PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, i am so happy, I found a vet that I love!!

Christiansmommy
10-02-2004, 07:22 PM
We are new to Maryland, and unfortunately had to find a vet, pretty much the day we moved here (almost 3 months ago), b/c Dale had some sort of intestinal bug going on....anyway, i really didnt feel like i "clicked" with the vet, not to mention their prices were sky high. So i found a nice small vet, kinda out in the more coutry part of our town, and i took Dale there yesterday for his yearly shots and check up. Well this vet was the nicest, and he did the most thorough exam on Dale...

Dale is normally the loud one in the waiting room, but i brought some cut up hot dogs (what i use to train him), so he behaved like a champ!! ANd he did one little bark at this vet and then let him and the assistant handle him w/o any hesitation. The other vet we tried, he just didn't seem to like very much ( he must have good intuition)...i think the fact that this waiting room had low lights and wasnt really bright and loud looking, also had a claming effect on him. I am so happy...i just love this vet!!! I just had to share our great experience!!!

So anyway, Dale will be getting neutered on the 11th...and I have every confidence in this vet...and the icing on the cake is that they charge $135 less to neuter him than that other vet !!!!:eek: :eek: What a rip off they were...they (the old vet we went to) are a VCA vet, and apparently it is a network with access to hundreds of veteranarians ...which i think is why they charge so much...someone else gets a cut of the money, not just the vet who works at each location...

Anyway, ramble, ramble, ramble.... :rolleyes: ;)

~Robyn

Logan
10-02-2004, 07:45 PM
That's marvelous!!!!!

Jamieejo85
10-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Congratulations!!!!

KYS
10-02-2004, 08:16 PM
What relief to find a Vet you are happy with. :)

dappledoxie
10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Oh I love it when you find just the right vet :) That's great news :D

Pam
10-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Nine more days until the Big Snip. Ripley sends his condolences! :p

pitc9
10-03-2004, 06:52 AM
$135 Less, AND you like them more... what else could you ask for?
Congrats!! I have to start looking for a new vet also. Sierra will only go to a female vet, and the one we had was the BEST! But has since moved to Erie, PA!!:rolleyes:

Buddy sayz: Don't wurry Dale, u'l never mis dem! ;)

Good Luck on the 11th Dale!

lizbud
10-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Christiansmommy,

I am really happy for you. Finding a vet that you and your dog feel comfortable with is as important as finding a human doctor
that you feel good about.:) Animals are such an important
part of our fanily anyway, it's great when we can believe they
really listen to us & our concerns. Congrats.:D

LorraineO
10-03-2004, 01:31 PM
thats great,,, We are lucky to have a super Vet,, as well as all the staff... REALLY great people!!!! I just have to say Hi,, its lucys mommy, and they know exactly who I am and which dog she is!!!