PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my little Peanut

QueenScoopalot
10-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Peanut's in the animal hospital. :( She's been in a snappy little mood all morning with the two big dogs, Greta in particular. She was nipping at Greta this morning over food, and they each had their own dish, but Peanut wanted it all. I was out later doing errands, and luckily my husband was still home. Greta had it with her (Greta weighs over 100 Lbs. Peanut not even 5 Lbs) and bit Peanut. :( I came home to the front door open, and blood all over the kitchen floor. Thinking a cat got hurt somehow I looked for blood elsewhere, not even thinking it could have been Peanut who's usually snuggled under a blanket on the couch surrounded by cats. I called hubby's cell phone and he told me Peanut was at the vets. Her breathing was very labored, her heart rate had dropped, her eye was popped out of the socket. The vet stabilized her heartbeat with atropine, put her on IV fluids, and a catheter and kept the eye moistened. Peanut stabilized enough to be able to be put under, and her eye was stitched into the socket. No telling if the eye will be saved or not at this point. My poor little girl came so close to losing her life. Greta is not food aggressive in anyway, and never has been. She'll let kittens eat with her even, so all I can figure is Peanut bit her in a sensitive area like her nostril, or lip, and Greta got annoyed, and 'corrected' her not knowing her own strength. :( It's been a horrible afternoon. :(

micki76
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh, no! :( Poor Peanut! :( Good thoughts coming her way.

I know you said her eye may still be in jeopardy, but her she's otherwise stable, correct?

captain
10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Oh Peanut,
Come on baby ....... get well soon .......

Prayers coming your way!!!

countrycowgirl
10-04-2004, 08:09 PM
oh no poor peanut!:(
prayers coming your way sweetie

senorita02
10-04-2004, 08:10 PM
oh no poor peanut , i hope she will be better soon, let us know!

QueenScoopalot
10-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Oh, no! :( Poor Peanut! :( Good thoughts coming her way.

I know you said her eye may still be in jeopardy, but her she's otherwise stable, correct?

She was in too much pain for the vet to examine her head area, or do Xrays of it. Her breathing was very labored at first, but her lungs, spine (from neck down) legs and all looked fine. I hope she doesn't have a crushed sinus cavity, or a skull fracture. The vet felt she was stable enough to undergo the surgery to put her eye back in, and just before they closed she was coming out of anesthesia. I'm sure the vet examined her face and head after she was traquilized. Poor Peanut...she's like glue to me. :( I hope once she's well again she doesn't keep up this "big dog syndrome" B.S! :rolleyes:

shutterbug0303
10-04-2004, 09:22 PM
"F e778jtkgfkrdgtf5.,54"

That was a little feel better to Peanut message from Chloe, who wanted to touch the keyboard as soon as I started reading about your poor baby! Chloe and I are both sending "get well's" and prayers!!!! Feel better soon, Peanut!!!!!!!!

Blessings <><

trayi52
10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh no! Poor Peanut! Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way and Peanuts way, Jan.

Willie

kingrattus
10-04-2004, 10:22 PM
poor little thing. I also hope she stops the big dog thing, she very lucky the big dog didn't kill her on the spot, being so tiny. Does ur big dog know shes done wrong? I've seen some dogs feel guilt or just know they've done wrong. I hope all doggies feel better soon.

tatsxxx11
10-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Oh no!!! Poor little Peanut:( We're keeping your little baby in our prayers, Jan. Sometimes the big kids don't know their own strength:( Hoping for some good news today. {{{HUGS}}} Sanrda, Cody and Star

talia22
10-05-2004, 05:53 AM
POOR PEANUT!LET US KNOW HOW SHE IS

delidog
10-05-2004, 06:45 AM
Oh Poor Little Peanut,
Thoughts and Prayers are with You

Get Better Soon,Little Peanut!!!!

And Please Stop the Big Dog Thing!!!!

Logan
10-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Jan, I will definitely keep your little Peanut in my prayers. I hope she had a good night and will be more comfortable today.

pitc9
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Oh Dear God... please be with Peanut and her family!!!

Please keep us updated!

LorraineO
10-05-2004, 07:58 AM
oh dear,, how frightening for all concerned,, keep us posted!!

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Poor Peanut! Thoughts and prayers coming her way.

anna_66
10-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh poor little Peanut:(

I hope that she's going to be ok. Please keep us updated.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers today.

micki76
10-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Any updates?

Tina
10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Poor Peanut:(

I hope that she feels better soon!

Albea
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
How's Peanut doing? Prayers and good thoughts going your way with best wishes for a quick recovery.

KYS
10-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Poor Peanut, I will be sending many good thoughts
your way.

My vet said he sees more bites from dogs protecting
their food bowls.

molucass
10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Oh no! That's terrible!

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for little Peanut.

The same thing happened to my aunts Boston terrier.. Their doberman went after him and his eye popped out of socket (on Halloween of all nights). He's fine now, but he has very limited vision in his eye.

cloverfdx
10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Get well wishes and prayers on the way for little Peanut. :(

Canis Amicus
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
My toughts are with Peanut.

Rosana
and Rex

Jods
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry little peanut :( Hope you get well soon. Peanut get well soon!! I'll send some prayers for you .
Jodie

robinh
10-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Prayers for Peanut. Hope we hear good news.

QueenScoopalot
10-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Peanut's being discharged today (I'm afraid to see what she looks like). :( Vet told me Peanut's jaw was dislocated to top everything else off. It will be a good 6 weeks of healing, and even then her jaw may only work just so well. Wet food from here on until her jaw heals better....I should have had them shave her rump if I knew her diet was going to be wet food. :rolleyes: Poop sticks too easily to her fur. It's going to be a tough road for the little girl. I'm dreading seeing what she looks like, but want her home where she's happiest. ;)

cloverfdx
10-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Glad to hear Peanut is coming home :). More get well wishes and healing prayers on the way.

LorraineO
10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
oh,, who cares what she looks like,,, just as long as she is getting better,, right?? hugs to lil Peanut....

pitc9
10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear she'll be home soon.

Prayers and well wishes on their way to Peanut for a speedy recovery!!

shutterbug0303
10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Mom will take great care of you while you're healing Peanut! Feel great soon...and watch that poopie! hehe {{{Peanut}}} Feel Better soon!!!!

QueenScoopalot
10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
My little girl's home (well has been for hours now). She's in a large carrier with a nice soft fake lambie skin, and a heating pad. She seems like her spirit is gone, but she's had so much trauma in the last two days. :( I've been feeding her A/D which is nice a sloppy, but she'd much rather lick it off my fingers, than out of a dish. She took her antibiotics without even noticing. I took out her leash and once she saw it, a tiny wag of her tail started up! :) I carried her outside, and she did her piddling, but wanted back in right away. She's having a tough time navigating with the lampshade around her neck, and one eye sewn shut. Greta & Spencer have been going up to her carrier wagging their tails at her. They don't understand why their buddy is in jail. Well sometime she's like a flea with them nipping and yipping, but they always ignored her. :rolleyes: Poor little girl loves sleeping in bed with us, but I can't have her jumping around until her jaw is more stabilized. She's warm and snug, and has a full tummy anyway. I wish I could fit in the carrier with her.:( *sigh*

LorraineO
10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
sounds like what youre doing is just fine,, and that Peanut appreciates it.. hang in there!!

KYS
10-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Glad Peanut is home,
Sending her many hugs and healing wishes to
get better soon.

Give her a hug from me. (((^..^)))