PDA

View Full Version : I put in a application to adopt a Dobie.

cubby31682
10-02-2004, 07:37 PM
This afternoon hubby and I were on a Doberman rescue website. I figured I might as well put in an application, I figured it would take a few weeks to hear back from them. It had all sorts of questions. I put in all the information on the house that we are buying, as well as adding that we will be moving in to the new house in a couple of weeks. Then we plan to get a dog shortly after that. It also asked about breeding. Do you breed animals: Please Explain: I put: No, because there are so many unwanted dogs, that we would rather rescue a dog than add to the over population.

It also asked where the dog will be during the day while we are at work. I said it will be in a crate until trained then it will have free roam. And my hubby and I live 1 mile from work so we will be able to come home and check on the dog, like we do with my cat. We also had to put down a personal referance.

After I got all of that done a screen popped up that said I would hear back from them within a week. Hopefully I will hear good news when I hear back from them.

puppyluvs
10-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I wish you much luck in this
Hugsssss

I too have put in to adopt another husky....Will know on Monday

Mechele

Logan
10-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Good luck!!!! :) I hope you will keep us posted.

Just today, Zipper, my rescue Golden Retriever, and I worked at an event, hoping to increase awareness about breed rescue. It was well worth our time and we took two applications while we were there.

Logan

cubby31682
10-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Thank you. I am very excited about it. I can't wait to find out. It said I need to check my email daily to find out.

I also had my heart set on a puppy, but after seeing the dogs on the rescue site, I am not strong enough to say no. :D They need a home and I am very willing to provide one as long as the dog is cat friendly. That is one huge thing for me. I will be sure to let everyone know what I find out when I find out.

Jamieejo85
10-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Good luck. You are such a caring person to adopt. I think more people need to rathar than going and buying from a breeder!

cubby31682
10-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Good luck. You are such a caring person to adopt. I think more people need to rathar than going and buying from a breeder!

That is what we wanted to do. Then we got to looking on Pet finder, and I just couldn't hold back. I also found some cats but hubby says no. :(

pitc9
10-03-2004, 06:55 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep us posted!!

sammy101
10-03-2004, 11:32 AM
I hope you get one!! Good luck and keep us posted!!:D

Corinna
10-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I sure found out how petfinder works . I think God had a hand in our getting Mr. Dugan. as it went so fast. He's acting like hes been here for ever and its only been a week.

LorraineO
10-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Well as a dobie mommy myself,, I wish you the best of luck,,,, they are wonderful dogs!!!! Very loyal and crave your attention!