PDA

View Full Version : What am I going to do?

Tina
10-02-2004, 05:25 PM
I know that I am a big baby, scardy cat call me whaever you want. My husband is wanting go on a fishing trip for 4 days & nights! He will gone from a Friday and be home on a Tuesday. I don't mind him going really. I don't want him to miss out having fun with his friends.

The thing is though we have not spent but 2 nights we have been married. We have been married for 5 years. He stayed with me what he could in the hospital when the kids were born.

My brother done said he would come and stay with me while hubby is gone.:) Which is very nice of him to do. I just don't feel comfortable staying here alone. I know I'll have the kids.

I was going get my friend to stay but I haven't talked to her for 2 weeks now. That is another story I posted about it one Friday when we were going to go out.

I guess I am lucky though to have family here. I can always go out and see my parents and stuff while he is gone.

Ok I am done pouting now.:) Oh, I'm sure I will be fine it is just going be hard being away from him that long.:(

jenluckenbach
10-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Well let me tell you, Charlie and I have been married 21 years and we have never spent a night apart. I don't know if I could sleep. And when we were first married he worked 3pm to 11pm and I was PETRIFIED home alone! So, you are not alone, I know how you feel.

catnapper
10-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I understand too! I ALWAYS complain when hubby watches tv in bed while I'm trying to sleep. Then when he's being considerate (if I'm sick or have a migraine) he'll spend the night on the couch watching tv, then come up to bed. I toss and turn and count sheep... everything because I can't sleep without him next to me - even though I complain like a big old whiner when he's here shouting at that lousy referee! :D (Who he swears, by the way, that "Yes he can hear me" LOL)

We have been married a little over three years and there has not been one night where we haven't given each other a kiss goodnight - even if its over the phone because one of us was out of town for one reason or another. I CAN NOT go to sleep until I have my little goodnight kiss. The world might come to a crashing halt if I don't get it.

Take solice in your wee bit of singlehood for the few days and have a camp-out of your own in your room with the kids.

Glacier
10-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Four days!?? That's not even enough time to really miss him. Course, I have a different perspective than the rest of you who already posted. In the 5 years we've been married, we've actually only been together for about 2 and a half. The rest of the time Stuart has been gone working.

Truthfully, I kind of enjoy the first month he's gone. After that it gets to be a little annoying. We tend to have some trouble readjusting when he does come home though. He just gets in my way and messes up my system! :p

Tina
10-02-2004, 07:58 PM
LOL! Glacier I wish I could feel the same way you do sometimes! If he is off for a few days and here all day he drives me crazy. But then when he goes back to work I miss him.:rolleyes: Strange huh?

It will be strange here without him for 4 days but maybe it will do us both some good. Well at least I hope so.;)

I'm glad no one thinks I'm a big baby.:o

pitc9
10-03-2004, 07:09 AM
No Tina, no one thinks your a baby at all!! Maybe a little silly... but not a baby!! (J/K):p

My hubby keeps saying he's going to have to work out of town for a month at a time if he can't find work here (Union Electrician) I say to him "SEE YA!!" LOL!! I love my alone time... well, alone time with the pups that is!!:D I'm jealous of Glacier! My friend is getting married next year, and he is an airplane pilot, and is gone every other week. She loves it!
Some people are just different that's all!!

dukedogsmom
10-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, I, for one, think you should consider yourself very lucky that you have a good husband. Be very thankful for that. I know you'll miss him but you might enjoy time alone, also. Invite some of your girlfriends for a sleepover and watch movies all night.

Tina
10-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah I am pretty lucky.:) Though sometimes he can drive me nuts!:rolleyes:

I don't mind having alone time just long as he is home with me at night. It will be interesting to see how the 4 days will go.

I don't really have many friends around here:( or I would invite some over. At least I'll have the kids here with me.:)