PDA

View Full Version : Kennel/Day Care help

shutterbug0303
10-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I am trying to open a boarding/grooming/dog park etc, etc, etc but am starting from scratch. I really have no formal boarding or grooming experience other than a short stint at a friends grooming shop where I bathed the animals. All I have going for me is an extreme love of animals and a huge need in our area for some quality care. I am looking to provide an upscale facility that includes day care and boarding that will keep the pets out of their cages for most of the day. I want them to continually interact with humans and other animals during their stay. My idea has been extremely well received, but now I am at the point where I am writing my business plan...but need help in areas such as appropriate insurance, problems I may face, building requirements, etc. I always have a thousand questions, but don't want to ask the local competition. I am hoping that someone can help mentor me during my adventure into providing local pets a great experience and giving me the opportunity to work with animals....a true dream! Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope that someone can be of some assitance in my venture!

God Bless! <><

Judy