PDA

View Full Version : Hey Aly - Chance is becoming popular in TN

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I showed my sister some pictures of Chance when she was here yesterday and she emailed me today asking me to send them to her at work to show her coworkers who are huge catlovers. She ended up printing one off and they now have it hanging in their office at the hospital where she works. She's in upper east TN close to the NC border.

On top of that she had me email it to her daughter who is now in love with Chance too. My niece (who is my younger twin) will be graduating college in Dec. and may be heading to Dallas to job search. I told her I bet you would be willing to bring him to Dallas. My neice and her husband already have a cat and a jack russell terrier. I know she would love to have more. If they end up moving to TX maybe we can convince them to adopt the boys.

aly
10-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Oh wow, that makes me feel good :) I've been stressed lately because I've had these sweet boys way too long. The only thing that makes me feel better though is that they are SUCH adjustable cats and I'm sure they'll fit right into a new home. They even like going to the vet (well, Chance does!).

I'd drive these boys to almost anywhere on the map if it meant they'd have a wonderful home, so Dallas would be simple! It is just 3 hours away :)

I'm so attached that I wish I could keep them, but I just can't care for this many cats permanently. Also, Lucky and Chance are my two most adoptable ones so I'd feel really guilty keeping them when I could easily place them. *sigh*

Hopefully something will work out for my sweet boys. It seems like every time I get hope, something happens and we're back to square one. It is really disappointing. But they're currently spoiled rotten so I'm sure they don't mind waiting longer.

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
I forgot to tell you that my niece's cat, Rugby, had pancreatitis (sp?) when she adopted him from the shelter at about 8 months of age. He had to eat special food and had some serious digestive problems for months and then he just got over it. The vet had told her that Rugby might not live long but she's had him 2 1/2 years now and he is perfectly healthy.

Barbara
10-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Just to make sure that your sister knows she'd be much happier with two cats:D

catcrazylady
10-06-2004, 05:38 AM
How cool would that be? Keeping the boys in the extended PT family! Fngers crossed here.:D

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Oh, I know, I'm trying. I want him or I want someone who will take great care of him and share him PT to have him (praying it works out for WolfQ). That is why I was thinking I'd get my niece hooked on him and then if she moved to the Dallas area she will be close enough to adopt him. I'm hoping they are still planning to interview there. My brother lives there and they've told him that is their plan, to come find jobs there and move down.

catmandu
10-06-2004, 09:39 AM
That would be great,if Chance,went to a home,with another Cat,and were you can keep,touch,with how he is doing! Tahnk You,for giving Cahnce,a second chance,at a Happy Home!

aly
10-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Chance is doing great :) He seems to be completely over his sickness, but I'm still going to do further testing to see if I can pinpoint the cause. It certainly is scary when it happens, but the combination of the fever reducer shots and antibiotics put him right back on his feet both times.

jazzcat
10-06-2004, 01:06 PM
:D :D
That's what I like to hear about my little baked bean boy.

catfamily
10-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh I hope she takes Chance too.And I love your new Siggy Jazzcat.The 2 new kittens on it made big smiles on me.:D :D