PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR news lol

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 03:42 PM
I heard on the radio that Dale E. Jr was cussing in an interview and was fined, and he lost points too!!! Does anyone know anything more?

RICHARD
10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
http://www.nascar.com/

:eek: :rolleyes: :( :confused:

Vermontcat
10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I was going to post the link that Richard posted but he beat me to it.
My husband and I saw the race on TV and when they were interviewing Junior after the race he was so happy that he slipped in a four-letter word. My husband and I looked at each other and said, did we hear what we thought we heard? We just guessed that the censor wasn't quick enough to bleep it. We just thought it slipped by but it looks like they got tough with Junior even if his name is Earnhardt he couldn't get away with it.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 04:41 PM
#%&@%ing work! They banned all sports related sites, jerks. Looks like I'll have to look when Im at home :(

What four letter word did he say? The first couple of letters is all I need lol

Pam
10-05-2004, 04:44 PM
I heard sh*t :o

RICHARD
10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I heard sh*t :o

There goes his evil quotient...

Yes,

It was the 'scat' word.

snappy
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
He used the h - e double hockey sticks also.....so they got 'em twice! Too bad really - he was so darn happy winning he just plain forgot that it was on the air.

Oh well.....

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 05:46 PM
They fined him that much and cut his points because he said the evil *gasp* S word and the H word?! Give me a break! Obvously the NASCAR people havent watched any R rated movies...:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
10-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

They fined him that much and cut his points because
he said the evil *gasp* S word and the H word?!

Obvously the NASCAR people havent
watched any R rated movies... :rolleyes:

Welllllll...

I don't think the NASCAR Folks "want" to be in the same
catagory as :eek: "R-Rated Movies"! ;)

They've spent a LOTTA money promoting racing as a "FAMILY Sport" -
and want the "Family" of ALL ages to be participants and spectators.

Just ONE "loose tongue" can *upset* a LOTTA Mommies -
and *upset Mommies* may not be so willing to let their "lil Ones"
watch or attend races.

"Lil E" (or "Junior", if you prefer) has come a LONG way over
the last year to become a much better SpokesPerson for NASCAR -
he's dropped a lot of his more childish phrases and mannerisims;
and has become a sought after guest for many interviews...

A "slip" like this is bad for NASCAR *AND* his own image -
and a monetary fine is less than a slap-on-the-wrist or
washing his mouth out with soap...
Take few :eek: POINTS away - and he WILL Remember to be more
careful with what he says...
As will all the Other Drivers!

/s/ Phred

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2004, 03:06 AM
I keep forgetting the whole family aspect. Here in my area, most people who watch nascar have kids with much fouler mouths. I guess its all in where you live. Shows how much rudeness we have lol

momoffuzzyfaces
10-06-2004, 12:02 PM
WOW!
When did they start fining them for swearing? I've heard many a cuss word over the air ways from them over the years!!! It's seems to be second nature to lots of them.:eek:

RICHARD
10-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Earlier in the year another driver got sacked, fined and penalized for the same thing!

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Tisk tisk!!

Does NASCAR have a rule about the fans cursing? I hear a lot of it at work the day after the races lol

lbaker
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Did they fine or take points away from our VP when he said the "F" word on the floor of the Senate? :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Did they fine or take points away from our VP when he said the "F" word on the floor of the Senate? :eek:

*Gasp* they should have!

Lady's Human
10-08-2004, 12:10 AM
The senate floor isn't governed by FCC regulations. Live broadcasts on public airwaves are. Many drivers curse on their team frequencies, and whenever they run the radios over the air, they tape delay them. The victory lane ceremonies are (were) aired live. Jr. was fined because should the FCC choose to do so, they could fine NASCAR and NBC the same way they fined CBS for Janet Jackson's halftime escapade.

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
So instead of a Wardrobe malfunction DE jr. had a speech malfunction? ;)

snappy
10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Don't forget - this was all said on a SUNDAY!! :eek: :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-08-2004, 01:33 PM
No wonder people are so irritated! Wow, never made that connection until now :p

momoffuzzyfaces
10-10-2004, 01:06 PM
They are racing in Kansas today! YIPEEEE!
I hope they get the entire race in. We are getting rain from tropical storm (or what ever it is) Matthew!

The announcers said that a 5 second delay will be used today to try and prevent any problems with language slip ups. A slip up today could cost a championship! That would be awful!:eek:

RICHARD
10-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
The senate floor isn't governed by FCC regulations. Live broadcasts on public airwaves are. Many drivers curse on their team frequencies, and whenever they run the radios over the air, they tape delay them. The victory lane ceremonies are (were) aired live. Jr. was fined because should the FCC choose to do so, they could fine NASCAR and NBC the same way they fined CBS for Janet Jackson's halftime escapade.

Good golly....

I was watching "John Q" on TBS on saturday.

I heard the AH word and thought to myself....Did I hear that?

The problem with the FCC regs is that they are too vague.

I was watching another program with quite a bit of editing in it and there was an EFF word that made it on the tube...

I understand the difference between broadcast, cable and subscription channels but this is getting too crazy....:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Well, the networks can certainly never show GONE WITH THE WIND again.

I can just hear Rhett saying, "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a flying fig!":D