PDA

View Full Version : A bird of a "different" type.....

Logan
10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Not a great picture, but you can't imagine how surprised Helen and I were to see this enormous Hawk fly up and land on a huge sculpture outside of our County Art Museum! His wing span was gorgeous!!!!! :)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce25b3127cceb78ed5b5e29b0000001610

K9soul
10-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Wow, that is beautiful! :eek: I just love seeing the raptor type birds up close, they are stunning!

popcornbird
10-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow!!! I've been seeing hawks like that around our area lately, but haven't been able to get a picture of them. That's one of the reasons I got the tiels a small cage to take them outside in. There's NO WAY I'm going to take them outside without a cage like I used to when I know there are hawks soaring above us. They seem to come and disappear. We had a lot in the spring, and now there aren't many. I think they come during the spring when all of the pigeons are having babies, to eat their young. :eek:

Very beautiful though.

tatsxxx11
10-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Great picture Logan!!! We have a lot of red tailed hawks here; they love the marshy areas and they are magnificent. But, I have to be so careful when I take the piggies out to the garden to graze and play. Several times a hawk's been circling above us (I'm sure he spotted them) and I think he wouldn't hesitate to swoop day and take one, even with me right there!:eek: