View Full Version : Hello! New to the site!

jswain78
10-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself to anyone who happens to read this.
My name is Juli & I am a slave to my cats! I love them dearly & would do anything to protect them. I have 2, both of which were rescues.
Squirrel Kitty, est. 4 yrs old, has been with me since January.
He was at an adoption fair where I first saw him. Unfortunately, I could not bring him home with me. He was named Squirrel because when he was "rescued", he was on a college campus killing & eating all of the squirrels. He is a completely indoored cat now, he has no desire to go outside.
Mini-me, est. DOB 7/1/04, was found at the pond outside my office building. There was a known alligator there & someone had left a sacrifice of 4 baby kittens. I rescued her on 7/26. She is an EXACT duplicate of Squirrel, hence the name Mini-me.

jazzcat
10-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi and Welcome to PT!!!

Omg, you weren't kidding that Mini-me is Squirrel's duplicate, amazing. I can't believe someone would put that adorable little baby out for a gator to eat.

They are gorgeous (I love black cats and have one too) and I can't wait to see more pictures of them. I have three cats and a dog as you can see in my signature below.

rosethecopycat
10-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Welcome to PT.

They sure are beautiful DupliCATS.

leslie
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Regarding Mini's spay (as you posted on cat health). well she is naturally going to lick at her sutures anyway because, as you know, when you have a cut, antibodies rush to the site to heal the wound, which causes an itching sensation- this is normal and good. That is why we scratch our healing scratches and bug bites. I'm sure the vet told you to watch for severe pulliing of the stiches. If she pulls hard, you should call them, on the weekend, they will have a voice message with another number to dial OR an answering service that will contact your vet. You don't want the area to get infected by any means. I wouldn't put any human first aid cream on it if it does get infected, let the vet tell you what to do! Sorry you had to declaw her- it's illegal in a lot of places. Did you check out thread on declawing here on pet talk? Hope she recoups just fine!!! and oh! Welcome to pet talk!

PJ's Mom
10-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Welcome to PT!

Your kitties are gorgeous! :)

Uniqueviking
10-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Hello and welcome :) Squirrel and Mini me are absolutely beautiful.

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!:D Both of your cats are gorgeous and I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing more pictures of them too.:)

I have 4 male cats which you can see in my avatar and signature picture below.:)

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your cats are absolutely beautiful! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your cats are stunning!!

catnapper
10-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! You have two GORGEOUS black kitties there!

My name is Kim, and I have two cats (as seen in my signature below) named Allen and Pouncer. I've also recently begun to foster kittens (thats more fun than I can tell you!) and I have a big dog named Nicki who is not pleased about the houseful of kittens.

Pam
10-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome to PT! Your cats are gorgeous and I love the appropriate names you have selected for them. :) I know that Squirrel Kitty must be much happier these days with meals delivered in a bowl! :) I have two cats, Trevor and Andy, who live with two dogs. All are in my signature. :)

ActionCat007
10-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi jswain78, Squirrel Kitty, and Mini-me... welcome to Pet Talk!

I love your two kitties, and they sure do look alike. :)

I have two Tabby Cat's Katie and Simba as you'll see the signature below. Katie is 9 years old, she is very quiet and keeps to her self; she is a one person cat and is clued to me. Simba is 7 years old, he is very sociable and very mischievous.

catmandu
10-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Welcome ToPet Talk,from The Found Cat Hotel,and a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW To Your Cats,From All The Found Cats!