PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Sammy

catcrazylady
10-01-2004, 01:31 PM
My apologies for not posting more but work has been nuts! I had a very late business dinner Wednesday and then had to work until very late last night. When I got home Wednesday night around 10:30 I noticed Sammy gag and throw up a little bit of clear liquid. Not that unusual for a cat to do so I didn't think much of it.
Got home last night and Sammy jumped into his daddy's lap and hung over the arm of the chair as always. Hubby started petting him and he gagged again. I asked hubby how he had been the last two nights and he (of course) hadn't noticed anything unusual. Sammy spends most of his time in bed which is very favorite place.
This morning I noticed he doesn't look like he feels good. You know that pitiful look in their eyes. I started petting him and he gagged again. He tried to meow but there is no sound. He acts like it bothers him to lay down and he does it very carefully. Everytime you pet or rub him around his neck area he opens his mouth and gags but nothing comes out.
I'm really worried! Has anybody ever had anything like this happen?
Sammy is our very first kitty together and he is a big daddy's boy. He has welcomed all the other brats and he is the leader of the pack. He is a wonderful kitty and he needs your prayers!
I have a vet appointment tonight as soon as hubby gets home. Please pray for him and if anyone has any idea of what this could be please post.

btw-I gave him some hairball treatment just in case but it didn't do anything to help.

Sammy Boy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pca96e9ab25e0cb11cdb18b7a03941769/f76fd701.jpg

Freckles
10-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Is he eating or drinking? Sounds like something in his throat.

catcrazylady
10-01-2004, 01:44 PM
According to hubby he did eat last night. I haven't seem him eat today but he licked the hairball goo right up and didn't seem to have a problem swallowing it.

Both of the kittens are getting sick and they have an appointment tomorrow. They are showing signs of congestion and coughing some.

Please God don't let me have brought something into the house with the babies!!! They vet checked ok when we took them in.

K & L
10-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I've been so busy also, so can relate! If the kittens have URI maybe Sammy has a sore throat? Oh I sure hope nothing serious is wrong. I'm glad you're getting him to the vet! We will keep positive thoughts here for you. Please let us know what the vet says. Good luck Lisa!!

jazzcat
10-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh Lisa, try not to worry too much. I know that is easy for me to say way down here in TN. As for Sammy's condition, it does sound like something could be stuck in his throat. Not everything matches but Ripley had the gagging and vomiting brownish to clear liquid about a month ago. It really worried me and he did several times over the course of a few days. He acted like he didn't feel too good either but then he perked up and hasn't done it since. I just attributed it hairball problems. Ripley is the puke king and vomits a lot but never gags and it's never just liquid. Anyway, I'm not sure what it was about but he's been fine for weeks now. Maybe it's something similar with Sammy. I hope so.

Don't be thinking you brought something into the house with the kittens until you know for sure, okay? Try to not go down that road.

Hang in there, get some support from Debbie tomorrow and keep us posted on what the vet says for all of them. Prayers on the way.

catcrazylady
10-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks Lisa & Lori. I'm hoping thats all it is. He does have a tendency to get ear and throat problems around this time of year but I have never seen him gag like that. Everytime I touch the left side of his throat he gags really bad and nothing comes up. I don't feel any kind of knot or lymph node swelling though.
*sigh* This is turning into a rough week for a lot of us !!!

Of course everything had to turn sour right before Debbie comes! GEESH!

lizzielou742
10-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Poor Sammy. :( I hope it's just a hairball!! Let us know how the vet visit goes.

trayi52
10-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Poor little Sammy, sending prayers and good thoughts his way, and your way. Please keep us posted.

Willie

kt_luvs_kitties
10-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I hope that Sammy has nothing serious at the vets! I will be praying for Sammy, you and your husband. I am sure he will be ok, maybe just a kitty cough? Feel better Sammy, *kiss kiss*

catcrazylady
10-01-2004, 04:26 PM
We're back!
Poor Sammy has a tooth infected which has gone into his ear and throat. Poor boy had a fever of 103.5 too. He got the famous fever shot, antibiotic ear drops, and Clavamox.
Sammy is one tough cookie and I know from past experience that when he starts showing signs of illness that he has been sick for some time. He never lets us know until he is really sick and then I always feel so bad for not knowing sooner. He really hides illness well!
Anyway, he is going to be ok just mad for a few days because of eardrops and medicine. I can live with that!

Thanks everyone for the prayers and concern. Keep us in your thoughts because tomorrow Abigail and Rosco have to go! Good grief!

jazzcat
10-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Wow, I would have never even thought of that. Amazing. Poor Sammy, I hope he starts feeling better soon.

More prayers on the way for the little ones. What time is your appointment?

catcrazylady
10-01-2004, 04:41 PM
The appointment for the little ones is 11:15 in the morning. We are meeting Debbie and Dennis at 7:30am so I'm guesing they will be on the road before then. If not it's no big deal because hubby can take the little ones. The vet is only a few minutes down the street. Hubby can handle the two little ones!;) :D

jazzcat
10-01-2004, 04:44 PM
You know I'll be sitting here waiting for the vet update. I bet Debbie won't leave until she knows too.

I was planning to take them up the mountains and Gatlinburg tomorrow night but I bet they will be exhausted if they are meeting you guys that early and then driving 3-4 hours here. After all their traveling Sunday I'm sure they will collapse on Monday. Oh well, not a good enough excuse for her not to be posting kittens pictures all day Monday.:D

slick
10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Poor little Sammy. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Getting meds is no fun at all but if it makes you better it must be done. Prayers on the way sweetie.

rg_girlca
10-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Hugs and kisses to you Sammy. I hope you feel better real soon.

Poor you Lisa, not just with Sammy, but now with the two little ones.

Hope all goes well.

(((((HUGS)))))

Craftlady
10-01-2004, 05:18 PM
So glad to read Sammy is ok. :)

lizzielou742
10-01-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm so glad Sammy is OK!

I am sure the babies will be fine too. I'll be thinking of you all! :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Poor Sammy.:( I'm glad to hear that it's treatable and he'll be okay. I hope the 2 kittens will also be okay. Please try to keep us updated.

Uniqueviking
10-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Aww, poor Sammy. I hope he is feeling better meanwhile?!

Mine always seem to get health problems this time of year too. But they always end up with eye infections. I had to take Jade to the vet the other day because of that. She was not happy, and she absolutely hates those eye drops.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Poor Sammy- hope he is feeling better soon!!

Waiting *patiently* for PT Meeting pics!

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2004, 04:53 AM
Aww, poor Sammy! That sounds o fun at all. He must have been miserable.

Good luck to the babies this morning. :)

jenluckenbach
10-02-2004, 05:16 AM
What a relief that Sammy is already on the mend.

K & L
10-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Whewwww....I'm so glad you caught this and he's on the road to recovery!!

catmandu
10-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Prayers,are coming,for our Pal Sammy,and we hopethat it is only Hairballs,as ypou can get medicine,for that,even though we ,hate the taste! And Some Homemade Toys,are comin your way,from the Found Cat Hotel Inc.