PDA

View Full Version : Do you like reptiles?

jlnacnud
10-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey do you like reptiles? Rate them. 1 means you despise them, 5 means you love them!

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 04:24 PM
6 :D I love my reptiles!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I like alot of them but not all. i LOVE bearded Dragons, Leopard Gecko's, Crocodiles and Alligators the most though.

tatsxxx11
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I had a chameleon as child...and oh, my brother and I once caught a garter snake as young children. We hid him from my mother in the bathtub:rolleyes: Fortuantely for him, my parents released him back to "the wild":D I think reptiles are magnificent creatures. I appreciate all in the "animal world!" I give them a ***5***!:)

dukedogsmom
10-05-2004, 04:47 PM
No way! I would have to give them a 0. Sorry folks.

Kfamr
10-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Depends on which kind of reptile. :)

Aspen and Misty
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
O yes!

I was owned by a chameleon named Peaches. I loved her so much and still miss her and her sillyness!

I rate them a 5*****

Ash

micki76
10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
6 :D

:D Same here!!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
6 :D

Ditto!

I love my Desert Tortoises. They make the neatest pets. :D

popcornbird
10-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Depends....

I like turtles and tortoises. I think most other reptiles are fascinating creatures. While some species like snakes freak me out, and others just don't appeal to me, I still think they're amazing creatures.....to look at from a safe distance. :D But like I said, it depends on what kind of reptile. I would hold a turtle, but I would get a heart attack if I came anywhere near a snake. It all depends. They are fascinating though....no matter what the species.

QueenScoopalot
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
What's not to love about this girl? :D :confused: I was late getting her breakfast one morning (no she doesn't eat at the kitchen table), but she came out of her tank, and into the kitchen looking for me! Smart girl Carmen! Maybe she wanted to visit the turtles on the table???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/CarmenandSpencer.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Psssstisthecoastclear.jpg

Carmen seeing if the 'coast is clear'?
:D :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/ReadyOrNotHereICome.jpg
The great escape artist! Now what's not to love about such a large and lovely (not to mention smart) lizard?
:confused: ;)

teenster3
10-05-2004, 08:53 PM
I like most animals although I have to say: I'm NOT fond of snakes.....in fact, I'm scared to death!!!! :eek:

kingrattus
10-05-2004, 09:04 PM
LOVE em!!

I have a Common Snapping Turtle named Axle. Ifs 15 pound of flesh ripping claws :eek: & I mean my flesh hehehe

catfancier
10-05-2004, 09:52 PM
I think they're fascinating!

I just finished an assignment about them for my VN course, and I really really enjoyed it! I don't own any (apart from fish, but they're not reptiles), and I can't believe how many people have snakes!
There aren't any snakes in NZ (apart from zoos or wildlife parks - I think), so it's really interesting watching Dr Fitz treat all those burmese pythons, iguanas and other reptiles and lizards that people can own in the States. I'm not sure I would want to own a snake, even if I lived overseas or was allowed to! (No offense to those snake lovers intended - I think they're amazing, but I don't think I would want one).

CathyBogart
10-06-2004, 03:08 AM
6!! But you all knew that already.

I have no problem if other people don't care for my pets as long as they keep "Eeew, gross!" or other such immature comments to themselves while I'm in earshot. I don't say nasty things about other peoples' pets to them, and so I don't know why I should have to listen to it from others. :)

CathyBogart
10-06-2004, 03:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wolfchan/eve1.jpg

Pure beauty.....

BitsyNaceyDog
10-06-2004, 08:29 AM
I love 'em, love 'em. love 'em.

pitc9
10-06-2004, 08:30 AM
I've never had any, I don't think I ever would... but I think they are cool!!!
As long as I don't have to touch them or feed them they are cool!
:p

CathyBogart
10-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
I've never had any, I don't think I ever would... but I think they are cool!!!
As long as I don't have to touch them or feed them they are cool!
:p

You should try handing little bits of lettuce to a teeny bearded dragon baby...it's one of the sweetest experiences ever!! (Plus, it's nice thet you're not feeding them a prey animal, but a veggie!) :)

PJ's Mom
10-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I like them as long as they belong to someone else. :D

I voted "sort of". :)

teenster3
10-07-2004, 12:34 AM
WolfChan
6!!
But you all knew that already.
I have no problem if other people don't care for my pets as long as they keep "Eeew, gross!" or other such immature comments to themselves while I'm in earshot. I don't say nasty things about other peoples' pets to them, and so I don't know why I should have to listen to it from others.

***I don't mean to say nasty things about snakes but "in pure fear", I just can't be near them! My husband made me touch one at a reptile house we visited a couple years ago. It was really cool until she decided to swing her head back & look at me........
:eek: I think I was in shock, couldn't move, & shrieked like a whiny kid! Poor snake....I probably scared it!;)
"Pure beauty"......wow, those are beautiful colors & I can't see the head so, it's cool until it sees me. But, honestly I get shivers up my spine looking at your snake. I'm such a wimp!
My dad would love to be at your house though....loves snakes, heck all animals! What kind is that???

BCBlondie
10-07-2004, 12:58 AM
I like lizards a lot... like iguanas, chameleons, and even smaller lizards. I used to have Anole Lizards.

Turtles are okay, but from my point of view, they're a little boring... :o

I used to like snakes... At camp, we used to catch garter snakes a lot. Then I watched a boy younger than me get bit by one on his finger... and then I saw a different snake hiss at my cousin. I've been scared of snakes since then. :(

CathyBogart
10-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Evelyn Eve is a Rainbow Boa.

What I don't like about Garters is their MUSK!! >.< I don't know what it is, but I have a GIFT for getting stunk up by every garte snake I touch, be it a wild snake or someone's pet. There's an animal I stay well clear of, though it's more out of disgust than fear. *giggles*

kingrattus
10-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Not all turtle r boring. Sure red eared sliders suck cause they do NOTHING.

But try having a 15 pound Common Snapping Turtle who loves to go for walks & can eat off a fork & can be called when its dinner time.. Not bad for a turtle eh??

http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album272/june_13_2004_053.sized.jpg
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album284/aug_25_2004_007.sized.jpg