PDA

View Full Version : The Results Are In....

K & L
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
And it's not good:( Hazel has cancer:( and it's the aggressive kind. We can be referred to an Ononcologist but I'm afraid funds will not allow this. I guess all we can do is make her as comfortable as possible and hope this gives her a little more time of quality life.:( I'm so sad.

cubby31682
10-04-2004, 12:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will think and pray for you often.

nibblets
10-04-2004, 12:12 PM
I am so sorry. Hazel is in wonderful hands. She is in my prayers that she is comfortable and at peace until it is time for her to go.

DJFyrewolf36
10-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Poor Hazel. At least you are making her as comfortable as possible. I will pray for her, prayer can do very powerful things!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh no. :( I'm so sorry, Lisa. Hopefully they got most of it out so Hazel can be around for a little while longer yet. :(

{{{hugs}}} to you and sweet smoochies to Hazel for being such a good girl through all of this. :(

emily_the_spoiled
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I so sorry to read about Hazel. She was looking so good in the pictures you posted this weekend...:( :(

catcrazylady
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Oh I am so heartbroken to hear this. I just knew this would have a better outcome. I still think you did the right thing and you have helped Hazel to feel better for as long as possible. I hope that is still a very long time.
God Bless you and Hazel. Prayers for you, your family and special prayers for sweet and precious Hazel.

slick
10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh Lisa how heartbreaking. Please let little Hazel know that all the Pet Talkers love her and I'm sending you huge prayers for you and her. Bless you for being there for her.

Craftlady
10-04-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this about Hazel.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. She looks so good in the photos, thats the sad part.

Grace
10-04-2004, 12:38 PM
D*MN!!

Just give her tons of love for however long she has, and know that she was truly content at the end of her long life.

jazzcat
10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh Lisa I am so sorry.:(

K & L
10-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Thank you all. Why do I have to hear news like this when I'm at work? I can't hardly function now. Hazel's age doesn't help matters either. I just feel so sick right now.

Grace, you're right, I will give her love and caring till the end. Hopefully the surgery has added her a little quality time.

Barbara
10-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I am so sorry for you. However, Hazel is so lucky that she found you. It will give her a nice evening of her life:( :)

kuhio98
10-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm so sorry that the news is bad. You are in our thoughts and prayers and if there is anything else we can do, please let us know. :(

RedHedd
10-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Grace
D*MN!!

Just give her tons of love for however long she has, and know that she was truly content at the end of her long life.

I'm so sorry, Lisa. I hope dear Hazel has a peaceful time of it during her final days/months with you. I've been through this with my RB Goldie and know how heart wrenching it is. Be gentle with yourselves.

lizzielou742
10-04-2004, 12:57 PM
:( :( :( :(

I am so sad to read this. Words are failing me now, so all I can say is give her lots of love from all of us.

:( :( :( :(

kimlovescats
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so very sad for you and Hazel. But as you know, this happens, and I feel certain that you were to be her Guardian Angel through her final days. I know this will be very hard for you, but Hazel will be so comfortable and loved with you by her side as she crosses over.

Hugs to you sweet friend!
Kim:(

lynnestankard
10-04-2004, 01:15 PM
:( :(

Oh Lisa - I'm so unhappy. Hazel looked so good in the photos yesterday I was hoping against hope the news would be good.

{{{Hugs}}} across the miles Lisa - I know you're going to spoil that sweet furlady in her remaining time. We'll be with you all the way xxx

Lynne

rg_girlca
10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh Gosh, I was not expecting this at all. I am so, so sorry. Such heartwrenching news.

For whatever time she has left on this earth, I know she will be greatly loved and cared for.

You will both be in my prayers.

Hugs and kisses to you sweet girl.

(((((HUGS))))) for you Lisa.

catnapper
10-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh no! Poor Hazel. I know you will do everything you can to make sure she is comfortable and peaceful til her final moment, Prayers and hugs to you and Hazel.

nibblets
10-04-2004, 02:01 PM
My dog nephew Rocky was diagnosed with bone cancer and they said he wouldn't last more than 3 months...but close to a year later he finally had to leave for the Bridge. I am convinced that the reason he lived longer and fought hard was out of the love and care he received from my sister in law and my brother...and all the rest of the people in Rocky's world. The power of love is an amazing force.

aguu
10-04-2004, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. So sorry. Poor sweetie.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2004, 03:13 PM
What terrible news - I am so sorry. You have given Hazel such a wonderful life, and now her remaining time here will be filled with care and love. That's the most anyone can do :( (((HUGS)))

Logan
10-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Kevin and Lisa, I have expressed, over and over, my feelings about the love and care Hazel has received while in your care. I won't change my message now. I'm just so glad she is with you, regardless of what the future holds for her.

We love you, sweet Hazel.

Felicia's Mom
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I am sorry to hear this. Hazel will be in my prayers.

jenluckenbach
10-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Lisa, I am so sorry. I tried so hard to be optimistic. :( And I want to try to continue to be so. As I am sure the opreation has made her MUCH more comfortable. And you will still be able to shower her with love and affection (Unlike if she passed while on the operating table). {{{{HUGS}}}}

carole
10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
I am also very sad to hear this, Dear Hazel may the time you have left be peaceful, without suffering or pain, and may Lisa be given the strength and comfort she needs to help Hazel through this , to the RB, HUGS to you Lisa and scritches for Dear Hazel.

shais_mom
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
aawww I am so sorry - hugs to you and your precious crew. :(

catfamily
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
OMG I'm so so sorry.Poor Hazel.I'm lost for words.This is so terribly sad.I really am sorry.I hope she doesn't have too much pain right now.
Lots of hugs and kissess please from us.

Corinna
10-04-2004, 07:16 PM
I can't really say anything new but just to add {{{hugs}}} to you and Hazel. :(

Karen
10-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Sweet Hazel will, I am sure, have the best care until the end of her days. Love like so many poor kitties never receive will be showered upon her, and her days will be wrapped in our prayers that will tuck around her like an old quilt. A kitty could not wish for anything more.

Miss Meow
10-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Oh no, what a dreadful shock. I'm so sorry :(

She will be eternally grateful for all the love and care you've given her, regardless of how much time she has left.

{{{hugs}}}

QueenScoopalot
10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Hazel. She came through the surgery looking like she never had any, and now this. :( Just remember, if you didn't find her, and her you, her life may have been so much shorter, and miserable. She's loved very much by you and your husband, and it shows how happy she is. It's not the quantity, but the quality. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2004, 11:43 PM
What terrible news. I'm so sorry.:( Hazel will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Oh, what terrible news:( I am so very sorry, for you, your family , and of course Hazel. But I am sure she knows you are doing all you can for her, and her last time here on earth will be as happy as possible. You are a kind person to try so hard for her, and she knows this. I will be praying for her, you and your family. *gentle kisses* for Hazel. again, I am really so sorry. :(

sirrahbed
10-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Lisa - I am sad and sorry to hear that Hazel has cancer. I can only be thankful and hopeful that the surgery has prolonged her life, eased her suffering and and given her additional time to bask in your love. THIS is a wonderful blessing for Hazel.
Still, I know you're in great pain and sadness that the news was not as you hoped - and for that I am so sorry:(
((((HUGS))))

Killearn Kitties
10-05-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Hazel. I know the time she has left will be full of love and you will make her as comfortable as she can possibly be.

Sending lots of love to you and Hazel.

cruisetime
10-05-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry! I just brought my first cat home and I just can't bear the thought of when I might loose her. My prayers go out to Hazel and you - so glad she has someone who loves her.. Debbie

catmandu
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
WE are so sorry,to hear,the Sad News,about Hazel,and The Found Cats,are saying prayers,that she will be be in pain,and that her passing,will come,with the peace,and dignity,thaty she deserves!

mina'smomma
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm sooo sorry to hear about Hazel. I know you will make her feel very comfortable and she was well loved. Mina and I send hugs and prayers for you and yours.:(

K & L
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Thank you all! I just haven't felt much like chatting, but I do appreciate all the kind words here. At this point Hazel seems to be doing fairly well. Maybe we'll get a couple more years from this surgery. One can only hope.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by K & L
I just haven't felt much like chatting,

No problem at all, Lisa. We wouldn't expect you to feel like chatting when you hear news like this. Just know that we are here for you if you do feel like it, or if you just need a strong shoulder to lean on.