbug0303!
Thanks Judy! Gosh... I just showed my mom that picture, and said (while pointing at Sahara) "You thought Nala was big?! That's a puppy!!"

LOL

Thanks! :D

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I received 7 more in the last two day:D

Thanks to:
shutterbug0303, killearn kitties, joanie, ramanth, dukedogsmom, cincy's mom & captain! They were all just lovely!!!

Wow!! That got to you fast!! I just mailed it yesterday morning :)

Yesterday we got cards from Dukedogsmom and Barbara. Thank you both so much!

shutterbug0303
12-15-2004, 03:16 PM
I got 1 PT card today from shutterbug0303!
Thanks Judy! Gosh... I just showed my mom that picture, and said (while pointing at Sahara) "You thought Nala was big?! That's a puppy!!"

LOL

Thanks! :D

hahaha! You said it, Kay!! She is one LARGE girl! I'm going to take some measurements today and see what we're up to now. After looking at Nala compared to Sahara, I can def. see some Dane resemblance! ;) You never know! hehe

NoahsMommy
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
I checked my mail last night and got 20 cards!!!!! (PT and other) What fun!!!!!

:) Everyone's cards and pictures have been so wonderful. Thank you!

shutterbug0303
12-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Well, I'm finally getting a chance to post who I got cards from so far! :D It's been so exciting to come home to a mailbox full of cards every day!! Cards received from:

teenster3, kfamr, dukedogsmom, petslover, pitc9, lillycat, Sallyanne Smith, Jods, Noahsmommy, Wolf Q, robinh, Barbara, neko1, Cataholic, Captain, anna66, Jazzcat, Maya & Inky’s mommy, mina’smomma, Tubby & Peanut’s Mom, MommyOf3cats, k9karen, micki76, and krazyaboutkatz

Thank you so much to everyone who has participated! This has truly been a memorable Christmas with all my new PT friends!! Blessings to everyone! <><

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Today we got cards from Mommyof3cats and Shutterbug0303. What great pictures!! Thank you both :)