PDA

View Full Version : Can't have just one

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I've been discussing things with the hubby and it looks like we are getting another kitty! My MIL has two cats and she might have to give her female, Isabo away. Well, we know Remus adores her (He spent some time over at the MILs and they got along great) and realistically MIL's male, Draco is better off as an only cat. He tolerates Isabo but it isn't the best relationship in the world (he can get real mean). Also, I worked with Isabo in the adoption center when I worked at PetSmart, and was the one who adopted her to begin with. I really do love that silly girl! Imagine a big grey fluffy Maine Coon thats as bouncy as Remus!

If for some reason MIL decides to keep Isabo, we are looking into getting a female playmate for Remus. From past experences with other cats, we figure he will get along best with either a "mom" type kitty or a kitten a bit younger than him. Im leaning more toward the adult cat option, as I don't want to cause dominance issues later on. Remus has to be top cat unless the other kitty is older (Isabo is about 3 or 4 right now). Remus has demonstrated with Isabo, that he really likes having a momma cat around. (Isabo, although fixed, really radiates the momma cat vibe) I don't know why, anyone have ideas?

Well I have my fingers crossed that I get Isabo, if not its down to the shelter to look for a momma for my boy! :D

cloverfdx
10-05-2004, 11:26 AM
What exciting news :D. Good luck with either adopting Isabo (Cute name) or finding Remus and Hoomans the perfect cat. Please keep us updated.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
What exciting news :D. Good luck with either adopting Isabo (Cute name) or finding Remus and Hoomans the perfect cat. Please keep us updated.

Anyone guess what movie the name Isabo comes from? :D

cloverfdx
10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Anyone guess what movie the name Isabo comes from?
Nope :o.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Its old and kind of corny lol :)

kimlovescats
10-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Oh, oh ,oh... YES, Remus needs a partner in crime!!!:eek: :D

catnapper
10-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Well its about time Remus got a sister! :D No idea where the name comes from, but I think its pretty.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
I'll just tell you all! The name comes from the movie Ladyhawke. Isabo is the girl that turns into a hawk during the day and her lover turns into a wolf at night. The spelling is different though :)

trinity
10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Awesome movie! Great name for a cat as well...good luck!

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Yay DJ!!! Remus needs a buddy. Now don't you want to come to TN and get one of Kim's adorable babies? Or how about a trip to TX for Chance and Lucky? They could show Remus a thing or two about being a big cat.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
LOL believe me, if I could take that long of a road trip I would adopt one of Kims little guys in a heartbeat!!

cubby31682
10-05-2004, 04:50 PM
YAY! Good for you on getting another cat, and not just any cat but an adult cat. I can't wait to hear his antics with the new kitty which ever one you get.