PDA

View Full Version : Oh, jeesh!

Tonya
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I already had the three baby shower dilemna as it was! Now it's even worse. I have two MIL's. (Lucky me. :rolleyes: ) MIL #1 just called me and said it's not fair that MIL #2 is throwing me a shower, she wants to throw it. So, MIL #1 said to tell MIL #2 that the baby shower is going to be at her house and they're combining the two families together. Well, the problem is that MIL #1 and MIL #2 HATE eachother. MIL #2 already had said "I'm having a baby shower, but Jennifer is not invited." So how in the hell is "Jennifer is having the baby shower, and you have to come...You can't have your shower because she says so." going to fly? And I am stuck in the middle to resolve this?! So what?! Four baby showers? Why do people have to be so uncivil? :mad:

Tonya
10-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Cut it down to two showers.

I wish it was that simple. I have two mothers, my husband has two mothers. They all hate eachother and are totally irrational and uncivil. There is no way they can be in the same room together. To top it all off, they all have this competition thing on who can be the best mom. (Which is probably why they are all insisting on throwing me a shower.)

lizzielou742
10-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh no that sucks!

The only thing I would say is throw yourself your own shower and don't invite any of the MILs.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Samantha Puppy
10-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Tell them that it is HORRIBLE of them to put you in the middle of what is supposed to be a celebration of life and that you refuse to do or say anything to anyone about anything baby shower related. It's time for them to grow up and act like adults instead of a group of catty pre-teen girls.

emily_the_spoiled
10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
It is difficult to be put in this position and they should be more mature than this (but as we know age is not necessarily a sign of maturity).

Is sounds like you have a few choices:
1. Tell all of them that you do not want any baby shower (and stick with it).
2. Have four baby showers.
3. If you have a close friend ask her to host a baby shower and tell everyone that is the ONLY one that you will attend and they are welcome to come if they want.

kingrattus
10-01-2004, 09:11 PM
I second this...

3. If you have a close friend ask her to host a baby shower and tell everyone that is the ONLY one that you will attend and they are welcome to come if they want.

Tonya
10-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I told my husband to deal with it. :D He said that's total B.S. and that I'm not having 3 or 4 showers. He's telling both of his mom's that they can't throw me a shower and they'll just have to come to my other 2.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-02-2004, 03:14 AM
Oh you poor thing!! You really don't need all this stress at the moment!

(Does this mean that you have 4 BABYSITTERS available??;) )

Tonya
10-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Oh you poor thing!! You really don't need all this stress at the moment!

(Does this mean that you have 4 BABYSITTERS available??;) )

Haha, we'll see. I already intend on turning down MIL #2 if she requests to keep the baby. She calls and asks about myself, my hubby, the dogs, the cats, but never Jaden. She even has called me asking if Sarah can spend the week with her, yet has never invited Jaden over or taken Jaden anywhere. I already told her once that Jaden is her grandson too and he deserves equal attention. This is one of the biggest reasons why I am greatful that I am not having a girl. It would have been even worse.

Corinna
10-02-2004, 10:52 AM
I vote for the girlfriend option on the showers. As for the taking kids make it a package deal for every one all or none. My cousin did this and her mom discovered she had more in common with the non bio than with the bio kid.

pitc9
10-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Oh Dear Lord!!!

I say the girlfriend way is the best!
But if worse comes to worse....

So with the flow... have 4 baby showers, just think of all the stuff you guys are going to get for the baby!!!!!!!!

Let everyone do all the work for the shower, all you have to do is show up when it starts, eat and open gifts!!!:D

animal_rescue
10-02-2004, 03:55 PM

go for this one!:D

guster girl
10-02-2004, 09:56 PM
It sounds like you're against having four showers, but, I would in this situation.