PDA

View Full Version : Found Cats - Minnesota

Fawn_cat
04-17-2001, 12:21 PM
Too often there are too many good samaritans in Minnesota who find an animal and think that it is lost - Cats have been known to wander 6 to 10 miles in a day and return home.

I wonder about the girl who goes up to Duluth Hibbing, Virginia area and finds a pet on the street and takes it all the way down to Hennepin County Humane Society/

Doesn't she realize that the owner will not know to look 350 miles away from his or her house to find their pet.

According the the state laws that were passed in the 2000 legislature that is now considered theft and punishable by the penal codes - felony.

It is also now the responsibility of anyone who finds a pet to publish it with a picture in the local Newspaper where it is found for a period of 10 days.

In Minnesota there are many areas that do not have any cat ordinances - which means legally that a cat may wander on the streets of that specific City - A few that I am aware of our Wayzata, Orono, Medina, Corcoran --

Understand that since a cat is has a legal right to wander in these cities it is stealing to pick one of them up and punishable by being put in jail and/or a huge fine.

A person that I am aware of that lives in one of these cities let her cat out to go to the bathroom and went to answer the phone - within a minute or 2 she was back to call her kid(cat back in to the house) but the cat was gone - Within 5 minutes the local impound facility called her and told her that they had her cat and that someone had brought it in. This cat had a collar and tags.

People you have to understand that cats act differently than dogs - If you do not feed them they will return home.

BUT WHAT IF YOU FEED A CAT THAT HAS FUS AND OF COURSE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THAT - DO YOU REALIZE WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THAT CAT - AS A CAT WITH FUS NEEDS SPECIAL FOOD AND AT TIMES SPECIAL MEDICINE - - THEN CAT COULD DIE INSTANTLY.

------------------
"God loves all animals -
Let the light of God and
His only Son Lord Jesus
Christ shine down upon
those whom are lost and
find there way home through His light.