PDA

View Full Version : Talk about INCREDIBLE timing!!!

QueenScoopalot
10-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Thurday night I was hanging out behind a seedy bar room along a nearby beach, waiting for a woman Diane to show up so I could get three kittens that are in the basement of the bar. Diane ended up working late, and didn't get my message that I'd be there. While waiting I saw a medium haired black kitty show up, so I put down some catnip as she looked as though she may possibly have been nursing kittens. No teats, but moderate pregnant belly on her so I trapped her. Sweet and loving cat which is always a bonus! :D She went into another foster home yesterday, and I got word that she had SIX kittens this morning! Two stillborn and four survivors. I nearly choked hearing this news! This cat barely looked pregnant, and I felt no kicking in her at all when she was here overnight. :eek: I can't believe she had so many kittens in her skinny little body. :( She's making up for lost meals now though, and will be getting plenty of kitten food, and KMR to build her up. Yikes...still in shock! :eek: :eek: :eek:

rg_girlca
10-02-2004, 02:41 PM
OMG Jan, incredible timing is right. You were in the right place at the right time for sure.

Are the 4 remaining kitties full term and healthy?

Did you finally get the 3 kittens out of the basement?

jazzcat
10-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Wow, poor momma cat. That was incredible timing. Glad she and her babies are safe now.

QueenScoopalot
10-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Lorraine, I haven't heard about the surviving four, but apparently they seem healthy! I had to postpone the basement litter for a few more days...not much room today, but a litter of six leaving later for adoption. I had an added bonus while sitting checking the black kitty out. I got out of the car to get a better view of her, and sat on a log...looked down and found a twenty dollar bill$$!! Much needed twenty too!:D

rg_girlca
10-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Wooooo Hooooooo alright Jan.

catfamily
10-02-2004, 03:12 PM
OMG incredible timing is RIGHT.Lucky mom and surviving babies.Glad you got paid for it too.LOL.Which barrom may I ask.May I help you getting the 3 out of that basement before my surgery date next Friday?
I'll bet it was Smuggler's or the Pelican Bar as that is near the beach and very creepy area.

K & L
10-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Wow!! That was lucky all the way around. Seems us rescuers are just magnets!:D

catnapper
10-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Wow, that WAS timing! Glad to hear she had those kittens in a warm and safe place. Now she can get some meat on her and take care of thoise kittens.

What a great thing you did!

catcrazylady
10-02-2004, 06:48 PM
You couldn't have timed that any better if you had tried!! Seems like you were in the right spot at the right time for a reason. She needed your help and her kitty Angel arrived!!:D

It used to break my heart to see what looked like average size kitties come in to the shelter and then deliver babies. You knew they had to really be almost starved.

How cool that you found that money! Small payment for a very large kindness!

QueenScoopalot
10-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Sad to say, it was a bad ending for all six kittens. :( Though word has it, they were 'good sized', one by one they all passed away. It doesn't surprise me much, as the mom cat looked barely pregnant to begin with. Her foster mom's in tears needless to say, and buried each tiny body in her yard. :( But mom kitty's a sweetheart, and in need of a wonderful forever home now. And Carla & Mike..hint, hint...she seems to get along great with other kitties!...*grin*...including Birdie! ;)

lynnestankard
10-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Oh Jan - how sad. But there's a lovely furlady saved and in need of a good home - good for you. Maybe God dropped the $20 bill?!
:D

Lynne

smokey the elder
10-03-2004, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry the kittens didn't make it. But the mama cat is now safe. Thanks for being there when you were needed.

catmandu
10-03-2004, 12:44 PM
The Pet Angels,must have guided her,over to you,and told her,taht there was aLady,that would help her,and Her Babies,and was An Angel,on Earth! Bless You,and you,are The Found Cats Heroine!

rosethecopycat
10-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I got out of the car to get a better view of her, and sat on a log...looked down and found a twenty dollar bill$$!! Much needed twenty too!:D [/B]

Keep going back to that log.

Maybe it's a MONEY log. :D
(I have heard of such a thing:p )

Rose

catfamily
10-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Sad to say, it was a bad ending for all six kittens. :( Though word has it, they were 'good sized', one by one they all passed away. It doesn't surprise me much, as the mom cat looked barely pregnant to begin with. Her foster mom's in tears needless to say, and buried each tiny body in her yard. :( But mom kitty's a sweetheart, and in need of a wonderful forever home now. And Carla & Mike..hint, hint...she seems to get along great with other kitties!...*grin*...including Birdie! ;)
Maybe we will take both.Did you ask Mike about her too last night?I hope.I know he told you yes for Birdie.Remember I go in Friday for spine Surgery and have to heal some to take them in to be easier as Mike usually works 7 days a week.Doeas the foster care lady want her?

christa
10-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow, what a mix emotion thread! I don't know whether to cry or smile!

I am soooo glad that you picked this little girl up though. I'm sure she was too malnourished to carry that litter. Poor baby. And sounds like you've already got a great home (hopefully) for her.

& great news about the $20 LOL . . . I'd definitely say a little gift from heaven! You're doing a GREAT work!