PDA

View Full Version : Seasons

wolf_Q
10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
After reading some of the replies in my Autumn pics thread I started thinking about this...

Do you have defined seasons where you live?

That's one thing that I like about Utah. We have a definite Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. In the spring it is greener and usually there's still some snow on the mountain tops. In the summer it gets pretty hot and dry usually. The fall is breezy with the changing leaf colors. And in the winter we have snow, some years more than others! Although sometimes the seasons are kind of crazy! I've had it snow on my birthday (June) and we've had years with almost no snow for Christmas!

Uabassoon
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
We have no seasons. Just hot, a little less hot, not really hot, getting hot and then back to just hot.

BCBlondie
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, we definitely have Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

Spring - Green, rainy but somewhat sunny, trees and flowers blooming.

Summer - Yellow (as in, dried grass lol), warm - hot..

Fall - Starts getting colder and leaves start falling, and it starts being more cloudy and we get a couple rains...

Winter - Everything is dead, and it's constantly either cloudy or raining. And sooo cold. >.<

This year we almost had like a winter during the summer though. :( It was always cold and raining! Grrr!! I wanted the sun and heat!!

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Spring: usually rainy,warming up some,everything starting to bloom again
Summer: hot and humid(last two summers non-stop rain,but not suppose to)
Fall: starts to cool off,leaves falling
Winter: cold, and *snow* (last winter lots of ice)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-05-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
We have no seasons. Just hot, a little less hot, not really hot, getting hot and then back to just hot.

LOL - you would feel right at home in Bahrain!!!

talia22
10-05-2004, 05:51 AM
WOLF OUR SEASONS ARE PRETTY MUCH LIKE YOURS. I AM IN MI

nibblets
10-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Living in Missouri we get all four seasons, and everything in between. Our weather can change drastically from one day to the next. We can literally go from A/C to the furnace in a matter of days. Our trees are just now starting to change color a little bit. Fall is my favorite time of year.

dukedogsmom
10-05-2004, 06:45 AM
We don't get squat :(. Hot and hotter is about it. If we're lucky, a couple of cool months in December-February. Totally sucks. That's why I'm so looking forward to going to Ohio in November.

Samantha Puppy
10-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Maryland definitely has 4 defined seasons, unless we have a fluke like 2003... it snowed starting December 2002 to April 2003. Then it was Spring (chilly and rainy) all the way to October, when it warmed up to summerlike temps for a month (my dad was cutting grass in mid-November). And then it turned REALLY cold again in December 2003 though it didn't snow nearly as much as the previous one.

micki76
10-05-2004, 08:31 AM
We have spring from March to April, and then it’s just HOT (topping out in the 110’s F) until mid to late October. It cools down some then, and things start to die. It gets cold around January and stays that way until mid to late February, sometimes with a day or so of ice or light snow.

Really we just have a loooonnnnggg summer here. YUCK! :p

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
We have the normal seasons here in KY, though this year it was unusually hot, humid, and rainy. (yuch) :p

ramanth
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Michigan gets seasonal weather. :D I like it. I just don't like the cold that comes with snow. :rolleyes: ;) :D

We still have quite a few green trees around here. Only a few are changing color, but I'm sure the Upper Pennisula is seeing a lot of color. :D

pitc9
10-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
Spring: usually rainy,warming up some,everything starting to bloom again
Summer: hot and humid(last two summers non-stop rain,but not suppose to)
Fall: starts to cool off,leaves falling
Winter: cold, and *snow* (last winter lots of ice)

Yep.. that's about it here in Ohio!

I live in the SnowBelt, I get all the snow that comes off of Lake Erie. So I gets TONS & TONS of snow!
I don't mind at all, neither do the pups!
:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
This year has been kind of wierd. Summer didn't really get as hot as usual (Although it was cruddy hot nonetheless) and a few weeks ago it went from being over 90 out to about 40 out and spitting snow to about 80 again in two days :p

Looks like its going to be a nasty wet winter too :(

Usually we get about one to two months on the either side of summer that is pleasnt to be out in, the rest of the year its either too hot or too cold lol!

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Yes we have all four seasons and I love it. I don't think I could handle somewhere that was hot most the time.

slleipnir
10-05-2004, 10:23 AM
We have REALLY cold, snowy winters, warm (sometimes cool) spring, warm (sometimes REALLY hot) summer and warm/cool fall. But man, you haven't felt winter until you've been here.

lovemyshiba
10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
We definitely have defined seasons here.

Fall is crisp and cool, with the leaves changing and sun shining, Winter is snowy and cold, or just cold, Spring is bright, wet and warmer, and summers are hot usually.

cloverfdx
10-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes we have all four seasons although our Winters tend to stick around much longer. And it snowed a few weeks back :eek: and it is Spring. Last Summer we also got some realy HOT days but also days that were cool. I cannot wait for Summer, only a month or so until it realy warms up. :D

EssTer
10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
I think in Iceland we have all four seasons....

Winter - usually with snow, but not always.. we havent cold winters here - lowest temperature in my place is about -10°C

Spring - when all starts to grow, warming up....

Summer - all is green, temperature about 10 to 15 °C. Nice summers LOL, thought not too hot...

Autumn -worst season ever!!!!! we have LOOOOOTS of rain and wind... wind is REALLY strong...

popcornbird
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
While we don't get snow here, we still have all 4 seasons. They're definitely not as extreme as other places, but they're still 4 different seasons. :p

Spring is usually beautiful, with everything blooming, nice weather, new leaves....typical spring.

Summer temperatures range from 70 degrees to 100 degrees, depending on the day....so our summers tend to be warm-hot. We have almost no humidity, so summers are dry.....everything's dry. Hills/mountains are all *yellowish-brown* during the summer. We often have forest fires in wooded areas. This summer was unusually cool though. While we did get a heat wave in early September, the rest of the summer was quite cool.

During fall, the weather begins to cool and leaves begin to fall. The *weather* is very similar to our spring weather these days, but you can tell the season's different because everything's beginning to die, unlike spring, when everything's blooming.

Winter is cold.......certainly not cold for people from other states, but its cold for us. ;) Its cold enough to need a sweater/jacket/socks etc. when you go out, but not cold enough for gloves/hats. :p We get lots of snow on the mountains, but nothing where we live. Winter is our rainy season, and while we have sunshine throughout the year, we get most of our rain in the winter, and in early spring.

Crikit
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
We have the following seasons

almost Winter
Winter
Still Winter
and Spring

;)

But really are seasons are kind of messed up here. We can have snow anywhere from August to well June (it has happened before honest it has) but at the same time we can also have days in the middle of winter where the rest of the country is in the minuses and people are walking around Calgary with out coats on because it's in the high teens thanks to a chinook.

For the most part though you can usually tell the seasons apart here. Right now however the temp is in the mid 20's which is very nice for early October.

Kfamr
10-05-2004, 06:04 PM
What are seasons? :rolleyes:

We've got chilly and hotter than hell.
Those are our 'seasons'

ParNone
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
We have Summer and Other. :)

In Summer, it's really hot (90s and 100s) and humid. During the rest of the year, we probably average 70 degrees. We have a lot of Evergreen trees here, so not much in the way of Fall color. But we also don't get the dead look during Winter. No snow. We'll get cold days here and there, but there's plenty of days where we're in shorts and have the a/c running. Flowers start blooming in the Spring, but we'll still have ones blooming throughout Summer and Fall too.

Par...

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Crikit
We have the following seasons
almost Winter
Winter
Still Winter
and Spring

That was very well said:D

catfancier
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
We have all 4 defined seasons - of course opposite of the northern hemisphere. In Wellington we don't get snow (too close to sea level), but it gets bloody cold (my car has iced over a few times) in winter, then still chilly but sunnier (spring, that's what it's like now, with mother nature having fun turning the tap on and off as she pleases so I'm constantly batoning down the hatches and tying them back up on my rabbit hutch), warm, lazy summers but not really ever hot anymore, and cool, sunny autumns.

AND ALWAYS WIND!