PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a job as a kitty cuddler?

slick
10-03-2004, 11:53 AM
As if I didn't have enough spare time, I'm now going to volunteer for our local Animal Control Shelter as a kitty cuddler. :) Because the ACS is run by the city and has paid staff they do not accept any volunteers because of the liability issue....but I've known one of the officers there for a couple of years and yesterday she told me that I could come down any day during viewing hours and cuddle kitties. How cool is that!!!

As it happened we had a joint fundraiser yesterday and I stopped by the ACS to pick up two 7-wk old kittens (all black) to take them and hopefully adopt them out. Well, I walked into the cat room and all of a sudden I was inundated with paws reaching through the bars and all these kitties meowing at me. It was almost more than I could stand. I wanted them all.

There was a beautiful orangie boy named Sabastian that reminded me of Gini's Rascal, a sweet all white female named Cloe and small all black boy called Mr. Big. Starting next weekend I think I'll spend a couple of hours on Sunday down there. :) I'll see if I can take pictures.

rg_girlca
10-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Now that is a job I would love to have. A Kitten Cuddler. How great is that! They all sound so adorable.

Quote by Slick.
I'll see if I can take pictures.

Yes Slick, that is a must!:D

manda_moo87
10-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Oooo... what a fabuolous job! I bet we'd all love one like that! ;) And I agree, Slick you must try and take some pics for us!

catmandu
10-03-2004, 12:19 PM
That is a Greatr Job,only I should caution you,to take off anything,that has come,in contact,with the Shelter Cats,as you dont want Max,and Spreckles,to catch anything!Have Fun,as I did that with the SPCA!

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh Slick what a wonderful job that will be! It's a heartbreaker though. I cried everytime I had to put one back in the cage because there were so many more that needed me. I got to where my heart just couldn't handle it. I will go back but I needed a break before I broke!:D
It's hard and wonderful all at the same time. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I don't think it would hurt if you brought a few home with you would it???;) :D :D

catnapper
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I didn't know that job even existed!

Well, its a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it! :D

nibblets
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
That is an excellent job. I had heard before that some hospital nurserys had 'baby rockers' volunteer to come in and hold the babies so they have personal interraction and attention. Both of these jobs would just be thrilling to do. I agree it would be hard to leave them though.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I wanna be a kitty cuddler! What a wonderful title to have on your business card. :D