PDA

View Full Version : My brother :(

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
I posted this in general, but I know many of my cat friends don't venture that way, so I thought I would cross post

My brother, Jeremy, is in the Army, special forces.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/Random/hidingplaces.jpg

Here's a picture of him

I ask you all to keep him in your prayers as he is being sent to Iraq and will be unable to communicate with us until December when he is supposed to come home for some leave time. He had email access for a while (He has been deployed for about a year now) but I guess they are cutting all communications off. He won't even be able to send or recieve letters. :( I hope he stays safe. He has a wife and a 3 1/2 yr old daughter.

Stay safe, Jeremy!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Gee, seems weird that he can't even send or receive letters. I really don't know how those young men do it. But I suppose.....in a weird way it makes sense because then they can concentrate on the mission at hand without any distractions....but.....I don't know if that's good enough rational in my book.

Anway, good luck Jeremy, stay safe and we'll be hoping and praying that you, and everyone there, make it home safe - in one piece.

Logan
10-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I will be glad to include your brave brother in my prayers. Tell him "thank you" from a proud American.

Logan

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Believe me, Debbie, I don't think it makes much sense either. Supposedly they are doing "secret" stuff :rolleyes: My brother disapeared when I was 12 and I just reciently (right after new years this year) saw him for the first time since then. I really do love my brother and his family. My sister in law came for a few days last week with my neice. She is coping well but is still very sad. My niece has a "daddy doll" (a beanie baby soldier) that Jeremy sent her (awfully cute). She doesnt go anywhere without it.

I just want him to be safe :(

Thanks logan, I'll pass the word on as best I can.

My SIL Amanda and my Nice Karyssa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Honkers36/Mandy%20and%20Karyssa/P9240027.jpg

Barbara
10-01-2004, 11:51 AM
My heart really hurts for all these young men and their families.

I hope your brother stays safe:)

dukedogsmom
10-01-2004, 12:00 PM
That is so sad! I want all our people home! This has gone on way too long and needs to be resolved. They've got a lot of courage, much more than I would ever have. I pray they all stay safe.

nibblets
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
You have my prayers and support. I know how hard it is. My brother was in Viet Nam for a Year and half and it was very hard.
I don't understand the communications thing...but Dec is not far off so think positive and keep praying. {{{{DJ}}}}}

rg_girlca
10-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Praying that your brother Jeremy stays safe and that he will be home for Christmas to celebrate with his wife, adorable daughter and his family.

AbbyMom
10-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Prayers for Jeremy's safe return. Also prayers that the war will be resolved soon so everybody's brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, will return home safely!

QueenScoopalot
10-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Stay safe Jeremy & hurry home to your family. My neighbors two twin sons are also both heading to Iraq. Tom has a scary sounding mission of going door to door looking for explosives. Not a job for the weak hearted that's for sure. I'd be petrified doing such work. He just got remarried six months ago too. All the young men and women in Iraq need our prayers that's for sure.

jazzcat
10-01-2004, 09:09 PM
He and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe!

catfamily
10-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Prayers on the way for your brother.My brother also was in Army Special Forces too but got killed on a motorcycle accident instead.Figures huh?
He could be out there helping his buddies helping us and others.Instead some jerk wiped him out from not paying attention to the road.He would of loved to have been there to help instead.

catmandu
10-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Good Luck,to your brother,and may,he and his Fellow Soldiers,be safe,and sound! The Pet Angels,are keeping an eye,on them!