PDA

View Full Version : Adoption Day!

catnapper
10-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Harry is going to his new home Tuesday. Its a group home, which if you don't know what they are, are basically small-scale nursing homes where the residents are able to care for themselves (so they don't need the fulltime nursing care of a nursing home) but are not quite so self-sufficient that they can live on their own. It is a home of 5 women aged 40-70. I'm not quite sure what their disability is, but they already have three cats. They had a 4th who passed away last week so they wanted a kitten to replace their lost kitty.

I am so proud that Harry is going to such a great place. What an honor for him to be a full-time therapy cat! :)

Evie... well, my sweet little black tabby girl was also adopted (sorta) by....

ME!

Its not official yet, but well, I am so in love with that girl. I talked so many people out of her today and nearly cried when I dropped her off. So hubby asked if she was adopted and I said no,and he said "well you want her anyway...."

Stay tuned for the real offical adoption. ;)

Jods
10-03-2004, 06:26 PM
ohh thats so good for Harry. I hope you get to keep Evie... She's such a cutie pie.... ;)

lizzielou742
10-03-2004, 07:17 PM
YAY!!!!

What wonderful news!!

So Pouncer and Allen are getting a SISTER!?!?!?!?

I'm so happy Harry is going to such a wonderful home.

I love Evie. I think she's gorgeous. Congratulations on your *NEW* addition!! This calls for pictures!! ;) :D :D :D

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 07:27 PM
*SCREAM* Really? You are going to keep Evie??!! *SCREAM* That is WONDERFUL news!!! She is absolutely adorable!! A sister for the boys! I'm shocked and so excited!! This little girl really grabbed your heartstrings didn't she?

This is certainly the week for kitten adoptions and I just could not grin any bigger!!! I'm so happy for you Kim!!!
Keep us posted and I really can't believe that you posted this without a single picture of that little doll baby!!
Proud new Momma....show her off!!!:D :D :D

nibblets
10-03-2004, 07:36 PM
What a nice way to help these ladies out. I'm sure Harry will be showered with love and affection. Pet therapy is such a positive thing and not used nearly enough.

catnapper
10-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Sister... as in singular kitty?

Ummmmm.....

Try TWO sisters?

Hve you all forgotten about Babycakes - Grant's special girl? He expected to see her come home with me tonight, but she didn't because her eye started getting weepy again and the vet wouldn't let her go. He asked if Babycakes was adopted, and when I said "no" you should ahve heard his sigh of relief.

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
*SCREAM* AGAIN*
I did wonder about her but I thought maybe something didn't work out there!!

All these double adoptions are wonderful!!! Two girls and two boys! From my own experience Allen and Pouncer you really are outnumbered!!! Girls sort of have a way of doing that.;) :D

I can't believe this weekend! This has to be a PT adoption record!;) :D

Don't forget pictures!!!:D :D :D

Prayers that little Babycakes gets well real soon so she can come meet her new family. Keep us posted on her Kim!

auggie
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh, what a wonderful news!
I’m so glad you’re keeping Evie.
She is such a pretty girl and seems to be smitten with Pouncer.
This has been the best weekend for adoptions.
:)

kimlovescats
10-03-2004, 08:01 PM
How wonderful for precious Harry ... he will absolutely cheer those women to no end!!!;)

NOW, what about you and Evie and still Babycakes!!!! :eek: :eek: :D Can I be the first to say ... "SUCKER"!!! lol... welcome to the addiction of fostering!!!:D :D HOW WONDERFUL!:D

catnapper
10-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh guys, I was so bad! I talked two people out of adopting her, and told another two that she was already adopted :eek:

Thats not a bad record, right? 4 fosters, three adopted? And as for Babycakes, *I'm* not the one who fell for her!

rg_girlca
10-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Oh Wow this weekend just can't get any better.

Congratulations Harry on your new forever home.:)

KIIIIIIMMMMMMMM, I am so happy you decided to keep little Evie. She is so adorable.
Plus daddy will be getting his Babycakes. FANTASTIC.:D

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Oh guys, I was so bad! I talked two people out of adopting her, and told another two that she was already adopted :eek:

Thats not a bad record, right? 4 fosters, three adopted? And as for Babycakes, *I'm* not the one who fell for her!

ROFLOL!!! Evie worked her magic on you BIG TIME!! Way to go EVIE!!
Now as for Babycakes, she may have worked hubby but don't even try to tell us that you didn't fall for her too!;) How could any kitten not steal a PT'ers heart? I think this is wonderful!!

Are the names going to stay the same?

catnapper
10-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Names, hmmm.. "Evie" might stay. But "Babycakes" is g-o-n-e!

Oh, and for the record, it is not E-V, and as the pronunciation of the two letters, it is eh-vie, as in Evelyn.

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm glad you clarified the pronunciation of Evie's name. I would never have said it that way. Now we can call her by her rightful name!

I'm SO glad the name Babycakes is going!! LOL! That's almost as bad as Ocular!;) :D

jazzcat
10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
:eek: :eek:
Okay, I thought I had a big surprise today but WOW!! I almost fell out of my chair reading this. Congrats Kim!!!!! This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you and the boys that they are keeping one little sister and getting a second.

Just a big huge kitten fest weekend on PT!

kimlovescats
10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Names, hmmm.. "Evie" might stay. But "Babycakes" is g-o-n-e!

Oh, and for the record, it is not E-V, and as the pronunciation of the two letters, it is eh-vie, as in Evelyn.

Oooooooo, me likes that name!!!:eek: :D

catnapper
10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Oooooooo, me likes that name!!!

Yeah, When I read the e-mail that I was getting a foster named Evie, I was pronouncing it as E-V (like Adam and EVE, adding the y sound at the end.) Then I met the lady giving me Evie and she said, "here's Eh-vie" and I thought "oh cool!" though I do tend to switch from Eh-vie to E-V and back again! ;) I probably will keep the name since it does fit her.

Babycakes, I don't know what to change it to. I want to name her after my grandmom since I promised to have a child named after her. Since I am not having skin-kids, I want to name a cat after her, and I know she'll be pleased with a cat as her namesake. Only problem is her name is Lillian. I'd change it to Lily (which we have a few of... not to mention Pouncer's "girlfriend" :D ) Any cute twists on Lillian?

kimlovescats
10-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Jillian, or Lily Lou? :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow!!!:eek: Congrats on your two new additions!!!:D This day has been full of surprises.

I think I missed the thread about Evie and Babycakes so I'll have to look it up. I'm sure they're both adorable though.

Tina
10-04-2004, 10:00 AM
OMG! How exciting! Congrats!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh my! What a weekend for adoptions!!! I, too, was wondering about Babycakes when you said you'd be keeping Evie. I, too, thought maybe something didn't work out with her, but now I'm doubly happy to hear all this wonderful news! Allen and Pouncer are going to be getting two sisters!!! Yippeee!!!!