PDA

View Full Version : DUDLEY IS GONE!

Desert Arabian
10-03-2004, 10:38 PM
:( :( :( Dudley is gone- he got out of the house this evening. My dad is a giant stupid @*%!^# $*@&$# and doesn't shut the door tightly- so the cats can pry it open and get out. This has happened many times before, but luckily they never got away. My mom and I have SCREAMED at him time and time again to make sure he shuts the door tightly behind him- but he is borderline braindead and cannot follow directions. No, I don't regret what I am saying about him- because it is 100% true. The "door" I am referring to is the garage door. We have an attached garage, the little door going from the house to the garage is hard to close tightly. My dad got home around 8 o'clock, came through the garage door, and didn't shut it tight. The large garage door was open, the cats pried it open, Sammy stuck around the garage (he is good and sticks around) and Dudley took off- like always. We looked everywhere with flashlights and he is nowhere to be found. We looked in the neighbors yards too- not there.

He has to come back- he won't make it two weeks into winter. Wisconsin winters are brutal, he has no body fat once so ever, no front claws for catching food or defending himself, we are 3 houses down from a buisy road, across the street from a swamp full of foxes and coyotes- there is no way he will make it. He does have his collar on and he is microchipped. I just hope he comes back into the garage since it is cold outside- we left the large garage door open so he can get in the garage if he's around.

I don't know what else to do!? I feel bad, I feel like such an irresponsible pet owner. I really wish it was acceptable to smack your dad- my dad deserves it, straight up, he's let the cat out multiple times and still hasn't learned. I just want to knock him upside the head with a 2x4. He should know better- g'damn he is an adult not a toddler.

God, I feel so numb, I keep picturing him in the cold WI winter burried in snow.

Please pray that Dudley turns up somewhere- maybe he's just hiding some place real good in the house- I sure hope so. :( :( :(

kimlovescats
10-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Please come home Dudley ... and until then, I hope Dad feels really bad!:( No, I shouldn't say that, accidents do happen, and I am sure your Dad already feels bad enough!:(

shais_mom
10-03-2004, 10:44 PM
OH NO!
Dudley please come home!! Your mommies are very worried about you!

wolf_Q
10-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Oh no!! I hope you find Dudley soon, or he comes back!! :(

Uabassoon
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry :( Hopefully Dudley will show up soon.

captain
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Come home soon Dudley!!!!!

Desert Arabian
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Mom tried looking- no kitty.

I went out there with the night vision scope- it works WONDERFULLY but there was no Dudley, if there was there was no way you could not see him- that thing is awesome (never used it before), I wish it found Dudley for me.

Where is he!?! :(

krazyaboutkatz
10-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Dudley's missing.:( Please come home soon Dudley!!!! Hopefully he'll return home by morning. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Jen (Pay It Forward) has written a great article on how to find your lost cat.

Read it here (http://www.lostmycat.com/lostcat.html)

Hope this helps. Good luck finding Dudley:(

popcornbird
10-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh my gosh. :(:( Dudley!! Come back home!!!! :(

Oh Laura, I hope your sweet kitty will find his way back home as soon as possible.

Uniqueviking
10-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm so sorry he's missing :( Pls. come home, Dudley.

jenluckenbach
10-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Oh no.........:(:( Dudley, you've got to come home.

Please Lord, watch over Dudley and show him the way home.

All Creatures Great And Small
10-04-2004, 06:23 AM
He's back! :D

The little stinker - I waited up for him as long as I could, but I finally fell asleep about 12:30. My husband got up at 5 and went to all the doors again, calling for him and shaking a treat can, but no sign of him. I got up at 5:30, and my husband was sitting on the couch looking really dejected, saying there was still no sign of Dudley. I walked over to the door leading to the garage (I had left the overhead door open all night), opened it, and a certain extremely NAWTY striped kitty casually sauntered out from under my car and into the house. Grrrrrrrrrrr! :rolleyes: He was immediately punished with a lot of hugs and kisses and sent to bed ;) (he's curled up right now next to the heat vent in the office, washing in between his back toes :D ).

It's not my skin kid who gives me gray hairs, it's these kitties! :D

Logan
10-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Whew!!!! :D

NKBurlington
10-04-2004, 06:50 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Dudley is home safe and sound!

Barbara
10-04-2004, 06:56 AM
:) Good news:D :D :D

Dudley I hope you enjoyed your excursion as I predict it will be your last one;)

kimlovescats
10-04-2004, 07:31 AM
WELCOME HOME Dudley!!! :D

lynnestankard
10-04-2004, 08:24 AM
Oh Dudlly - you nawtee furboy - fancy getting everyone so upset like that. I hope you were very well punished for this escape - I'd have had to give you double kisses xxxx

Relief all round - I can almost hear the sighs here!!

**Big Grin on Face**

Lynne

jenluckenbach
10-04-2004, 08:31 AM
What a relief......:D

ramanth
10-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Yay Dudley! :D

catmandu
10-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Thank God,that Dudley,is back,and Moose,from the Found Cats,says ,Please Dont Do That Again,its not worth,worrying,your Guardian.

boscibo
10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
I read this story (the first part) this AM before school, and was freaking out. That is my worst nightmare. Hanna will try to sneak out open doors. Then I came home from morning classes and had to immediately check - and I'm so happy he's back!

I totally understand about the grey hairs our kitties give us....

Vio&Juni
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm glad he's back. I saw the thread at the office and I couldn't reply. I connected from home just to see if he's back. These striped kitties, they know how to get in trouble, don't they?

I'm glad Dudley is back home, where he belongs. Stay inside, dear Dudley.

rg_girlca
10-04-2004, 01:43 PM
So glad to hear Dudley is back home safe and sound. What a relief.:)

Desert Arabian
10-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone, I am so glad he is back. Right now he is curled up on the couch sleeping. :D Little stinker.

wolf_Q
10-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Phew, glad Dudley is back!! I was so worried about him!

carole
10-04-2004, 04:44 PM
That is simply wonderful news, I hope your mother gave your dad a good telling off, shame on him, good boy Dudley for coming home, but nawtee kitty for worrying them so much.:)

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah! I'm so glad to hear that Dudley is back home!!!:D

catnapper
10-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Whew! I just saw this thread! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound!

kt_luvs_kitties
10-05-2004, 01:40 AM
I am so glad Dudley is back safe and sound, INSIDE the house, out of harms way. What a Nawty boy he was! I am glad he got a fair punishment of kisses for being so bad! Punish him for me also! Stay home Dudley, the streets are too harsh for a beautiful kitty like yourself to be wandering. Congratulations on getting Dudley back!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Whew!

I like the part where hubby/dad was sitting on the couch looking dejected. Hopefully, now that Dudley's back, he has learned his lesson and will keep the door shut from now on. ;)