PDA

View Full Version : Another great adoption day at Cats4Keeps!!!

kimlovescats
10-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Today was busy, busy! I am thrilled to announce that Josephine's two remaining boys were adopted .... TOGETHER!!!!
They went home with a wonderful couple who has years of experience with a kitty who lived some 16 or so years! :eek:
The boys will be inside only, and spoiled wrotten. This couple was in love with both of them, and I even gave her the URL for Pet Talk. ;) She doesn't have a computer at home, but I'm hoping she will use whatever access she has to join us, so we can watch two more of Josephine's baby grow up!!!:D

Also from the five girl litter .... one of them was also adopted today! She was the tortie baby who looked like she had a little moustache! A real sweetheart!

Sirrahbed, I had mentioned that the one little black kitten was staying with my vet over the weekend? She was hypothermic .... body temp down to 97, should be around 101!~ :eek: Well, usually hypothermia means death is coming ... well, I told my baby that she had to hang in there, and my vet was very skeptical. She actually only took her home because she said I had been through enough, and she didn't want me to have to watch her pass away.

Well, Dr. LaValley called me last night and said that little girl had made an amazing recovery and I could pick her up today!!! She is runnin and playing with the rest of them, eating well, pooping well, and warm as toast!!!!:D

My baby listened to me just as I had said! Of course, God answered my prayers as well!!!:D

DogLover9501
10-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Yay :D :D

It sounds like the boys have a great home!! I hope she will join PT!

So much GREAT news!! :D :D :D

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2004, 01:02 AM
So glad that all these babies were adopted out to wonderful homes! What a fullfilling experience for you Kim. I am also glad that the lil black kitty was ok. I will be praying for her as well. Have a good night, and again , CONGRATS on all the great adoptions!:D

catnapper
10-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Way to go there at Cats4Keeps! All those kitties are finding great homes!

catmandu
10-05-2004, 08:53 AM
That is the best day,of any Cats life,to have that Furr Ever Home,and the Found Cats,are pleased,that those Little Ones,are now getting,a second chance,and that they are in a GREAT NEW PLace,thanks to you!

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Wow Kim, that is wonderful news about the boy kittens and the 5th baby. I heard you telling Debbie about her and I just stayed back because I didn't want to get upset thinking about it.

So now from Josephine's litter you only have Hannah and Rebecca right? I tried so hard to get my sister to take Hannah but she said she's at her pet limit right now with two cats and two dogs and she keep sher daughter's cat and dog when they travel.

I hope whoever is lucky enough to adopt them will join PT so I can see how stunning she is when she grows up.

Things are going well for Cats4Keeps, congrats Kim!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow, great news Kim! I'm so happy the little baby wasn't needed at RB.

Just curious, did the other babies find their furrever homes through your new petfinder site? I sure hope so because that would mean that it's working and the "word" is getting out about you and your kitty rescue. :D

chrangharris
10-05-2004, 10:50 AM
YEAH- what awesome news!!!!!

sirrahbed
10-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Sirrahbed, I had mentioned that the one little black kitten was staying with my vet over the weekend?
Well, Dr. LaValley called me last night and said that little girl had made an amazing recovery and I could pick her up today!!!
YES! Wonderful answer to prayers!! I was thinking of that little girl while I was trying to fall asleep. YAY!!
..and terrific news about Cody and Trevor going home together:D I really hope Josephine's babies go to happy homes. I just feel a special heart tug for that sweet mama cat and am praying that she will also go to someone who will love her, fatten her up and treat her like a princess so she can retire from all of her labor and hard work. (I think both Robbie and Lizzie have her sweet facial expression)
Hurray for Cat4Keeps!!

kimlovescats
10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Josephine will soon be spayed, and I'm sure once she is done with all the nursing and high-calorie burning, she will fill out nicely! She is really enjoying having the run of the house now, but boy is she still full of milk. Poor girl, I don't think I could get her far enough from her babies to make her quit producing!!!:rolleyes: ;)

catfamily
10-05-2004, 02:48 PM
This is great news Kim.Thanks to you,many kittens and cats are having a life worth living full of love and care.:D :D

christa
10-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Wow Kim, could this thread be any fuller of happy news???!!! I'm so glad that the two boys went together . . . that's the best way! And your story about the little chilly kitten . . . well, that's GREAT news!!! I'd say you are overjoyed to go pick that little baby up!!!

It should be days like this that really makes you feel great for what you are doing with Cats 4 Keeps!!!

rg_girlca
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
http://www.gifpix.de/smilies/1/huepf.gifhttp://www.gifpix.de/smilies/1/klatsch.gif This is such great news Kim and i'm so glad to hear that the little black baby is doing much better.

Congratulations Kim, I am so happy for you.:)

jenluckenbach
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Congratulations :D

QueenScoopalot
10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Kim, Great news! If you start getting a little thin on adoptables, I can arrange to get some over to you somehow! ;) :D :) never a shortage around this area! :rolleyes:

lisalee
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Congratulations!! I hope many more find there forever homes. :)

leslie
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
i am so happy for your adoptions going well and especially your "near death" baby proving the vet wrong! Isn't that just great? Why was she hypothermic? Ewww... I hope you like your vet a lot, what ever was done seems to have been the right thing! Is she completely out of the woods now?

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2004, 12:04 AM
This is wonderful news Kim!!!:D

catcrazylady
10-06-2004, 07:18 AM
I don't htink I could get a bigger grin on my face!! All these adoptions are so wonderful!!
Is it the website or did you manage to get your name out by word of mouth somehow?
No matter how it got started I'm just overjoyed for you that it did!!

I'm really glad to hear that the little baby is doing so good. Another prayer answered!