PDA

View Full Version : Making bows??

GraciesMommy
10-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Anyone know how to put the rubberbands on little bows for doggies? I have several and one new one I got was so tiny and tight that it broke the first time I tried to use it. So the bow is good, just can't figure out how to do the rubber band..OR If someone has a better idea how to do bows..I would love to hear it! thankshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/personalizedtanktop.gif

jenluckenbach
10-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I make dog bows but I am not sure I can explain it.

I will assume that the ribbon is already "shaped" like a bow since it already had a rubber band around it. this is half the battle. Put the folded ribbon in your one hand and a small rubber band around both your thumb and index finger. Then I simply wrap the rubber band around the middle of the bow ribbon twice (or 3 times if it is a bigger rubber band) just like you would wrap a band around a ponytail.

There is another way, but it is difficult and time consuming and unnecessary. this way works fine. But if you want to try it, you would kind of strech the rubber band out and wrap around middle of ribbon like you would be forming the letter "U". Then you'd need to slip one loop into the other loop and pull tight.

I can't say that I descibed it very well, it is easier if you can see me do it.

Good luck.

GraciesMommy
10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Come on over and show me..lol
I think I follow you, will try it..I appreciate your help. I have a real pretty purple one and that is the one that the rubber band broke. Didn't even get to use it..they had way too tight a band on it and it wouldn't even stretch. I like to keep bows in her hair on weekends or if we go out..thanks again!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/halloh.gif

wolf_Q
10-02-2004, 09:48 PM
I know how, I make bows all the time...however I've taught several people face to face how to do it and they still don't know how so I don't think I'm a very good teacher! :o

micki76
10-02-2004, 10:22 PM
If you can get rubber bands from an orthodontist, they are MUCH more flexible & stretch a lot more without snapping. :)