PDA

View Full Version : 2nd stop on Sirrah trip - jazzcat's house

jazzcat
10-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Debbie and Dennis made it hear around 4 pm yesterday and after chatting a lot we took off to the Smoky Mountains to show them the sights and have dinner.

They are so much fun and so nice. We've both enjoyed having them here, as have the kitties. We will be heading out to Kim's in Middle TN shortly.

Anyway, I'm terrible about taking pictures so I only have a few so far but I promise to get many more today at Kim's.

Here's one of Ripley and Scout meeting Dennis. It's unusual for Ripley to come up to new people so I was amazed.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p6ad7729156135c3f74ef8fed491c4bce/f6c8dc87.jpg

Here's Ripley all relaxed by Debbie as she scoped out what's new on PT last night.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p02a5b5d4f1409ad04d01db131142a669/f6c8dc63.jpg

And finally this is Debbie and Jazz in the laundry room. Jazz really likes them both and did her famous plop for a rub for Debbie several times.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/pbb5873c786baeba0432563dcabbfe0fd/f6c8dc95.jpg

Again, sorry the pictures are so few and not the greatest but I promise to do much better today. I was excited about meeting them and talking so much that I just wasn't snapping picutres.

Now I'm excited about meeting Kim and all those kitties!:D

catnapper
10-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow... more jealousy from me today! Looks like everyone had so much fun!
Terrible pictures? Where? I think they look great!

jazzcat
10-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Wow... more jealousy from me today! Looks like everyone had so much fun!
Terrible pictures? Where? I think they look great!
I mean I am bad about taking lots of pictures but I will get more today.

kuhio98
10-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm so glad you guys are having a great visit.
I am hurt though, that they couldn't visit TN and KY by way of Alaska. :p Of course, it would have added 2 or 3 weeks (and several thousand miles) to the trip and I know how anxious they are to meet Robbie and Lizzy.

Fingers and paws crossed. Drive safely. Give the kitties a kiss for me.

p.s. Halo was the "Jazz plop" too. She runs in front of you as you walk down the hall and plops in front. We've had several narrow misses. Gotta watch your step!

QueenScoopalot
10-03-2004, 11:07 AM
What a fun way to travel! Popping into PTers homes along the way...I almost feel like on a vacation with the sirrahs!

rg_girlca
10-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Awwww those are great pictures. You see, even the skittish of cats will come to cat lovers. They know good people when they see them.

I AM SO GREEN WITH ENVY.

It was bad enough knowing Debbie and Dennis were going to meet dear Kim, but now Lori too. How can 3 people be soooo lucky. HEY, throw some of that luck towards here please.:D

I am so glad that this trip is going so well and that we are all a part of it.:)

ARE THEY THERE YET!!!!!!! ARE THEY THERE YET!!!!!!!!!

trayi52
10-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Jealous, jealous, jealous, I say!!!

Willie:D

persianmom
10-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Look like it was a great visit. Deb and dennis are great poeple. I'm thankful that my children have them as parents in love.

Carol:)

Barbara
10-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Aawww I'd love so much to check with Jazz about that plop trick:)

Visiting PT people is so much fun:)

catmandu
10-03-2004, 12:21 PM
If I could have one wish,it would be to travel,in a RV,and visit all the Pet Talkers,and meet,all the Cats,taht I see Photos,of,and see places,in the USA,and Canada,that I have only read about!

chrangharris
10-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Looks like there trip is going well! We can't wait until they are home with all three little ones! I'm going to have to rush their house and do a baby swap! They can cuddle my baby if I can cuddle their babies! :)

kimlovescats
10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I spoke with Lori by phone, they were just heading out at around 11:15 CST. I'm expecting them here within the next 2 hours .... SO EXCITED I can hardly stand it!!!! Will post lots of pics later this evening, so stay tuned!!!:D

shais_mom
10-03-2004, 01:19 PM
how fun!
I can't wait to see the 3rd leg of the trip!

catcrazylady
10-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Yippee!!! This is almost as much fun as being with them!! Great pictures Lori, just not enough of them!;) :D
My cats also knew great kitty people and did things I never expected.
Can't wait to see pictures of all of you from Kim's house!!:D

lynnestankard
10-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Jealous? Who Me? Never!!!!!!!!

He he he - looks like a wonderful trip the Haris's are having!:D

Carole - what a lovely phrase - parents-in-love - aww.

Lynne

krazyaboutkatz
10-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Lori, It looks like another great visit and you're cats sure looked relaxed around them.:) I'm so jealous and am eagerly awaiting pictures from your visit at Kim's.:D

Jods
10-03-2004, 06:20 PM
yay can't wait... hope you get pics as they get to hold their babies the first time!!!
:D

jenluckenbach
10-03-2004, 07:32 PM
All these wonderful pictures and stories about visits and friendships and meeting the pet talk cats.............I wanted to come tooooooooo

lizzielou742
10-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Looks like everybody had fun! I love the "Jazz plop" - Sophie does that too! I can't wait for pictures of your new additions!!!! :D :D :D

Killearn Kitties
10-04-2004, 07:46 AM
This is such an exciting trip!! :D I want to sit with cuddly Ripley too! I want beautiful Scout to sniff round my feet! I want to rub lovely Jazz's tummy! Waaaaaaaah!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
It's unusual for Ripley to come up to new people so I was amazed.

Once again proving that Debbie and Dennis a great cat loving people and the kitties can sense that.

Not to add to the whine, but I'm sooo jealous too! I wanna meet Ripley, Jazz and Scout too. :( ;) :D

sirrahbed
10-05-2004, 12:02 AM
:D Just read "leg two" of the trip!!! Nope, we dod NOT get lost - drove right up and meeting Lori was again just like meeting someone I already knew!! She is sweet, softspoken and just as nice in person as she is on the forum. Well, I have already talked on the phone to her and call her my "little sister" - but it IS a real thrill to finally meet PT friends. She and Richard opened their home to us for an overnight stay:D Dennis and I had to meet all the kitties (and Richard of course:) ) Scout is a DOLL - so much tinier in purrson than I thought from pictures. Very petite and cute as can be. It is funny that big ole Ripley shakes in his boots when she bosses him around:eek: Ripley is gorgeous and truly does look so very much like a larger version of Magoo - it is amaking. If Magoo had eyes and a bit less white on his legs - he would look like Rip. Now I just had a real affinity for Jazz-girl:) She and I played ack-ack with a bug in the laundry room for awhile and them she did her *plop* several times and let me give her nice long belly rubs. She learned pretty quickly that I was a pushover and plopped several more times:D
The skin people had a nice gabfest and then Lori and Richard took us out to the Smoky's for a beautiful drive with them both pointing out many sites - breathtaking! Neither dennis nor I had ever been there before! Then they took us through both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge - two more places we had never seen before and that was very nice!! Back home for even more visiting - in fact I believe we were up until about 1pm:eek:
During the night and early the next morning, all three kitties checked in on us (of COURSE weleft the door open in hopes of a visit) but nobody was brave enough to join us but they did line up and take turns peeking in at us.
The next mornin - LATE morning:o - we were off to Kim's..
It was WONDERFUL to be in Knoxville and enjoy the hospitality of Kim and Richard on the secong "leg" of our PT visit.

sirrahbed
10-05-2004, 02:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/richard_lori.jpg
Here are Lori and Richard at the restaurant where we stopped for dinner after they drove us all through the Smoky's and through Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Thank you so much for the tour and for inviting us to spend the night at your beautiful home:) Isn't it great that we can so easily make friends with people we have never even "met" except through such a place as Pet Talk?? I LOVE it:D

kimlovescats
10-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Awww, what a great picture of you two .... I got to thinking that we didn't take any group shots! IS that stupid or what!!!??? :rolleyes: Well, I'm stealing this one!;)

jazzcat
10-05-2004, 10:13 AM
I know Kim, I told Richard in the car coming home Sunday night that we didn't get a picture of all us PTers together. Doh! I would have loved to have that so I guess we need to plan another get together for next year and maybe Lisa, Lacey, Willie, MCM and all those other KY PTers can come.

catcrazylady
10-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Uhhmmm, Maybe next time all those Tennessee people can come this way!;) :D

sirrahbed
10-05-2004, 11:32 AM
You know, Dennis and I said the same thing about a group picture-what were we thinking!!! :eek: I also regret that I did not have my earlobe suckled by Tabitha:(
I want to do this again next year!!! (without bringing home kittens perhaps:D )